• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT2| NSFWallet

Status
Not open for further replies.
its a very exclusive miku since it was for the tsunami incident. I probably will pass.

I did pay 22k for this
41779.jpg

I do want kongo and i-58.

javac

I never bought into this. If I see a figure, and it strikes my interest highly enough, I'll buy it. I don't care where it's from. If I didn't, I would be able to own the amazing Megahouse Risty.

I can't do it because if I did I'd never know when to stop. I grew up with anime but even so I can't tell the difference between pink haired girl #1 and pink haired girl #2. I look through the swarm of figures and see some awesome shit but why should I buy this figure of this random girl over this other random girl? You get me? Probably not :p

Basically by limiting it to figures of characters I know, it makes it easier to see and judge how accurate the representation is. I can look and go "Nah this doesn't look like the Ryuko I know" and avoid it. Because I know that character. Now I could just buy figures based on whatever looks cool to me, which makes sense. But...I'd never stop then...because 70% of the figures out there look awesome. But even if it looks awesome, I don't want some random girl on my desk, or some random character. I want Canti, Asuka, Misato, Eva Unit 1, Noriko, Lagann. Names I associate with. Characters that made me laugh and cry. When I look at my Noriko figure I think "You Go girl!" And when I see my Gunbuster with his arms crossed I get a massive grin on my face.

For many it's different. That's fine. But I like limiting myself to things I associate with and characters that resonate with myself. I miss out on many awesome figures. It's a shame. 99.99% of the pre-orders you all post goes over my head, but not before I get to look at them and gawk over them at least. Then I see you all post your pickups and I think "whoa shit looks awesome!". Tharja is an example. Same with Madoka and Miku. Just because I don't buy these figures doesn't mean I can't enjoy them from afar, because I do thanks to you guys and girls in this thread posting all this cool stuff.

Yes. Because you sir, are a MADMAN.

I'm just in for a wo class and maybe some of the other villain ships. Most of the normal character designs don't do much for me.

20-22k for gold saw is like the holy grail. I love the shit out of it from a design wise. Big fan of huke. I mean its not a coincidence that I liked steins;gate as well since its the same artist.

Also Yamato is day one no questions.

omlet

Goodness, Momo sure got expensive. She's a little wisp of a thing, too.

A beautiful one.

But yeah, that's kind of nuts how much she costs now. Didn't realize she'd gone up in cost so much.

Then again, I still kick myself for passing on the Alter Gwendolyn because it was too big for my shelving. I should have gotten it anyway when it didn't cost twice its MSRP. I'll get over it, some day. Maybe. (If anyone knows of one going for less-than-amazon-crazy-prices, shoot me a PM!)

Aniplex+ has an international store that she should go up in if you wait a few weeks. Other than that, your best bet if you don't want to use a proxy or forwarding service is to see if BiJ and N-Y put them up for order. Both are reliable unlike other sites *cough*Crunchyroll*cough* when it comes to Limited Edition/Exclusive preorders, but BiJ requires that you pay up front while N-Y doesn't.

N-Y has Homura listed for 17k but the buy button still disabled. Going to bed now, will check back in morning.

Ultimadrago

In the interest of promoting the new thread, and totally not to boost my post count, I suggest we discuss our first figures that got us hooked. My addiction arose from Left Hand's Motoko Kusanagi. God-tier figure from a god-tier show.

This post from Vox-Pop was the terrible gateway for me.

I was simply sifting through the thread because I like looking at well-done figures and one day I found those Nichijou trading figures staring back at me.

xjxmerqu2x.jpg

My fate was already sealed.

Giolon

I can't do it because if I did I'd never know when to stop. I grew up with anime but even so I can't tell the difference between pink haired girl #1 and pink haired girl #2. I look through the swarm of figures and see some awesome shit but why should I buy this figure of this random girl over this other random girl? You get me? Probably not :p

Basically by limiting it to figures of characters I know, it makes it easier to see and judge how accurate the representation is. I can look and go "Nah this doesn't look like the Ryuko I know" and avoid it. Because I know that character. Now I could just buy figures based on whatever looks cool to me, which makes sense. But...I'd never stop then...because 70% of the figures out there look awesome. But even if it looks awesome, I don't want some random girl on my desk, or some random character. I want Canti, Asuka, Misato, Eva Unit 1, Noriko, Lagann. Names I associate with. Characters that made me laugh and cry. When I look at my Noriko figure I think "You Go girl!" And when I see my Gunbuster with his arms crossed I get a massive grin on my face.

For many it's different. That's fine. But I like limiting myself to things I associate with and characters that resonate with myself. I miss out on many awesome figures. It's a shame. 99.99% of the pre-orders you all post goes over my head, but not before I get to look at them and gawk over them at least. Then I see you all post your pickups and I think "whoa shit looks awesome!". Tharja is an example. Same with Madoka and Miku. Just because I don't buy these figures doesn't mean I can't enjoy them from afar, because I do thanks to you guys and girls in this thread posting all this cool stuff.

I get it. It makes sense as a form of self control. I use "Sadness factor" - how sad will I be if I miss out forever on the opportunity to get a figure? If it'd make me sad enough, I'll buy it. It actually turns out to be a decently high bar. Then there's secondary bars like having to be comfortable displaying it and not being just a swimsuit figure.

Ultimadrago

Omg this set...

