• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT| ARR: Alpha Closed. Beta mid-Feb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Allard

LOL normally they aren't, I think he might be getting in a bit of trouble for leaking that, especially if SE can't meet the deadline lol.

Yeah GM's aren't usually supposed to give away internal stuff like that as rep comments alone are often processed with a fine tooth comb with approval from head of marketing or head of developers. The reps even said as much fairly recently.

Riposte

FYI, my subscription ran out. I'll probably re-up in June~. Until then I plan to lurk no different from when I was playing. Actually I might re-up the next time there is a holiday event with achievements if that occurs before June.

Allard

FYI, my subscription ran out. I'll probably re-up in June~. Until then I plan to lurk no different from when I was playing. Actually I might re-up the next time there is a holiday event with achievements if that occurs before June.

Probably one starting in two weeks. Golden Week is bound to have an event.

hteng

Banned
need help with the darkhold to do the "into the dark" quest and get my AF.

edit: woah.. read the quests.. sounds like it's pretty complicated.

Jinko

New producer letter:- http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/43218

The campaign recognizes those players who subscribe to FFXIV for 90 or more cumulative days during the period between January 6, 2012, and the commencement of version 2.0 beta testing. I believe many of you out there have already fulfilled this requirement. Those who qualify for the campaign and become Legacy members will:

Be able to play FFXIV from version 2.0 at the discounted Legacy price, forever.
Receive an exclusive chocobo mount upon the launch of version 2.0.
Earn a place in the credits for version 2.0.

New payment methods.

Entry Plan – $12.99 USD/£7.69/10.99 €: One character per World
Standard Plan – $14.99 USD/£8.99/12.99 €: Eight characters per World

:O

Hmmm, letter started off well and then went down the crapper..

AF weapons and 2 hamlet defense being postponed.. :(

Pic of dalamud below
img001.png

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Is there a legit, no-pvp way to download the game if I bought it? Don't have access to my DVDs...

Allard

And for 10$ instead of 15$ for legacy members. :p

I'm certainly not complaining, glad I decided to activate my second account a couple weeks ago, hopefully it too can get legacy status and then I can have 2 completely separate accounts for $20 a month :D. I can finally get one of my friends into the game with minimal issues especially since I can make 8 characters per account PER world, which means I can use that account to dual box and I won't mess up his characters :O.

Nah there is still time, the best way would be to subscibe for 90 days, 2.0 isn't until september.

It really depends on their definition of 2.0 "Beta". If the initial client release in September is the beta with an official client release in January(ish) when the PS3 version gets released then yes we still have time. But what if they announce an actual "Beta" of 2.0 client at E3 and it goes live in July?

So 2.0 beta testing is already underway?

And between Diablo 3 and Tera, I have a busy weekend it seems.

EDIT: also what is up with the 15 gig instal for diablo 3 beta and the 25 gig for Tera's beta? Are game sizes going to grow that large on average now?

I just hope they manage to make sure most of those gilseller accounts don't get the legacy benefit, lol. Subsidizing gillsellers would be embarassing

I never really got into this the first time, but reading about the class stuff makes me want to give it a third shot. What is there in the way of solo content now? Group content? Is there a GAF guild somewhere (that actually has people in it)?

Allard

I never really got into this the first time, but reading about the class stuff makes me want to give it a third shot. What is there in the way of solo content now? Group content? Is there a GAF guild somewhere (that actually has people in it)?

There has been plenty of added group content thanks to last patch, and with the changes to existing solo content, its now possible, (easily I might add) to solo on just leves for about any class. Leves are now 4 every 12 hours and can 'stack' (Once you go to the leve counter for the first time post patch 1.19) up to 99. So if you go away for week suddenly you have like 70 leves you can use and the leve counter 'refreshes' every time you finish a single leve on top of every 12 hours when the next leves are issued. I actually have trouble using all the leves I currently have, and I play nearly every day these days.

