• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV free login campaign (runs from 14/3 to 13/4) (play free for 4 days)

Vashetti

Banned
Patch 3.2 has ushered in a multitude of new adventures in the realm of Eorzea. In the hope that would-be adventurers can experience all that FINAL FANTASY XIV has to offer, we are pleased to announce the upcoming Free Login Campaign! If you or any of your friends are currently taking a break from your adventures in Eorzea, you won't want to miss out on this limited-time event!

Free Login Campaign Overview

Users possessing a valid Square Enix account who meet the following conditions will be able to play FINAL FANTASY XIV free of charge during the Campaign:

Eligibility
  • Users who have previously purchased and registered FINAL FANTASY XIV.
  • All registered services accounts are set as inactive during the campaign period.
  • Registered service account must have been inactive for at least thirty days.
* Details of service accounts can be confirmed via the FINAL FANTASY XIV: Mog Station.

Campaign Schedule * Updated 3/14/2016
From Monday, March 14, 2016 at 12:00 a.m. to Wednesday, April 13, 2016 at 11:59 p.m. (PDT)

Free Login Period
Four days including the day on which users first log in. This period ends on the fourth day at 11:59 p.m. (local time)
* Please note that a subscription to FFXIV is required to continue playing after the event period.

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/9f5c65ca108e5ad09054ac687429fa229c7324dd

Seijuro

Well maybe I can use this to finish the Heavensward 3.0 campaign now without getting distracted by leveling dark knight and machinist.

I really like these free days for lapsed players that they offer from time to time. Choosing your own window to use these 96 hours is even better.

I always look forward to these... never really subscribe but I make an event out of almost every free login weekend (or period, I guess, since they now let you choose when in the month to use your time). My Dragoon has slowly been going from about 42 to 47 purely on soloing quests during the free periods since ps3 release. I'll make it to 50 one day!

wingedkraby

Neo Member
I might actually take some time to binge heavensword with this one. Stopped my sub once school started back up, but this might be a nice reward for finishing this paper.

Squishy3

For people jumping back in that are at level 60:

Esoterics now drop like candy, Void Ark loot restriction is removed and you can get an unlimited amount of the farthings from it which you trade to a NPC to upgrade the Esoteric armor from 200-210. Additionally, it has a new weekly drop you can trade to a goblin in Idyllshire for a Grade V materia. (The new Lore tomestone gear as well as the new raid gear can now have materia affixed to them.) Additionally, any beast tribe quests from the base game that you can accept the third set of quests from (the ones that give 10 reputation) will give out a random selection of Grade IV materia that you can choose one from.

The Vath beast tribe has been added, and you can find the quest giver at Loth Ast Vath in the Dravanian Forelands. (x24y20)

Story is continued at the House Fortemps Manor in Ishgard. (Teleport to the Last Vigil via an aethernet shard.)

Lost City of Amdapor HM unlock quest is located at the Conjurer's Guild in Gridania.

The quest to unlock the new trial is located at Revenant's Toll inside the Rising Stones. (Need to have completed the quest Gods of Eld, this is NOT the quest that requires you to defeat Bismarck and Ravana Extreme, just the quest you do to unlock them.)

Addtionally, the Easter event starts tomorrow.

The highest item level you need is 200 (this is for the new raid, which drops i220) but the two new dungeons are 180 and drop i195 gear, and the new trial is i190, but drops nothing, while the extreme version drops 220 weapons.

I think that about covers it? If I mised anything I'm sure other people will chime in.

Ploid 3.0

For a long time I've regulated to only playing FFXIV on free login times. It's been a while since their last one, or I may have missed it. I will probably try it again, who knows, maybe it will stick with me this time. I may wait for easter as well, I don't feel like playing it right now, I just can't pass up a free trial.

khaaan

I'm pretty sure I haven't even finished 2.1 -_-

After finishing the initial main story, I got all my crafting up to 25 and started wondering what I was doing with my life.

Parfait

I stopped playing back in early December, so I lost my house mid Jan.

I was totally fine with that, but I didn't truly expect, (and didn't see in the patch notes) that the items and gil I'd get back would be on a timer as well. So all of that is gone, too.

I feel scammed as fuck, even if it is my fault for not totally reading everything. 8m gil and a good two months of slaving over crystals down the drain, for no real fathomable reason. I really wish I resubbed, even if i didn't care about any of the content back then.

Oh well, time to get papaya song for... whatever new house I ever get if they bring it down from the new york rent prices anytime in the next year.

Daouzin

I'm pretty sure I haven't even finished 2.1 -_-

After finishing the initial main story, I got all my crafting up to 25 and started wondering what I was doing with my life.

This is basically my problem with all MMOs, but for someone reason i don't mine play Smash or SFV for hours with friends.

I loved XIV, but I'm afraid to jump back into it as tempting as this is.

Top Bottom