• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fight'N Rage - A welcome addition to the beat 'em up genre! [Steam]

Kazza

Just a heads up: this is 75% off on steam until March 2nd. It's been on my wishlist for a while, but has never been on sale for such a low price (yeah, like everyone, I've been too spoiled by steamsales). At this price, there's no excuse!

Kazza

Just checked steamspy: under 20k sales and only 6 peak concurrent players yesterday. Doesn't seem to have done well commercially. Well, at least it'll be at least 7 players tomorrow.

Pejo

Man i forgot to check dates on the posts, i was like "this game looks great", then i searched it on steam and was like "oh cool, 3.99", then i realized i already owned it. Installing now!

Kazza

Man i forgot to check dates on the posts, i was like "this game looks great", then i searched it on steam and was like "oh cool, 3.99", then i realized i already owned it. Installing now!

Haha, I hope you enjoy it. For anyone waiting on Streets of Rage 4 or who thinks that the new River City Ransom is a little too expensive, I can recommend this one enough, especially at this price. The dev continues to support it too, and recently added a 144Hz option.

ImmaterialAnotherKarakul-size_restricted.gif
CalmFrailChimneyswift-small.gif

005782ded99f9f5dca82a15f970af6f8d732c1f1.gif
-Uo3xk.gif

You can probably spot the Streets of Rage 2 influences here (those look like avian versions of the Thai boxers):

674520_20171126233502_2-1.png
Streets-of-Rage-2-31.gif

jadefire66

This game is fucking awesome. I beat it a bunch of times when it came out (1.0 version), but haven't played it since. If you are a fan of Streets of Rage and Final Fight, this is the game for you. The dev knew exactly what made those games great and didn't just make a crappy clone of them, like most other indie beat 'em ups. This is as good as if the original devs made another game :) Worth every penny.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
Fight N Rage is indeed an underrated gem and I've been playing it quite a bit. The problem is, it can get very VERY unfair and cheesy sometimes. Anything higher than normal difficulty and the enemies can become incredibly cheap, resulting in many many many continues and retries. I'm playing with F. Norris on "Hard" and I'm up to the stage right after the raft stage where there are just endless and endless amounts of mobs and man, it is no joke! Be ready to pull your hair out LOL.

Lucumo

Fight N Rage is indeed an underrated gem and I've been playing it quite a bit. The problem is, it can get very VERY unfair and cheesy sometimes. Anything higher than normal difficulty and the enemies can become incredibly cheap, resulting in many many many continues and retries. I'm playing with F. Norris on "Hard" and I'm up to the stage right after the raft stage where there are just endless and endless amounts of mobs and man, it is no joke! Be ready to pull your hair out LOL.
Aren't you just bad? I didn't find "hard" difficult at all and 1CC'ed it on my first try. "Hardest", however, is another matter. 1CCing that is a bit more difficult and I remember running out of lives in the final stage. Didn't really train for it though and tackled different endings...which became tiresome eventually. Too many of them if you play alone.

Kazza

Haha, isn't it strange to complain that the hard mode is, well, hard? For me, even the normal mode is pretty difficult (more difficult than something like SoR2 anyway). Some people complained on the Steam page about the difficulty and lack of a normal save feature, but the dev explained himself pretty well. For those struggling a little, sometimes it's better to just start over, master the previous levels and accumulate extra lives than to continue from a save.

I think the normal difficulty is just right, personally. I don't think I'll ever be trying the hard!

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
I like how the game actually branches depending what the player does. Saving that girl from the first boss took me on an interesting journey.

Enjay

Banned
River City Girls, Streets of Rage 4, and Battletoads made me leery on developers today being capable enough to make a beat em up

Top Bottom