Basically for Solo stuff this is what you have:
*Almost all the leves (except high tiered faction) can be soloed and basically designed for solo now.
*Behest can be soloed which is basically a free battle leve every 30 minutes at specific camps.
*Lots of little one time quest which give items/gil on top of experience, more open up as you get more levels.
*The Main scenario is still a mostly solo affair, as are the class quests (These were all in when the game launched).

Group Content
*Job Quests (If you do them at the recommended level that is, its possible to solo everything up to the lvl 45 quests as a lvl 50).
*3 Timed Dungeon Raids at lvl 45+
*1 timed Instanced dungeon at lvl 25 and 1 non-instanced dungeon at lvl 15
*2 Primal (Summon) battles at lvl 45 with a third to come next week.

On top of this there are Umbral Era "Events" that happen periodically which act like drop in public quests although they aren't terribly impressive yet (The one right now has you fighting a barrage of imperial troops culminating with you fighting a 'boss' at the end which is easily taken care of in a smallish group). We are also getting the first stage of Hamlet defense next week as well which has solo and group components to it. There is also Company's which has exchangeable items, special company leves and quests and its also the only place at the moment to get your own chocobo mount. Most of the company stuff can be soloed but some of the quests require you to go into beastmen strongholds which need around 2-3 characters just get through the gates much less in the inner parts of the place.

As for a Gaf Guild most seem to be on Sargatanas, in a shell called Red Dot but I can't comment on how often people are on. I'm on Aegis server and my shell is very active :) Constantly 25-30 people on at a time, and I have a separate friends shell which has 9-12 people on at any time. Unfortunately due to the fact our main shell is basically filled up we can't invite new members till we either do our next 'refresh' cycle or the kick function is fixed lol.

Allard

I thought I should mention this is a huge understatement :D

Hey the most recent one is better then the last one :p, having said that it does appear to be ramping up recently. Just yesterday when I was in Limsa I got WEATHER, it freaked me out. It was blustery in Limsa complete with leaves going everywhere and crap. I thought it was a glitch but it just worked so perfectly (Wind went away when you went into building and then showed up when you got outside) that it made me think it was intentional. Much like how back nearly a year ago we got the strange weather 'live' event where when it started raining in Thanalan the music would cut out and it ended with it raining in every conceivable outdoor area at the same time.

Ravidrath

Wow, the Legacy Campaign is pretty awesome.

I'm also glad to see them finally create a character payment plan that is more like other games'. I don't know why people want multiple characters, but I'm glad they're going to stop actively punishing this.

Allard

Wow, the Legacy Campaign is pretty awesome.

I'm also glad to see them finally create a character payment plan that is more like other games'. I don't know why people want multiple characters, but I'm glad they're going to stop actively punishing this.

I have 4 characters including one on a separate account >.>; (1 for my main, 1 for an alt, another for my FFXI name before my server merge (Got Gilgamesh as my last name!) but two of those aren't active at the moment) and on my second account I dual box another alt. I just reactivated that account recently so I can use it to constantly plow through Toto-rak for infinite company seals :D. I can get like 1.2k or more company seals in less then hour doing that.

Teknoman

Be able to play FFXIV from version 2.0 at the discounted Legacy price, forever.
Receive an exclusive chocobo mount upon the launch of version 2.0.

Earn a place in the credits for version 2.0.

Oh snap. I wonder how the exclusive chocobo will look?

EDIT:

img002.png

Yoshida special design o_o

Also finally the great guitar theme is in use. Second track sounds like something from God Eater or Xenoblade, the rest sound great, but I have no idea whats with the strange silent hill/siren radio transmissions. Also one sounded like Popeye.

Allard

Man, I thought they said we'd be getting some 2.0 information. Disappointing!

I misunderstood what Yoshida was saying that came out earlier this week in conjunction with what was said by Yoshida last week (And highlighted in the producer letter). He said in a thread/post dedicated to further 2.0 information that a promotion would 'begin' at the end of this month. And then earlier this week a rep said that the next producer letter would be about a new campaign announcement. It seems the campaign/promotional info was for legacy and welcome back campaign and was the first step in getting the 'promotional' work started in lead up to 2.0 (You know, getting people to come back and play FFXIV or get interested in playing it). Furthermore he talks about releasing new info in stages "After" E3 so I'm getting a feeling I jumped the gun and we won't get any big new info on 2.0 till E3.