It is not cheap isn't it...?

They come in a set of 12 (Two unique figures for each girl and two extras). When I purchased it around release, I got them for about $80+ (not including shipping). You can catch a box online for no less than $130+ now.

On the bright(er) side there have been newer trading figures (larger/non-SD with less figures) for them since and those go for cheaper at about $100.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
They come in a set of 12 (Two unique figures for each girl and two extras). When I purchased it around release, I got them for about $80+ (not including shipping). You can catch a box online for no less than $130+ now.

On the bright(er) side there have been newer trading figures (larger/non-SD with less figures) for them since and those go for cheaper at about $100.

The price isn't that bad compare to the figures I got, I just hate how the figures in the box are random. It is not possible to get all of them in one box.

Ultimadrago

I want those....

They are adorable ~<3

The price isn't that bad compare to the figures I got, I just hate how the figures in the box are random. It is not possible to get all of them in one box.

I've gotten about four boxes of various trading figures at this point. If you purchase them retail (a.k.a. from major sites that give you a fresh box), you are guaranteed all the unique standard figures, in my experience. I have always gotten all of the unique figures in one box.

Now if you buy from "[Bob]'s Figures" or a much lesser known site, it may be a different story. Those sites are known to splice boxes in order to sell individual figures off. This means a "box" could consist of contents from three other boxes.

================================================================================================================================
Off-Topic, but gonna put this somewhere on the site!

To clarify my post to firehawk12 months ago in the Anime thread about Gintama and Nichijou. I said that the episode of Gintama that finally managed to be outright hilarious (Episode 25) was on-par if not greater to the average humor-based skit from Nichijou. Not that it was better than or made it better than Nichijou. Nichijou's other elements have Gintama beat even if I was saying such a thing (including art and music).

Gintama is still a good comedy, but Nichijou is much stronger in its dedication to theme and conversational gags. Plus, the amount of time it takes to get to that first great episode of Gintama takes what's about the entire length of Nichijou!

So yeah, Nichijou's crown was never taken and I certainly didn't mean to imply that it was. And not to call Gintama out as every comedy falls short in comparison to Nichijou.

They are adorable ~<3

I've gotten about four boxes of various trading figures at this point. If you purchase them retail (a.k.a. from major sites that give you a fresh box), you are guaranteed all the unique standard figures, in my experience. I have always gotten all of the unique figures in one box.

Now if you buy from "[Bob]'s Figures" or a much lesser known site, it may be a different story. Those sites are known to splice boxes in order to sell individual figures off. This means a "box" could consist of contents from three other boxes.

3 pages in on OT2 and I've already been snared in - box ordered. There is no escape, abandon hope all ye who enter...

I don't collect figures, but I visit the figure thread daily. This is one of my favorite threads on GAF. You guys post such adorable figures all the time and are super rad to one another. Really excited to see the new figures you guys pick up this time around!

Same here.

I probably check this thread at least once a day.

I would post more if I actually ordered figures.

arhra

Honoka really is...if they do all the girls i might complete the set

Trouble is, you never know for sure if they're actually going to do the complete set, so buying characters you're not especially fond of is always a bit of a gamble. If they do a Rin, I'll be preordering on day one, but I'm not going to jump in for Honoka, lovely as she might be (besides, I don't have space for another set of girls that big).

At least it's not Alter though, so if they do go for the complete set, it probably won't take them five years for them to finish it (I got Alter's Sanya and Yoshika back in 2010, and the way they've been delaying things lately, one of the last few slipping into 2015 wouldn't at all surprise me...).

RMI

Banned
In the interest of promoting the new thread, and totally not to boost my post count, I suggest we discuss our first figures that got us hooked. My addiction arose from Left Hand's Motoko Kusanagi. God-tier figure from a god-tier show.

It started pretty simply with a humble Aigis Figma about a year ago.

but now THIS

My first scale figs were Momohime and 1/6 Alter Aigis. 1/6 Alter Aigis is still probably my favorite fig in my entire collection.

I guess AmiAmi no longer bothers linking used items to searching, kind of annoying really. I used to just search something like "K-On" to find any new used stuff but it never shows up like that now. Have to look through all the listings for them.

RMI

Banned
I guess AmiAmi no longer bothers linking used items to searching, kind of annoying really. I used to just search something like "K-On" to find any new used stuff but it never shows up like that now. Have to look through all the listings for them.

the search function on AmiAmi seems pretty fickle. Sometimes items won't show up at all unless they're in stock, other times you can look at sold out items with no stock. I don't really completely understand its inconsistencies.

the search function on AmiAmi seems pretty fickle. Sometimes items won't show up at all unless they're in stock, other times you can look at sold out items with no stock. I don't really completely understand its inconsistencies.

I'm glad it's not just me who experiences this. Their search function is really inflexible, I daresay the hassle to find something in the past has resulted in me taking my business elsewhere on more than one occasion.

WolfStark

Waiting hungry for the next Danganronpa for Vita but woah, she's really beautiful! Looking forward to Kyoko next month, wish I could buy the whole line, looking at that picture.

kewlmyc

:)

Ya the TV and gaming theme alone makes me want to order it. If the cost is right I might just do that.

The detail on the TV is probably going to jack up the price. It's DanganRonpa so I'll probably get it regardless.

Apparently it goes up for preorder the 27th.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom