• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Tournament Weekend: DreamHack Austin Thaiger Uppercut SFV Crash Rev Expo

Hyun Sai

I'm feeling the breakdown.

Even if I want a Laura to take it all, the endless salt upon the Ken win will be delicious...

Shito

Laura's overhead really doesn't work at the tourney level, does it :/
I'm of the opinion that you should never use it, only on the rare occasions when you are so ahead of your opponent that you can afford eating the punish if it's block.
And even then, she has better options...

Also, I'm starting to get a bit tired of seeing all this Ken's. :D

GorillaJu

Saunic has done quite well with the overhead until these last few matches. It was really useful in the set where he put Eita into loser's. It's not safe, but it does have its uses.

Anyway congrats to Eita, he really put the pressure on and Saunic lost his way badly there.

Shito

Great adaptation from Eita, Saunic didn't manage to change his game enough to counter it.

Saunic has done quite well with the overhead until these last few matches. It was really useful in the set where he put Eita into loser's. It's not safe, but it does have its uses.
Point blank it's always a bad idea for me, the move is really slow and easy to react to. It can surprise an opponent from time to time, but it's a bad gimmick to rely on and the risk vs reward is very much not to Laura's favor.
It's best used at max range, hitting on the very last frames, where it becomes safe.

Sayad

Great adaptation from Eita, Saunic didn't manage to change his game enough to counter it.

Point blank it's always a bad idea for me, the move is really slow and easy to react to. It can surprise an opponent from time to time, but it's a bad gimmick to rely on and the risk vs reward is very much not to Laura's favor.
It's best used at max range, hitting on the very last frames, where it becomes safe.
Doesn't it just act like a poke from that range though, you wont catch a good player blocking low from a range where Laura have no lows that would reach.

Shito

Doesn't it just act like a poke from that range though, you wont catch a good player blocking low from a range where Laura have no lows the would reach.
Yeah totally, that's why I said that I don't believe this move is really worth using much. ^^
She already has a great 50/50 game without needing the overhead anyways.

Tripon

Ch8JLK1VEAAh5Ep.jpg

What Gamerbee thinks of coaching.

https://twitter.com/Acidrockkk/status/729311766929231873

Laura's overhead really doesn't work at the tourney level, does it :/

It's the worst overhead in the game.

I'm of the opinion that you should never use it, only on the rare occasions when you are so ahead of your opponent that you can afford eating the punish if it's block.
And even then, she has better options...

It's good in meaty situations off her fireball reset and is also hard to punish off max range. It has it's uses, but when used as an actual overhead, it's really bad.

Shito

It's the worst overhead in the game.

It's good in meaty situations off her fireball reset and is also hard to punish off max range. It has it's uses, but when used as an actual overhead, it's really bad.
I always forget the meaty gimmicks off her claps, I should learn those one day. ^^

jett

D-Member
I wish FGC streamers would start streaming on both Twitch and Youtube. Not because twitch is shit (it is), but because you can easily "rewind" on YouTube in case you missed anything.

Shito

Will2pac's Laura is shaping up nicely.
I still don't like/understand those charged claps at point blank, but he's one of the very few Laura's moving so well with her.

Tripon

There's only a one week ban for new DLC characters.

People aren't using Guile because they don't feel confident in him yet.

Zyrox

Pokken at dreamhack was really good. Lots of close and exciting sets. Also good to see my fav Pokemon make it to Grand Finals. Def gonna be watching the next big Pokken tournament.

qcf x2

Justin not used to dem pnline tactics. I'm probably gonna catch heat for this but I think Sim is the closest to a scrub character that there is in SFV. Not saying he's bad or cheap or that good Sim players aren't good players. But his random setups are so easy to do and he does a lot of damage and stun in SFV. I would put Mika up there but she at least has to be close to you to do her stuff.

You know it would be nice to see some matches from the loser's side

Wow Ricki Ortiz and Julio have to fight each other in losers

Top Bottom