• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV 2.0 plans announced (PS3 in Q1 2013, Sub Fees Return This November)

zlatko

Banned
Trying to read all of what Teknoman posted and a lot of it sounds cool, but one in particular caught my eye.

"Job System."

What is this? Are they ditching all of the classes? Adding completely new ones? I'm a bit confused as to what this means.

Desi

with the current armory system every class is a bit of a hybrid in a way.

The job system they are introducing builds on that similar to specs in other MMO's. You obtain a certain rank in both(example) GLD and MRD and then you can unlock Paladin through a quest. PLD's are much better tanks and gain magical abilities.

Ravidrath

zlatko said:
Trying to read all of what Teknoman posted and a lot of it sounds cool, but one in particular caught my eye.

"Job System."

What is this? Are they ditching all of the classes? Adding completely new ones? I'm a bit confused as to what this means.

There will be both Classes and Jobs.

Classes are the highly-mutable things you have now, where you can cobble together whatever you want. They're more solo/casual-oriented in the new plan.

Jobs are static, highly-concentrated things. So, say, your Thaumaturge will become a Black Mage and gain lots of new spells and abilities, lose all its healing abilities, and get boosts to BLM-type things. They're designed for high-level party play with strong roles.

zlatko

Banned
Ravidrath said:
There will be both Classes and Jobs.

Classes are the highly-mutable things you have now, where you can cobble together whatever you want. They're more solo/casual-oriented in the new plan.

Jobs are static, highly-concentrated things. So, say, your Thaumaturge will become a Black Mage and gain lots of new spells and abilities, lose all its healing abilities, and get boosts to BLM-type things. They're designed for high-level party play with strong roles.

thankyoubasedgod.gif

Have they listed the new jobs and what classes turn into what jobs?

I'll bust 203948203 nuts if Puppetmaster makes its return. I'd come back to FF14 for PUP. :)

params7

Banned
Hope SE get their shit together. I always wanted to play FF11, then 14 launched to a disaster but this patch bring some good news.

hteng

Banned
Teknoman said:
No sub fees in November confirmed.

Looking like December-January at the earliest, after the next giant patch...which will most likely be even bigger than the last 2.

lol oh my, thanks for the info. SE can't seem to decide what to do. that's why i've been very skeptical with their roadmap, if they can make these changes in just a few weeks then definitely it will not be a smooth sail for the duration of the year of the roadmap.

oh well, let's hope for the best !

xxczx

Sorry for the bump, don't know if this has been posted yet
Square Enix is considering Vita and smartphone support for Final Fantasy XIV, with access to inventory and in-game item purchases, Yoshida said.

"Not just the Vita, but also smartphones, so that kind of access will be allowed," Yoshida said. "That will open the door to things like applications that people can used to check their inventory, or check the market and purchase things from the auctions."

Yoshida said Square is also still speaking with Microsoft about an Xbox 360 version, but its focus now is mostly on releasing it on PS3.
http://www.joystiq.com/2011/10/22/yoshida-final-fantasy-xiv-to-get-vita-smartphone-support-and/

Reveirg

One thing I'm wondering : if we were to create characters and start playing the PC version right now, will we be able to transfer our characters to the PS3 2.0 version of the game?

Thoraxes

One thing I'm wondering : if we were to create characters and start playing the PC version right now, will we be able to transfer our characters to the PS3 2.0 version of the game?
Yes, I believe you'll be able to. They're all cross compatible, with all characters on all platforms being able to play with each other, just like FFXI on the PC and PS2.

Reveirg

Yes, I believe you'll be able to. They're all cross compatible, with all characters on all platforms being able to play with each other, just like FFXI on the PC and PS2.

Not to doubt your word, but did the development team specifically said so? Or are we just assuming it'll be like FFXI?

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
Wait wait, so they going to begin charging people for playing this crappy game starting November 2011, but the so-call "fixed" 2.0 full patch won't be up till October 2012?

Who the hell going to subscript for 1 year to wait for your patch.

They will have better chance on getting more money by setting a "please donate :(" button in the front page.

Teknoman

Not to doubt your word, but did the development team specifically said so? Or are we just assuming it'll be like FFXI?

Yoshi-P said so (the lead producer). Everyone will be playing on the same servers for the most part. No character wipes either.

Wait wait, so they going to begin charging people for playing this crappy game starting November 2011, but the so-call "fixed" 2.0 full patch won't be up till October 2012?

Who the hell going to subscript for 1 year to wait for your patch.

They will have better chance on getting more money by setting a "please donate :(" button in the front page.

They arent charging starting in November. They will start charging a reduced fee sometime after patch 1.20 hits, not as soon as it hits. The date for that is still TBA.

Top Bottom