The stuff I talked about is here.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/38201?p=638928#post638928

From Yoshida, and the other one is a translation of a Japanese Rep and hasn't been translated in other languages yet.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/...JP-to-English)?p=649116&viewfull=1#post649116

For 3rd players poll results, just like 1st and 2nd we are planning to show the results along with Yoshida Producers comment in producer letter.

However next producer letter is planned to be about campaign as Yoshida P stated in this post, so it will the letter after that but we didn't forget about it so please look forward to it

As you can see the two are one in the same, I just jumped the gun because he posted that info in a thread/post originally dedicated to finding out more new info on 2.0 -.-.

Edit: Also a rep clarified a bit on the 90 days thing. For those that jump in and out with patch updates you should still be able to get Legacy status

Just going to pop in quickly to clarify Legacy member qualification for those that are unsure:

Paying for at least 90 days at any time between January 6, 2012 and the start of 2.0 beta testing is how you qualify to become a Legacy member. You do not need to pay for 90 days in a row to qualify.

Hope that clears that up!

You just need to pay for 3 months worth, so a simple 90 day package or even just jumping on during patch days should cover you.

Darryl

Banned
they're just showering us with exclusive mounts, i like it. the concept art for the chocobo looks great, i wonder how it'll look in practice.

also the $9.99 for life deal is slick

Jinko

I would have preferred a coloured chocobo, red or blue or something, but it looks ok, although a bit too similar for my liking.

Riposte

So about that thread idea I had... even Yoshi P wants us to do it!

For FFXIV there is no reason not to have a bunch of linkpearls if you feel like the NeoGAF one isn't doing it alone.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
1 crysta = $1 I think

You can pay with direct credit card payment now, unless you have crysta you need to use.
I'm in Japan now and I thought it'll be possible to add crysta bought in a local store to my account, but I've totally forgot about account regions etc.
Yeah, I'll have to pay using my CC anyway, so I'll just go direct.

Riposte

1 crysta = $1 I think

Almost certain that's wrong lol. I think I have something like a thousand crysta on my account and I certainly didn't spend 1 thousand dollars lol.

Anyway, I am going to make that thread with it being focused towards players who can take advantage of the Welcome Back campaign which should be interesting to anyone who wants to play a game for free (assuming they have an inactive account). I'll take my time with it, unless someone else wants to make it. Tips would be nice as well.

Does anyone know if they will be able to make new characters? Should usher them into our server.

Hex

Banned
Ok, I have a 30 day buddy code and have the option to install it off of the disk but is there a client download which might work better?
(The on disc client is like pre-launch and seems like updates are forever)

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
SE doesn't seem to want my money. Tried to register a payment option - a CC yesterday and all I've got was an error 601. It was the same card I used with click and buy and had no problems with it. Googled around a bit and came up with a workaround including disabling NoScript/Adblock but I don't even have the former and disabling the latter didn't help.
Sent a ticket to the support but I guess I'll have to wait for the Monday payment system maintenance which will hopefully resolve the issue.

Fox the Sly

SE doesn't seem to want my money. Tried to register a payment option - a CC yesterday and all I've got was an error 601. It was the same card I used with click and buy and had no problems with it. Googled around a bit and came up with a workaround including disabling NoScript/Adblock but I don't even have the former and disabling the latter didn't help.
Sent a ticket to the support but I guess I'll have to wait for the Monday payment system maintenance which will hopefully resolve the issue.

I got the same thing, tried disabling noscript/adblock and nothing. Then I tried IE9 and it worked fine. Try that.

Took less than an hour for me to stop playing tera and uninstall it but Diablo 3 is awesome. They added stuff but the overall feel is so retro it works. Yea FFXIV is better looking and a bit more interesting than tera.

Ravidrath

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom