• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood |OT| Y'all Need to Calm Down

Meccs

Bought my first Fantasia. Pretty happy.

wwPjVXk.png

Omni

Couldn't get the 4s clear earlier. Too many D/Cs and hitting enrage at 4% or so. I'm kinda upset. Will definitely get it this week though maybe

Also it might be a bit early to say buuuut I think a11s was harder than Neo. 12s too if I'm being completely honest. I guess that's not a bad thing? Hmmmm

Sad and certainty disgusting that this is the first place where most people's thoughts go regarding Lalafell. The "creep" here lies with you, not them.

Your perceptions of Lalafell's don't match reality.
You do realize you're defending the ability to dress child-like humanoids in scantily clad outfits, correct?

Nothing wrong with the race per se - it's when the player is doing questionable stuff with their looks that I (and some others) raise my eyebrow.

IvorB

You do realize you're defending the ability to dress child-like humanoids in scantily clad outfits, correct?

Nothing wrong with the race per se - it's when the player is doing questionable stuff with their looks that I (and some others) raise my eyebrow.

But lalas are not children are they? They have a human being-like life cycle so they would be adults I've assumed. Which would mean they can dress how they like.

Which makes me think that I have never seen a child lala, they must be really tiny...

But lalas are not children are they? They have a human being-like life cycle so they would be adults I've assumed. Which would mean they can dress how they like.

Which makes me think that I have never seen a child lala, they must be really tiny...
I think Tataru is probably the youngest Lala in the game so far, and she dresses very modestly. Speaking of which, I can't think of a single NPC Lala that doesn't dress modestly.

But regardless, my original comment was a mere joke at the expense of someone GAF universally despises. I wasn't expecting someone to get offended lol

Village

Is anyone? It would be difficult to be a fan of somebody so forgettable.

Yeah I feel you , she's very much this sally acorn " this character is important because we say she's important" and no one actually cared... or liked the character. Good thing unlike sally acorn, they went the pheonix/jean grey route o
f just killing her off
for every ( or long periods of time in jean grey's case ) before the characters entire existance became toxic and resentful among fans and gave her good out instead of dragging her around for longer than anyone would have cared for . The only thing I remember her for is looking like an extra ff10 character wondered into 14

All that said, at least she isn't thancred, thancred's the worst

Luminaire

Hit enrage at v3s last night at 1%. Check the parser and the Ast only did 52 dps. Any contribution and we probably would have cleared.
Ouch. And I thought my dps was low on our first clear (560 or something, was focused on keeping everyone alive and doing mechs right.) There are so many spots to safely dps. Though I don't understand how there are 1400 dps ASTs and 1600 SCHs.

They aren't, but that isn't really the point. They look like small children and simply defending it based on lore reasons isn't much better than the whole "she's actually a 3000 year old dragon so it's ok!" Defense people use for their Lolitas in anime.

The lalas are scum thing is a joke, nothing wrong with playing them. But it makes me cringe when people put them in revealing outfits.

Ouch. And I thought my dps was low on our first clear (560 or something, was focused on keeping everyone alive and doing mechs right.) There are so many spots to safely dps. Though I don't understand how there are 1400 dps ASTs and 1600 SCHs.
It's not that hard if the shield game is on point. 80% of the raid damage in this fight you can just put a regen up and you're good to go provided it was mitigated properly.

Isaccard

You do realize you're projecting, correct?

Astral

Yeah I feel you , she's very much this sally acorn " this character is important because we say she's important" and no one actually cared... or liked the character. Good thing unlike sally acorn, they went the pheonix/jean grey route of just killing her off for every ( or long periods of time in jean grey before the characters entire existance became toxic and resentful among fans and gave her good out instead of dragging her around for longer than anyone would have cared for . The only thing I remember her for is looking like an extra ff10 character wondered into 14

All that said, at least she isn't thancred, thancred's the worst

Wait
she dies
?

I went through our wipe logs last night after we called it a night. The Ast went a full 6 minutes without casting a dps spell, and only did Malefic and Combust once each. I have no idea how to approach this situation with my static leader.

iammeiam

Our RDM wants to step down so we trailed a new guy last night. It was mostly enrage city (he'd never been past halfway into vanilla Exdeath and so had to be taught Neo from scratch; I'm mostly taking it as a good sign we could still get to enrage with an inexperienced guy), but he also only had 33k HP after food and party buffs which is definitely nowhere near enough. He kept dying by less than 1.5k HP. Vit Melds Save Lives, kids.

Resets this week should be interesting, though. The impact of weapons on both fights is going to be pretty huge. Should make messier clears possible, at least, and make Regular Exdeath much less of a hurdle.

Hit enrage at v3s last night at 1%. Check the parser and the Ast only did 52 dps. Any contribution and we probably would have cleared.

Sounds like Earthly Star damage only, although it does at least sound like they're leaving stars long enough for Explosion instead of just Burst; if they're still too scared to DPS in general encouraging focusing on getting Combust up more frequently might not be the worst thing? There are a lot of movement sections in the fight where you cannot plant and heal , and Combust is an instant-cast so tossing it out there when they know they've lost a heal GCD can be good entry damage.

