• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Type-0 English Fan Translation – some number of weeks left

Status
Not open for further replies.

CmdBash

tried playing it japanese, but struggled to get past a few hours of due to lack of understanding. Good to see some dedicated fans are doing what square enix can't do.

Paskil

I apologize if this has been answered already, since I only glossed over the website and this thread, but someone on page one mentions needing the UMD? I have no problem ordering a new (if available) or used copy of the game, from Japan if necessary.

Ideally, SE would announce a physical PSP/Vita localization, at the very least for sale through their NA store, if not a widescale release. Being a Final Fantasy game, this is definitely something I want a physical copy of to complete my FF collection. THat said, I would rather buy the localized physical copy rather than a JP copy now and a legitimate SE physical output later. Not posting this because I'm a cheap pirate, or anything.

Labadal

I bought a physical copy from Play Asia. Bought the ugly Ultimate Hits version for $35. There's no reason to wait if you want the game, have a PSP and some money.

JudgeN

I thought I remember reading controls were a problem with the game, will playing on the Vita with a second stick help?

Wow.

Now I am sad that I do not own a CFW PSP any more. Because how else am I supposed to play this?

And I don't think Square gives a rat's ass about this project. Their comprehension of what their fans expect from Final Fantasies is so deep in their own rectum, they'll never realize the obvious truth.

Just buy a PSP from ebay or Gamestop or something. They can't be anymore than about 20 bucks.

Just buy a PSP from ebay or Gamestop or something. They can't be anymore than about 20 bucks.

It runs on PPSSPP last I heard. You should be ablle to buy the JP PSN version as well, from my understanding that actually gives you 2 seperate downloads, one for each disc , so you can download those with MediaGo, unpack the ISOs from each and recombine them using tools available on the PC.

daveo42

Banned
I'm going to have to find my PSP. It's been ages since I've played anything on it. Maybe I'll get my friend to ship me a copy of the game from Japan.

Voror

Congrats on the progress. Now if only I had a PSP. I suppose I could buy one though since they are pretty cheap now.

Luigi87

Ordered the physical copy (in the ugly Ultimate Hits case). It was the most inexpensive option for me (if only the PSN version were 2000 yen instead of 2100 yen).
All-in'ing on this now.

I hope my PSP isn't permanently dead due to tech age. I would be too ashamed to take this thing outside. I can't believe that this is really happening. How long have we been waiting to play this since the original announcement of this game?

It is a great (but flawed) game. one of my favourite new game (not counting remakes) from SE in recent years (with TWEWY and Bravely Default)

Luigi87

My copy finally shipped from Yes-Asia
9f07_064.jpg

heiyu

"As of now, the main scenario of the game is 95% done, making it playable in English almost completely (and in fact, I confess I’ve been enjoying it a little :p). Once it’s complete, I’ll create a test build, so the team can beta-test the translation, making sure everything is alright, before releasing the actual patch." by ~Sky

AwShucks

Once this is a go, I will be playing it immediately. Not sure how. I have my PSP still but I never hacked/rooted it so if it's easier to do PPSSPP then I'll probably be inclined to go that route.

FiraB

Banned
Be happy to play this again in English, great FF title.
Will emulate it to play in English though, to much hassle to apply it to my vita copy.

heiyu

Be happy to play this again in English, great FF title.
Will emulate it to play in English though, to much hassle to apply it to my vita copy.

seems ppsspp won't work with the translation since it requires to merge the 2 iso into 1. someone already complaint it only shows black screen instead of video sequence

"Roku Toto • 2 days ago
I can't see cutscenes on PPSSPP emulator, is there any way around it ?

Please help"

"Douglas Silva • 2 days ago −
i have most cutscenes using ppsspp ver.v0.9.6-453-gda97a67

nah its only the simple ones >.< the real thing is black for me too"

seems ppsspp won't work with the translation since it requires to merge the 2 iso into 1. someone already complaint it only shows black screen instead of video sequence

"Roku Toto • 2 days ago
I can't see cutscenes on PPSSPP emulator, is there any way around it ?

Please help"

"Douglas Silva • 2 days ago &#8722;
i have most cutscenes using ppsspp ver.v0.9.6-453-gda97a67

nah its only the simple ones >.< the real thing is black for me too"

Whoa... Damnit. That sucks that this has issues in PPSSPP...

Does it work fine on a PSP/Vita?

Gutss

Finally!! very excited with this fan translation, its so long that ive played a new Final fantasy.
Thanks sky for your wonderfull project, many fans will be happy with this.

heiyu

Whoa... Damnit. That sucks that this has issues in PPSSPP...

Does it work fine on a PSP/Vita?

as for the PSP

"For the third version of the Merging Files, I decided to include untouched video files, to achieve the maximum quality. This makes the final ISO go over 2GB. Most PSP firmwares have problems addressing games bigger than that. In order to have a full experience, you&#8217;ll need to use the &#8220;Inferno UMD Driver&#8221;, present in Custom Firmware PRO. So simply update your PSP firmware and you should have no problem playing the game ;)"

stryke

Found this on wololo forums

Re: Final Fantasy Type-0

Postby dmaskell92 » Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:20 am

TN wont load Type-0 merged. I tried it, failed, and reported it to TN in private message. He never sent anything back. I assume he's busy, Or flooded by fans. I do think it's because the file size is so large. I never tried compressing the videos (taking quality away) to reduce the iso size. Perhaps you can make this huge iso a cso? I hope someone manages to get this thing running before the translation patch is out.

[...]

Going to have to dust off my psp then. It doesn't look like Sky has given any indication he'll release individual patches for both discs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom