• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn - PS4 Beta |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noi

yeah that's what i was thinking looking at the store.

makes the ps3 -> ps4 upgrade a waste though..

It's a bit weird, cause just downloading the client doesn't give you access to the PS4 version. You'd still need to "buy" the game like with any other version in order to use it, so I'm not sure what the point of offering the client for "free" would be.

If you hate playing with others, you're going to hate this game even more as it progresses.

Yea, I think your right.

Really, I'm just messing around with it and trying have fun, messing with the crafting and little battles here and there till the Elder Scrolls comes out. I highly doubt I will get any of my character past the 30's though.

Guys, I've never played an MMO in my life, but I'm interested in playing this game on ps4. Would someone care to explain me how the mechanics of the game work? Also, is the monthly subscription worthy? I've never player a Final Fantasy game before, will that matter?

Well, any of the group play stuff is completely irrelevant to me. The only time I do group play is when the main story forces me to do it to continue the story.

After that, I never do it again.

I personally hate the dungeons.

I dont like the fact that everyone has to play a clear distinct role and cant do anything outside of that. I dont like the restrictiveness of that. And when I try to do anything outside of my role, like healing someone, or attack another target, others in the party goes off in the chat and tell me how to play. I'm a grown ass man, I play how I want.

So for that reason, I play by myself.

I don't like partying up with others nor talking to them.

I know, I know, that it may seem strange to play an social MMO by yourself, but this game is the closest thing to an RPG on the PS4 at the moment so im kind of stuck with it as 80% of the games I buy are RPG's, its all I practically play.

Being able to play how i want to play is one reason I'd rather play the elder scrolls online on PS4 than this game. Wither that be building my character how ever I see fit and choose to play the game single player or multiplayer. But Elder Scrolls on PS4 aint out yet.

But yea, I like the archer class as it gives me the most control, survivability, and fun for a person playing alone.

My archer has a very high Mind rating, so my healing is good enough to heal 1/3 of my health, but still not conjurer level of good though. But I can still cast protect, raise, and healing spells on myself and others I see in the wild. So I can handle myself without the need of anyone helping me.

Do yourself a favor and never play MMOs.

At level 30 all the cross class skills you like will go away.

But really, don't waste your time and money on this game. MMO is completely the wrong genre of game for you in literally every way imaginable.

Do yourself a favor and never play MMOs.

At level 30 all the cross class skills you like will go away.

But really, don't waste your time and money on this game. MMO is completely the wrong genre of game for you in literally every way imaginable.

Agreed. You aren't going to have fun with this and other people are going to be miserable playing with you. The mechanics of this game are going to set you up for failure and it's going to cause everyone else to feel like you wasted their time.

Guys, I've never played an MMO in my life, but I'm interested in playing this game on ps4. Would someone care to explain me how the mechanics of the game work? Also, is the monthly subscription worthy? I've never player a Final Fantasy game before, will that matter?

Honestly, that's a lot to ask someone to describe. I would recommend just using google and looking up some gameplay or wiki articles.

Obviously most people in this thread feel like it's worth of a subscription or we wouldn't be playing it. ;-)

It doesn't matter if you've played a FF game before. It's a self contained story.

Tex117

Banned
Well, any of the group play stuff is completely irrelevant to me. The only time I do group play is when the main story forces me to do it to continue the story.

I dont like the fact that everyone has to play a clear distinct role and cant do anything outside of that. I dont like the restrictiveness of that. And when I try to do anything outside of my role, like healing someone, or attack another target, others in the party goes off in the chat and tell me how to play. I'm a grown ass man, I play how I want.

I know, I know, that it may seem strange to play an social MMO by yourself, but this game is the closest thing to an RPG on the PS4 at the moment so im kind of stuck with it as 80% of the games I buy are RPG's, its all I practically play.

Being able to play how i want to play is one reason I'd rather play the elder scrolls online on PS4 than this game. Wither that be building my character how ever I see fit and choose to play the game single player or multiplayer. But Elder Scrolls on PS4 aint out yet.

But yea, I like the archer class as it gives me the most control, survivability, and fun for a person playing alone.

My archer has a very high Mind rating, so my healing is good enough to heal 1/3 of my health, but still not conjurer level of good though. But I can still cast protect, raise, and healing spells on myself and others I see in the wild. So I can handle myself without the need of anyone helping me.
Im the same way, and I have enjoyed FFXIV. You will have to co-op some for the story, but otherwise, you are free to play the mainquest line solo.

Blackthorn

"hello?" "this is vagina"
I was going to wait until the PS4 launch to make my new Lalafell but then I realised what a clusterfuck making a character on Ultros will be on launch day.

So, please send a warm hello to Vivi Quan who'll be Thaumaturging it up on the 11th.

Blackthorn

"hello?" "this is vagina"
You will get an item that lets you remake your toon when your paid subscription starts
I meant in terms of getting into the server, I've been subbed since the PC launch. Made my character there so they're ready to go.