Weapon week should be helpful here, too, at least.

MogCakes

Lalas are chibi people. They aren't treated like kids at any point in the game and you would only see scantily clad lalas as player characters who almost certainly are doing it for memes or otherwise non-serious intentions. Lalas have no sexy curves whatsoever, they are potatoes, figuratively. It is understood by the game and players that player controlled lalas are adults. You will see people with names like Daddy's Girl and other cringey names but again, those are very likely joke names and not serious attempts at illiciting sexual attraction. Not that anyone who isn't a pedophile should be thinking anywhere near that line of thought anyway. It is possible to look at potatoes wearing otherwise sexy garments and find it funny/adorable without some nefarious sexual intention.

Unless you're on Balmung.

Village

Thancred is saved from being the worst due to the fact that he's sometimes useful.

... You know what, that's fair.

But can we replace him, can he go off and be drunk and terrible someplace else, and he be replaced with a rabbit man introduced with the fran race in the next expansion. And none of the other scions acknowledge he left

Croc

Banned
man Heavensward is immediately such an improvement over ARR. Really getting into the game now. I'm loving everything about Astrologian.

B.K.

They aren't treated like kids at any point in the game and you would only see scantily clad lalas as player characters who almost certainly are doing it for memes or otherwise non-serious intentions.

What about Nanamo? Raubahn is always carrying her around and lifting her up like she's a child.

I'll admit that a lot of my distaste for scantily-clad potatoes comes from playing TERA and (irrationally) associating said potatoes with Elin, the actual worst MMO race ever conceived.

iammeiam

Elin were awful. Even more awful were the people at TERA launch basically insisting it was okay because lolicon is a valid form of artistic expression.

savage creation weapon day, wooooooooooooooooooo

Super curious to see if Tank LB on Grand Cross Omega becomes a thing post-weapons. I've seen it mentioned a couple of places as something you can try if your DPS is better than your mechanics, and with weapons I could totally see it becoming the equivalent of LB Second Intermission in A8S.

It's amazing how quickly everyone went to doing Xeno Strat on everything else.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
I do really like how lalas in this game are not sexualized at all. They're pretty much potatoes.

I hated how the Elin looked in TERA, and their equivalent small-person race in some other MMOs. It just looks wrong.

I was hoping to PF an O2S clear last night but a few people didn't know what they were doing, and one healer kept disconnecting. Welp.

Thorgal

i am neutral on race seeing as i have been every race in existence ( except roe which will still eventually happen )

ffxiv_12062016_015115nryx8.jpg

ffxiv_15022016_232516v5xr2.jpg

also for Au ra face 2 lovers :
ffxiv_23122016_202946b0yrz.jpg

or face 4 :

ffxiv_27052017_011832pqydn.jpg

i will refrain from posting more (unless asked ) but while looking i also found the abomination that was my first character i made when i started this game :

ffxiv_03012016_160625pwauw.png

and finally what i looks like today :

ffxiv_20072017_20442579z9c.jpg

scy

I went through our wipe logs last night after we called it a night. The Ast went a full 6 minutes without casting a dps spell, and only did Malefic and Combust once each. I have no idea how to approach this situation with my static leader.

Oof. On one hand, I do get the like apprehension people have towards DPSing a bunch but I just default to "I should always be casting; if I'm not casting DPS things, I'm casting or prepping for a damage roll window in <1s" as my train of thought. Like, interrupting a DPS cast to heal is just a mental note of "This is a spot I needed to heal; was it mechanics / timed, maintenance damage, or failing?" rather than a thing I'm specifically afraid of running into.

I guess it largely depends on the tanks, perhaps. I view a lot of the deaths during prog as learning milestones for both sides in terms of preparations / reactions.

Resets this week should be interesting, though. The impact of weapons on both fights is going to be pretty huge. Should make messier clears possible, at least, and make Regular Exdeath much less of a hurdle.

I am kind of sad the 7-man Exdeath pull didn't work out :(

savage creation weapon day, wooooooooooooooooooo

I eagerly await to see how goofy things end up with just some bonus i340 weapons. Mechanics aside, it'll be a send off to Exdeath's Faust status I guess. After seeing the hilarity of a JP 4x i345 weapon DPS run being on pace for a pre-soft enrage kill entirely, I'm expecting things to go absolutely silly starting this week for everyone, repeat clears or even first time ones.

Squishy3

I eagerly await to see how goofy things end up with just some bonus i340 weapons. Mechanics aside, it'll be a send off to Exdeath's Faust status I guess. After seeing the hilarity of a JP 4x i345 weapon DPS run being on pace for a pre-soft enrage kill entirely, I'm expecting things to go absolutely silly starting this week for everyone, repeat clears or even first time ones.
Yeah, my group hasn't even set foot into O3S yet so it should be pretty silly going in there with Creator weapons/more 340 gear.

Progress is a little slow for us since we had someone leave before we entered Savage and we only ended up having time to just do O1S and nobody wanted to do an extra day to clear O2S before reset, then a bad day for some members last week so we ended up cutting the day we'd probably have cleared O2S short and spent the last night of the week on O2S instead of O3S. Still pretty much completely blind on O3S, so this'll be fun.

Top Bottom