• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV Information Thread | PC Open Beta... yeah it's not really open.

DrDogg

Salaadin said:
Im in NA and mine isnt working. Maybe after the account site maintenance on the 21st.

Same here, not working.

Although I thought for sure I did everything I needed to do way back in March. I held onto to the promo code just in case, but... yeah.

hgplayer1 said:
I just checked my order status at Amazon and apparently when I pre-ordered I didnt select release date delivery. I tried to change it via my current order and the option wasnt there.

I went ahead and started another pre-order to see if the release date delivery option was there and it wasnt. Does anyone else have an order at Amazon and have it set up for release date delivery?

Looks like I would have to choose 1 day delivery to get it by the 24th. I was hoping to get it earlier in the week to get everything set up for the weekend so I could get plenty of play time in, assuming the servers and everything werent going bonkers.

Anyone know of a good place to pre-order and get it earlier?

I hate to say but B&M is probably the way to go. I had release day delivery locked in on mine since it was announced, and it's still selected.

Jinko

Cathcart said:
Already uninstalled the beta so I'm wondering if someone knows the answer to this or wouldn't mind testing it out.

Say I have a retainer selling things in Market Ward A. If I later call that retainer to the inn to swap out some gear will they still be selling in Ward A or do I have to go back out there and place them again?

Think you have to place them again.

......they not really going to rename Chocobos to horsebirds for the Japanese version are they? if they are then I dont know the the fuck SE is anymore

Jinko

I really hope they plan to flesh the guildleve system out a lot, there is a lot of room for event stuff through guildleves, what with Halloween next month I wonder if they have anything planned.

What's the point of telling us to register all our shit early if they aren't gonna make the registration for these codes active until the day before service begins?

Teknoman

Jinko said:
I really hope they plan to flesh the guildleve system out a lot, there is a lot of room for event stuff through guildleves, what with Halloween next month I wonder if they have anything planned.

As long as its something useful.

DrDogg

I'm not even sure who will be selling the game on Tuesday. I can't even find a place to buy it at midnight on Tuesday.

At least I'll be getting three in-game items though (FFXI, FFXIII and CE)! :D

jiggle

so if i'm reading that thing from SE correctly
we will need to register the FFXIII code again
but this time in the "service and account" section
meaning 1 code would have been used to register on 3 dif parts of the same company's website :lol :lol :lol

with that said
that would mean the FFXIII code i registered on a dif SE account
can now get me the asuran armbands on this SE account
YES YES YES!!!!!1

DrDogg

jiggle said:
so if i'm reading that thing from SE correctly
we will need to register the FFXIII code again
but this time in the "service and account" section
meaning 1 code would have been used to register on 3 dif parts of the same company's website :lol :lol :lol

with that said
that would mean the FFXIII code i registered on a dif SE account
can now get me the asuran armbands on this SE account
YES YES YES!!!!!1

You're assuming the code actually starts to work. Right now it's not, contrary to what SE said. I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't work until the 9/30 release... :lol

hgplayer1

pancakesandsex said:
I hate to say but B&M is probably the way to go. I had release day delivery locked in on mine since it was announced, and it's still selected.

I might try Gamestop. Their website says you can order by 11 am on the 21st and get it the 22nd.

Guess I'll wait until Sunday and see what's up with my Amazon order before changing it.

I find it hard to get too worried about it since I don't have too much faith in the servers holding up.

Kyoufu said:
If its up at 1am GMT then its 7pm central...

yeah, I'm still jealous.
Yeah, except us NA folks won't actually be able to play the game until at least 12 hours after that, due to the release date being the next day, and FFXIV not being a game that stores here would be open at midnight for (and 24-hour stores like WalMart wouldn't have the CE). So really, it's people on the other side of the GMT equation that will be able to play it first.

hgplayer1 said:
I went ahead and started another pre-order to see if the release date delivery option was there and it wasnt. Does anyone else have an order at Amazon and have it set up for release date delivery?
Just to chime in, my Amazon order says "Shipping Speed: Release-Date Delivery" and "Delivery Estimate: September 22, 2010". But I made that order back in June.

Jinko

hgplayer1 said:
I find it hard to get too worried about it since I don't have too much faith in the servers holding up.

Launch will go much smoother than the open beta, I don't expect huge numbers getting the CE either.

That being said I'm sure we will still see plenty of problems.

Top Bottom