(I know it's not necessary to have alts in this game but I really wanted a Lalafell and I felt totally lost when I logged into my Dragoon)

Sophia

You may as well not even bother, then. You're going to hate the game past level 30, and you'll make others hate you, plain and simple. This is not a game for John Rambo'ing it up the way you please. It's a social game, and working in a group efficiently is essential.

So I'm confused. If I buy the PS3 version for $25, does it come with a free month subscription? And when I upgrade to the PS4 version for free, does my free month continue for X many days that are left? And lastly, can I download the PS4 version now, and just "unlock" the full version whenever the upgrade day is without having to download anything else?

Noi

So I'm confused. If I buy the PS3 version for $25, does it come with a free month subscription? And when I upgrade to the PS4 version for free, does my free month continue for X many days that are left? And lastly, can I download the PS4 version now, and just "unlock" the full version whenever the upgrade day is without having to download anything else?

Yes. To all three questions.

You may as well not even bother, then. You're going to hate the game past level 30, and you'll make others hate you, plain and simple. This is not a game for John Rambo'ing it up the way you please. It's a social game, and working in a group efficiently is essential.

pretty much why i stay away from the group play stuff and just enjoy the side quest. and by the way, im already at lvl 32. i do like the fates though, everyones pretty much free game there.

ice_cube_wtf_gqvqs30u.gif

don't see you lasting :/

wapplew

I have an PC account, this account never play beta.
Now ps3 version is 25, if I buy ps3 version and add that to my PC account, can I get early access for PS4 version?

IMBored

Woke up today and it's still not friday :(
I had a hopeful thought. Maybe when they said the early access starts on the 11th they mean 00:00 JST, so I could play it tomorrow. But I know it won't be like that.

Now ps3 version is 25, if I buy ps3 version and add that to my PC account, can I get early access for PS4 version?

I think so, yes.

plake

Yes, but you will have to logon to your PS3 account at least once on a PS3.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009

Man I live for the dungeons. It's the only actual fun part of an MMO for me. Killing x rats or clicking on x number if "enchanted grass patches" or whatever is bullshit. Getting into a great team and watching your well oiled machine just absolutely haul ass is great. Plus that's where you get good gear to make yourself look badass while you continue on your way killing x of y mandragoras.

I hate when I get a new tank who doesn't want to lead the group or sucks at drawing hate.

jurec84

Unconfirmed Member
Is there any way to pre-order it through the PSN store? I could pre-order the game from shopto, but I'm afraid I won't get it on Monday, because I live abroad ... I wanted to do a PS3 to PS4 transfer, but my PS3 died on me last week ... What are my options?

plake

Is there any way to pre-order it through the PSN store? I could pre-order the game from shopto, but I'm afraid I won't get it on Monday, because I live abroad ... I wanted to do a PS3 to PS4 transfer, but my PS3 died on me last week ... What are my options?

If your PS3 has died most likely you'll have to buy PS4 version physical to be able to play from the 11th. Not heard anything about when game's due for the SEN store.

All details will be out the 11th at the latest. They're quite sparse now.

IvorB

I know this has probably been repeated a couple of times that I have read in this thread so far but I just wanted confirmation. If I order the physical FF XIV PS3 game from Amazon now for eight quid will I be able to upgrade this to the PS4 version with a minimum of fuss?

The details I can work out later but I need to know if I should go ahead and buy the PS3 version today. I had some issues with how this game ran during the beta but at eight quid I am more than happy to give the final release a go.

IMBored

I know this has probably been repeated a couple of times that I have read in this thread so far but I just wanted confirmation. If I order the physical FF XIV PS3 game from Amazon now for eight quid will I be able to upgrade this to the PS4 version with a minimum of fuss?

The details I can work out later but I need to know if I should go ahead and buy the PS3 version today. I had some issues with how this game ran during the beta but at eight quid I am more than happy to give the final release a go.

Yes, as long as you log in at least once on the PS3 with your copy.

Z3M0G

Just went to the PSN web store, I noticed that PS4 version of XIV is "Purchased". I didn't even do the PS3->PS4 upgrade yet.

Edit: Hit refresh and PS3 version says $24.99 (I purchased retail) and PS4 version now says "Free".

The store behaves weird sometimes.

Edit: After waiting without even refreshing, it changed to "Unavailable" and "Purchased" again...

I'm starting to think I'm NOT going to be able to re-buy the PS3 version off the store to add PS3 access back to my account, as planned... but everyone says it is confirmed to allow this.

Number45

I'm starting to think I'm NOT going to be able to re-buy the PS3 version off the store to add PS3 access back to my account, as planned... but everyone says it is confirmed to allow this.
I basically decided to pick the PS4 version up, just to be safe. As good an excuse as any to pick up the physical CE. ^_^

I'll probably not touch either the PC or PS3 versions after Friday, but whatever!

ahuffman

Banned
I wasn't planning on doing much of the endgame group content at first as I don't like playing with strangers, but now that I joined the GAF fc I am looking forward to it. It's definitely a lot more fun when playing with a good group, that's for sure. I just hope you are a patient bunch, as I have not played a MMO in so long and wasn't very good back then either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom