• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV Endwalker |OT|

Celcius

°Temp. member
Whew, I realized today that there was still time to do the Rising event before patch 6.5 so I went ahead and resubbed today and then got the mount. Then I went ahead and got the 10th anniversary framers kit and the next manderville relic weapon step as well. IMHO (at least for DRG) the current manderville step looks a lot better than the previous step. Can't wait to see what the final step will look like, although I do miss the usual relic grind instead of just buying them using some tomes that I already acquired doing other stuff.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Gonna wait until 6.55 in January to hop back on.
Whew, I realized today that there was still time to do the Rising event before patch 6.5 so I went ahead and resubbed today and then got the mount. Then I went ahead and got the 10th anniversary framers kit and the next manderville relic weapon step as well. IMHO (at least for DRG) the current manderville step looks a lot better than the previous step. Can't wait to see what the final step will look like, although I do miss the usual relic grind instead of just buying them using some tomes that I already acquired doing other stuff.

Yep thats been one of the biggest critiques of Endwalker. We gon have Eureka/Bozja equivalent in Dawntrail luckily. Something that actually makes it feel like a multiplayer game.

And that's a wrap for the 6.x story. People have been saying for a while now that it feels like a repurposed Trial series story and now that it's complete, I have to agree with that. It had its moments but some of it felt like we were just treading water.

Anyway, the final cutscene with Krile seems to hint at the Dawntrail caster job: Green Mage, because the three-leaf clover is often associated with that job in its handful of appearances. They'll probably reveal it proper at the EU FanFest later this month.

Last edited:

Faust

Perpetually Tired
Staff Member
Sadly I will have to wait to play it until December, given deadlines at the moment but I am excited!

Dataminers have tried to uncover the identity of the mysterious NPC at the end of the MSQ, but Yoshi-P and co were one step ahead lol

There is no top half for the model, so all we got are Female Hrothgar legs for now... but there's a good chance that this character is the same one that speaks at the end of the Dawntrail trailer, so we might see her in the trailer at EU FanFest

Last edited:

Celcius

°Temp. member
I really liked the 6.X stories. Everything was top tier imho. MSQ, 8 man raid story, 24 man raid story, etc...

Last edited:
New melee job is Darth Maul Viper, a Final Fantasy XIV Original™
firefox_2023-10-21_17-10-24.jpg

firefox_2023-10-21_17-15-07.jpg

Last edited:

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Looks like a Reaper hybrid. Not too hyped about this Witcher/AssCreed/Darth Maul hybrid. Lots of people were expecting Corsair. The demo alone just tells me the combat will be the same. Not a good sign.

Seems based off Dual Wield Onion Knight, Zidane Tribal and Gabranth.

They mentioned another Limited Job which I assume will be a poor man's Beastmaster. Given their terrible treatment of Blue Mage.

The FFXI collab I am excited for.

Green Mage I assume is being saved for the Tokyo fanfest in January.

And the Hrothgals are nowhere to be seen.

Valonquar

Fall Guys collab is some garishly ugly shit. Overall I find every collab they've done that wasn't already an SE property to feel so out of place it isn't funny.
Fall Guys gold saucer is some spaghetti netcode bullshit fuckery as well.

New variant dungeon is alright.

Fall Guys collab is some garishly ugly shit. Overall I find every collab they've done that wasn't already an SE property to feel so out of place it isn't funny.
Fall Guys gold saucer is some spaghetti netcode bullshit fuckery as well.

New variant dungeon is alright.
It's been hilarious seeing so many people on XIV Reddit and Twitter discovering how bad the netcode is in this game thanks to the Fall Guys event. It's literally like that "first time?" meme for us raiders who have been putting up with this damn game's netcode for years 😂

Valonquar

Island Sancuary capped at 20, casually grinding the seafarer's cowrie for another 200k to get remaining mounts.
Got all Triple Triad cards, down to 3 minions to get, 2 from Faux, 1 from newest treasure map RNG.
Finished all gathers\crafter Relic tools. Way too grindy this expansion to do them all and don't even get a title or anything for doing all of them this time. BAH.
Still have several battle class ones to get current on, but just letting those happen when the tomes naturally pile up.
Realized I can now 100% macro the Firmament grind for Pteranodon mount, so back to working on that. Have 3 crafters done already, but I know the REAL grind on these is the gatherer classes. Going to bounce between this and grinding out the last few Eureka relic weapons for glams.
If I get through all that before Dawntrail I guess I'll get back to grinding Frontlines for wins for those mounts. PvP seriously has way too many achievement mounts that take entirely too long though ugh.

New caster is Pictomancer!
GDM5gwZb0AAiG6h

I really love the visual effects for the spells. Definitely going to play around with this job at launch... but I'll probably still main Viper.

Edit: New limited job is Beastmaster! Sakaguchi got his wish.

Last edited:

Kumomeme

official full trailer is out

awesome trailer especially the Krile part with Amanda Achen? chorus singing. everything blended beautifully and colourfully. successfully invoked a fun, happening festive vibe.

Last edited:
The graphics update looks great, but there's still no word on DLSS/DLAA support... come on, YoshiP. FXAA just isn't going to cut it anymore.

As for Hrothgals, I'll play around with them in the benchmark but I doubt I'll be switching from female Viera.

Last edited:

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Will probably play Pictomancer. Information on the class seems to imply they are doubling down on the 2 minute burst meta by pretty much saying Pictos will have big CDs to press and have to wait to use them again. I think they showed like 4 attacks. Much like Vipers I think the lackluster combat is here to stay.

Female Ronso are underwhelming so far. Big body with small head. And look like they got decked by a semi truck.

