• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy 7 Remake Spoilers Thread!

Mojo1990

So I've just watched the ending.
Awesome.
The changes make sense and only add to the feeling of urgency and "prophecy".

Arkage

Banned
I didn't read any of this thread and I won't (not yet) I did get an email update from the courier delivering my First Class Edition and its expected to arrive tomorrow!!! Beyond happy this is finding its way early, despite all the chaos in the world right now, I'm in Canada so maybe thats helpful too although we have our share of problems, people are taking the self isolation thing more seriously, fines are being handed out to people that don't respect the closures. I'm ready to stay inside once this thing comes! pics to follow.

Goddamn it Canada is right next to the US. WHY DOESNT SQUARE SEND ME MY GAME.

It really is insufferable as hell to try to ignore spoiler threads when its basically my most anticipated game of the decade. I keep thinking "OK I'll just go sneak a peak to see if there's any music uploads" because I love the soundtrack and then I get sucked into crazy spoiler shit because it's fucking irresistable. And the fact that a select group of people get to have deep convos around the game's lore when I can't even play it is miserable.

Last edited:

DryPancakes

Banned
It seems like the 5 yeasrs of hype were based on false advertisement, I don't think anyone jumping up and down in those reaction videos wanted a loose retelling of FF7 with nomura's fanfiction clumsily inserted in.

chitzy

Banned
Yeah just saw the ending. Some real screwball changes there. Don't think I approve.

Sephiroth shouldn't be introduced so early in the game, it really takes away from letting the story naturally unfold. And no idea why the fuck they decided to turn him into some generic mastermind villain who is trolling Cloud throughout the game. Much more interesting as the angry dude with severe mommy issues. Wonder if they even introduce the Jenova stuff.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
I'm still getting the game. Hopin its a fun time. But wow this is some bulllllllllshit lol

Add new story elements to give more detail to the world & characters? Awesome. A remake doesn't have to literally be 1:1.

Completely changing the battle system? Will annoy some but understandable. Just play the original if you want that experience.

Completely change the story to be some sort of self-referential 4th wall meandering retread, recontextualizing if not eliminating certain events entirely? Fuck off.

Paracelsus

Mastodontic spoiler about the plot changes, no popular character scenes inside

Mastodontic spoiler about the plot changes, no popular character scenes inside

Last edited:

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
Just another week or so and people are gonna turn on this game so fast or live in denial and I'm gonna LOVE it.

If you didn't shill it as a bare minimum remake and the writers were better I could actually see what they're doing as an interesting turning point, but it's all gonna come across as flat and moronic. CAN'T WAIT!

chitzy

Banned
So apparently

This game isn't so much a remake as a sequel, with Sephiroth somehow traveling back in time to try to change the events of FF7.

Enjay

Banned
So apparently

This game isn't so much a remake as a sequel, with Sephiroth somehow traveling back in time to try to change the events of FF7.
Nah in reality it's just bad kingdom hearts leftovers. What you said is just a fan theory as far as I'm concerned. Nomura just does not have the creative chops to think of something that good. (in fact he's probably rewriting the drawing board for episodes 2-10 to make it seem like that was the intent all along now)

In fact,
once you see the cringey as fuck cliffhanger ending on the highway it's obvious that it is just a modern take on the old story and that the new "villain(s)" are just repurposed kingdom hearts 3 organization 13 crap

Last edited:

chitzy

Banned
Based on what I'm hearing, calling this FF7 REMAKE is pretty much false advertisement...

Sephiroth kills Barrett.

This is a stand alone game and was never meant to be followed up with parts 2, 3, etc. The final boss is SEPHIROTH.

https://i.4cdn.org/v/1585901119541.webm

Last edited:

Birdo

Banned
I risked my life to bring this info from ResetEra:

the events of VII and AC have already happened in another timeline
[*] the ghost things are Whispers of Fate that try to keep the characters in line with the original game
[*]Biggs and Wedge live. Jessie still dies.
[*]After the highway chase Cloud and co. fight the Whispers of Fate and beat them, making it so they're no longer bound by the original FFVII's storyline.
[*]During the battle the party is shown the clip of an old Nanaki with his cubs running towards a destroyed Midgar, Red XIII guesses it's a vision of the future that awaits them if they fail
[*]Sephiroth shows up after beating them. Fight is basically AC-tier, Sephiroth gets a black wing mid-fight.
[*]While this happens we flashback to Zack surviving his last stand in an alternate timeline
[*] After beating Sephiroth he teleports Cloud to the "edge of creation" and asks for his help in "defying destiny... together".
[*] He refuses and fight similar to their final omnislash duel ensues
[*]the party escapes Midgar.
[*]We continue Zack's scene with him walking to Midgar with a comatose Cloud holding on to him.
[*]Remake Aeris and Alt! Zack sense each other
[*]fade to black

It's kind of a sequel to Advent Children :/

Gexxy1

[*] the ghost things are Whispers of Fate that try to keep the characters in line with the original game
[*]After the highway chase Cloud and co. fight the Whispers of Fate and beat them, making it so they're no longer bound by the original FFVII's storyline.
[*]During the battle the party is shown the clip of an old Nanaki with his cubs running towards a destroyed Midgar, Red XIII guesses it's a vision of the future that awaits them if they fail
[*]Sephiroth shows up after beating them. Fight is basically AC-tier, Sephiroth gets a black wing mid-fight.
[*]While this happens we flashback to Zack surviving his last stand in an alternate timeline
[*] After beating Sephiroth he teleports Cloud to the "edge of creation" and asks for his help in "defying destiny... together".
[*]We continue Zack's scene with him walking to Midgar with a comatose Cloud holding on to him.
[*]fade to black

Kiss my fucking ass Square

Airbus Jr

Banned

[*]fade to black

Sorry for this but im a total noob when it comes to ff7

But the original story of ff7 happens before or after advent children?

caffeware

Banned
Do you think that while making the remake they figure a standard conversion was too much work, so decided to go bonkers?

To me this makes so much sense now. They probably will wrap it up in the next installment.

Last edited:

caffeware

Banned
DrewCwbX0AAijga.jpg

Comic-Con-2014-Autograph-Session-Kojima-and-Nomura.jpg

chitzy

Banned
Do you think that while making the remake they figure a standard conversion was too much work, so decided to go bonkers?

To me this makes so much sense now. They probably will wrap it up in the next installment.
Probably. The thought of current day Square releasing a game with an open world like the original FF7 is laughable.

Airbus Jr

Banned
From the leaks? yes. Yes they are.

They didn't release part 1 of a remake. They released a spin-off.

Holy shit...

Whos responsible for this?

Nomura?

The guy who ruined FF 13 Versus/15?

My god..why does Square Enix keep this guy around?

He seems terible ( his track record)

Last edited:

Airbus Jr

Banned
To be fair here, FF13 was ruined from the moment it was conceived inside someone's head.

I heard alot of loud noises from the past (fans) hating Nomura for ruining final fantasy and kingdom heart

after this it all make sense now

Jezzus he just ruined FF7 remake

This game is like the holy grail not just for jrpg but rpg game in general

He should be sacked for this

Altering the story in FF7 is just plain wrong and stupid

After Resident Evil 3 nutjob this seems like a bad weekend for remake game

Last edited:

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
Holy shit...

Whos responsible for this?

Nomura?

The guy who ruined FF 13 Versus/15?

My god..why does Square Enix keep this guy around?

He seems terible ( his track record)
Tetsuya Nomura and Kazushige Nojima. I'm glad that XIII Versus never happened, FF XV is better than anything Nomura could have come up with.

Spokker

Say what you will about the time travel and whispers and shit, but having the backstory of Midgar's cats fleshed out makes it all worth it.

Top Bottom