• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy 15 - Windows Version Trailer (PC)

I've never really been much into Final Fantasy and have only ever played Crystal Chronicles on GameCube (which I know is like some kind of spin-off, but still).

I like the look of FF XV, especially the hack 'n' slash/action-RPG style combat. If the game is legit good I might seriously considering getting this.

It's a good game. The gameplay is solid, and it does a good job in staying faithful to the initial Versus XIII trailer.
The problem people had with it was the fact that the story is a bit haphazard. I liked it personally, aside from the fact I got a bit confused around the midway point when you're main
changes to something else without any real explanation, and the previous main mission is just completely dropped.

Vuze

Nice. Not interested in the game per se (the demo I played on PS4 was a huge turn-off) but it looks be a nice modding playground to spend a few hours with much like Skyrim.

Synless

It's a really bad final fantasy game in my opinion. It lacks and interesting world, well developed characters, the traversal with the car was badly implemented, story is mediocre as heck. Combat and graphics is all it had going for me when I played it. I plan on making a thread about it one day when I stop being lazy but I replied to you just so my earlier post doesn't look like bait or something.
edit: I forgot the soundtrack which is top tier...when it's there.

Reply above is what I think about it in short.
I feel a lot of these issues have been addressed through updates though. Car traversal is much improved, they have been adding story dlc (though I will concede the main story has holes). I dunno, the game is in my top 5 FF games overall.

silva1991

Looks good but that first person view is awful in combat lol.

Luna replaced by Stella.

Now that's one way to make me consider playing this game again.

Also give me the real king Regis back

latest

37BVUuI.jpg

Couldn't care less about hag regis.

jsnepo

So how many firmware updates does Sony need to release to improve quality to ultimate quality?

First person camera is surprising.

Ydelnae

Me and my best friend hacking the original Versus script and the unfinished maps from the game once the PC version is released

b7aodQ.gif

The first person camera mode though, why?

The tech showcase means it will easily sell more than 1 million copies on PC alone. PC owners love benchmarking.

Joey Ravn

Banned
Nice! I have the game digitally on PS4, but never played it. If by the time I get to play FFXV it's cheap on PC, I'll switch versions :)

Aww, has Dolby Atmos, but no Dolby Vision? Hope it'll at least have HDR10 like the console versions.
My PS4 steelbook is still shrink-wrapped. Guess I'll double dip. :(

Koozek

Nice. Not interested in the game per se (the demo I played on PS4 was a huge turn-off) but it looks be a nice modding playground to spend a few hours with much like Skyrim.
Which demo? The Platinum Demo last year was an atrocious showcase of the actual game and should really be removed from PSN already. The Episode Duscae demo from 2015 was kinda representative, but a lot changed since then compared to the final version.

UrbanRats

Cool, Turf and hair-works look very good.

I'll get it for cheap though, not a game worth double dipping for, and SE on PC is not to be trusted, honestly.

Vuze

Which demo? The Platinum Demo last year was an atrocious showcase of the actual game and should really be removed from PSN already. The Episode Duscae demo from 2015 was kinda representative, but a lot changed since then compared to the final version.
I think it was Platinum, yeah.

Now the only question for me is whether the DLC will be included in a "GOTY" type package or if SquareEnix will actually have the gall to make it a separate purchase.

I can't wait to run it "maxed" out at 1080p at ~24FPS!

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Ultimate quality doesn't mean Ultimate Edition sadly. I just hoe SE will release it with the season pass contents for a price of 40€, considering you can get the vanilla game for 20€ easily.
DLC included confirmed.

DHvr1oyXUAAJvbX

Glad those who only play on PC finally get a chance to try FFXV. Gotta say the first person combat looks a bit shoehorned in, that mode is probably best kept to exploring.

Top Bottom