Thighlanders still the best race as far as I am concerned.

Need more info on the DRG and AST reworks and maybe SMN since that's a new job every xpac.

The new locals are pretty but will be forgotten rather shortly.

Beastmaster as a limited job seems rather lame given the poor treatment of Blue Mage so I have low confidence any good will come of it.

Sub_Level

Reallllly hoping Gunbreaker gets a 4th cartridge slot. Just make it completely hectic to play; I wanna be pressing something every half second.

Celcius

°Temp. member
Got my dragoon final relic weapon:

YpZLJgG.jpg

3EgwAfB.jpg

It was also really cool
seeing the credits roll once you get to the end of the MSQ and the cool artwork as well. Felt really fulfilling. The new mount from the manderville quests was cool as well. Plus the chocobo barding that you get from Tataru. The Gilded Araya trial was fun too.

...and with that my friends, I'm ready for Dawntrail!

Valonquar

All patchy type things cleared out in a couple hours. Down to 4 more Eureka relics to have all those done. Eureka has been suprisingly profitable. I've gotten 2 Skoll drops, a Ceto drop, and a YingYang drop. Each one took a few hours to sell netting me somewhere around 10 million gil! I already had the upgrade to magia board for Pyros, but figure it isn't even worth bothering to upgrade further in Hydatos since I'll be done with these zones forever in a few days. I've killed Arthro & Cassie more times than I can count in the last couple weeks, but still no paydirt on those. Ring sells for 13ish mil, and earring sells for 20 million... Other than e-peen flex I can't see any reason to spend gil on these unless you have money to burn.

In the off chance any other GAF peeps are as insane as I am, now that the statue pre-orders are closed, You can pre-order it from a JP distributor here that will actually end up being cheaper than if you ordered it from the NA store: https://www.aitaikuji.com/series/fi...ity-square-enix-figurine-hydaelyn-and-zodiark

Also funny that the SE JP store still has it listed as pre-orderable, for 36000 yen , which is about $100 usd cheaper than it's listed on the SE NA store and that's before you even add in their crazy shipping fees. The JP store also lets you buy up to 10 of the item at once, so you know that's where all the scalping happens.

There's a few unused code Omega statues on Ebay right now over $5k which is just insane.

Last edited:

Sub_Level

Hopped back on the old crack co I mean FFXIV sub. Bought that Nanamo card at the Gold Saucer for 400k mgp had never realized how close I was to that before unsubbing haha. I’m actually halfway done towards the triple triad card mount so I think I’ll do that before Dawntrail as a substitute for the nonexistent Exploration Zone this time around. At a bare minimum I know I will have to level a crafter and/or gatherer, do Eureka, level Blue Mage, and do some Tribe Quests. Perfect stuff for unwinding after work! 6 months is plenty of time.

Celcius

°Temp. member
I ran Thaleia 10 times and the shoes I wanted haven't even appeared one time, let alone winning the roll.
ugh

Last edited:

Sub_Level

What skill speed is good for GNB? I’m at 2.43 I think.

I ran Thaleia 10 times and the shoes I wanted haven't even appeared one time, let alone winning the roll.
ugh

I’m farming Thordan Ex for the triple triad card which apparently has a 2% drop rate so I can relate. They really captured the essence of Knights of the Round really well with how long this takes.

Last edited:

Sub_Level

Triple Triad update: I am like 240 cards in. Some triple cards are locked behind Deep Dungeon progression. I understand that your Aetherpool saves every 10 floors. What I dont understand is, if I “reset progress” since I have already used up 2 save slots does it keep my aetherpool level? I would assume your aetherpool goes back goes back to +1 just like you start at level 1 and floor 1, but you can never be too sure with older ffxiv content lol.

Faust

Perpetually Tired
Staff Member
Triple Triad update: I am like 240 cards in. Some triple cards are locked behind Deep Dungeon progression. I understand that your Aetherpool saves every 10 floors. What I dont understand is, if I “reset progress” since I have already used up 2 save slots does it keep my aetherpool level? I would assume your aetherpool goes back goes back to +1 just like you start at level 1 and floor 1, but you can never be too sure with older ffxiv content lol.
Aehter level stays the same. It only drops when you "cash out" to get a glamor appearance, IIRC.

Sub_Level

First 50 floors of potd cleared solo. Glad I finally gave deep dungeon a try, its pretty fun!

edit: and did 30 floors of Heaven on High too. Super easy :0

Last edited:

Celcius

°Temp. member

I've kinda always wanted the FF15 car mount since it looks cool and it seats 4 people.
Looks like it's coming back soon and you can get it for 200k MGP.

I'm not subbed at the moment but I'm kinda half thinking about going for it.

The moogle treasure trove event is still going on and you can get MGP Platinum cards for 30 tomes, which people say are worth 50k MGP.
Seems like maybe I could grind this by just getting tomes and converting to the mgp platinum cards? I've never done the fashion week stuff or other stuff at the golden saucer so would prefer to avoid those if possible...

Faust

Perpetually Tired
Staff Member

I've kinda always wanted the FF15 car mount since it looks cool and it seats 4 people.
Looks like it's coming back soon and you can get it for 200k MGP.

I'm not subbed at the moment but I'm kinda half thinking about going for it.

The moogle treasure trove event is still going on and you can get MGP Platinum cards for 30 tomes, which people say are worth 50k MGP.
Seems like maybe I could grind this by just getting tomes and converting to the mgp platinum cards? I've never done the fashion week stuff or other stuff at the golden saucer so would prefer to avoid those if possible...
Fashion week is the easiest way to get large amounts of mpg each week. There is a guide posted every week that tells you the cheapest items to get for the 80 points.

Top Bottom