• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood |OT| Y'all Need to Calm Down

yaffi

People are playing this? Haven't been able to even get into the game for three days. You've got until next month, S-E! Then I'm unsubbing, lol. This is my big summer game, too.

Shiva server, EU by the way.

How are you not able to play?

I'm on Shiva myself and was able to get through all the bottlenecks (as did everyone else in my FC) by saturday morning. And there hasn't been a single issue since.

The queues aren't bad either.

iammeiam

PVP MCH is actually pretty fun. It feels super streamlined, but it's easy to wreck dudes and I'm enjoying that the LB has the built-in infirmity. Also the 2.18s GCD in PVP makes up for a lot of missing buttons.

speaking of WHM, do you know if we've gotten any answer as to how plenary indulgence works yet?

The bad way; it only heals targets with confession stacks, stacks time out after 30s, only procs on cure/cure 2, need 3 stacks for 400 potency.

In practice it's basically an RNG shot at another tetra? Maybe in content when both tanks are getting hit at the same time and you're cure 2 bombing both, it'd be an RNG 2x tetra.

But since the procs are RNG you have no way to guarantee 3x stacks on the tank so you can't plan for its use unless/until you get the last stack proc. Since you can go 30s, get nothing, and lose all stacks.

Arc07

I bought the digital CE a while back and registered my early access code. On the Mogstation page it shows this.

9Zpwnk4.png

The only code I see on the SE site is the one for the early access. Where do you get the code for Stormblood?

RPGCrazied

I bought the digital CE a while back and registered my early access code. On the Mogstation page it shows this.

9Zpwnk4.png

The only code I see on the SE site is the one for the early access. Where do you get the code for Stormblood?

In the box, comes out tomorrow officially.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
The bad way; it only heals targets with confession stacks, stacks time out after 30s, only procs on cure/cure 2, need 3 stacks for 400 potency.

In practice it's basically an RNG shot at another tetra? Maybe in content when both tanks are getting hit at the same time and you're cure 2 bombing both, it'd be an RNG 2x tetra.

But since the procs are RNG you have no way to guarantee 3x stacks on the tank so you can't plan for its use unless/until you get the last stack proc. Since you can go 30s, get nothing, and lose all stacks.
Yep, that's going to need some tweakin'. Thanks for the answer.

Foxxsoxx

speaking of PVP I'm really glad they made it viable to level with (okay it's incredibly amazing XP), I just hope they don't nerf it.

It's actually much more entertaining than POTD plus it'd be really nice too quickly level up other jobs.

Also Sam is really fun, I think I'll main it for a while instead of bard.

Got to the first dungeon but I gotta go to work... Not looking forward to that queue...

Soroc

9Zpwnk4.png

I've been sitting in square enix webchat support for most of the day waiting in the large ass queue to get this answered for sure. But I have the same issue, check my post history and the responses to my posts from other posters, if you tried all that and still have the issue you may need support intervention as well. I'll post when I have an update (if I can get through the chat support before they close for the day!) Currently 171 in queue with 137 minute wait still.

Kiyo

They probably aren't sending all the keys out until tomorrow. You guys have until Friday to get a key registered so should be okay.

Rua

"Xaela" has never been spoken in voiced dialogue before Stormblood right?

Just found out I've been saying it wrong this whole time, damn.

It's Ghido, man!

I feel like people who don't know who he is don't deserve to have him.

I've lost the roll 4 times. :( Damn it.

I got him my first time through the Duty.

I'm hoping when I get home I won't have any issues doing the MSQ for
Yugiri thinking it's such a great idea to attack Zenos. Or me, for that matter, since he whipped my ass. I mean, what makes this a good idea? AND he has a new sword from the Kojin vault?

Alo0oy

Banned
WTF, my PS4 overheated on me, and when I turn it back on a few hours later, the game is trying to download 22Gigs Am I missing something?

LtOrange

I am so overwhelmed after coming back from a pretty big break. I am really struggling with the jump from 50 to 60 with Black Mage. I just keeping staring at my hot bars and logging off. Is there an easier dmg class to play?

Baliis

I am so overwhelmed after coming back from a pretty big break. I am really struggling with the jump from 50 to 60 with Black Mage. I just keeping staring at my hot bars and logging off. Is there an easier dmg class to play?

What's overwhelming you, the number of buttons or just not remembering how stuff works? Could try doing some Palace of the Dead runs? You'll start at level 1 and can ease yourself back into the skills? Good way to try out other classes a bit too since you can play them all the way from 1 to 60 relatively quickly

Luigi87

Getting near the end of Heavensward, and soon enough onto 3.X, but I just gotta say

The scene where the goblins place the bomb, and the cut to Alphinaud and Y'shtola running away, and then Matoya confusing Alphinaud with Alisaie just killed me.

HowZatOZ

Banned
I haven't played this game in so, so long. How has combat changed? When I was playing ARR it was pretty early on and felt so incredibly slow with combat I had to quit, I was considerably bored. Global cooldowns felt so much slower than other MMOs.

Has much changed? Is it worth jumping in alongside this new expansion but starting fresh? How long does it take to get to let level 50?

Luminaire

I haven't played this game in so, so long. How has combat changed? When I was playing ARR it was pretty early on and felt so incredibly slow with combat I had to quit, I was considerably bored. Global cooldowns felt so much slower than other MMOs.

Has much changed? Is it worth jumping in alongside this new expansion but starting fresh? How long does it take to get to let level 50?

Depends on what level you got to. Leveling is slow as you don't have all your abilities. At cap, you've many things to use between your GCD so you're always doing something.

Jinko

Tbh low level content is very boring, combat hasn't changed a great deal, but encounters do get more interesting later on, it's weather you can stick it out that long.

9Zpwnk4.png

Probably won't show until tomorrow, you know, when the game is officially released.

Soroc

You're not getting in. Last week I was 70th with an "80 minute wait". It took six hours.

Yeah I don't think so either. I did get an email from my first support ticket that indicated the items aren't available until tomorrow. Not sure if they thought I was talking about preorder items or the actual collectors edition but I guess its best to just wait till tomorrow before engaging support... Man their support is soooo bad. Busy signal for the customer server line, email took 5 hours for a response (never even got a confirmation email that my ticket was submitted) and chat support has longer queues then their available support hours in a day....

aka_bueno

Wait is there another code to use for adding Stormblood to our account?

I bought it from the official store digitally and the only code I got was for Early Access?

I don't know if this is the right thread to ask in, but I have a question about re-activating a 1.0 account.

I quit playing right before ARR came out. I checked my SE account and see no history of account subscriptions except for basic account service way back in 2012. I do not have FF 14 ARR purchased.

Is there any way for me to get my old character back, or is it toast? I didn't want to buy the game again until I figured out if I could get my old character back.

Thanks for any answers!

I don't know if this is the right thread to ask in, but I have a question about re-activating a 1.0 account.

I quit playing right before ARR came out. I checked my SE account and see no history of account subscriptions except for basic account service way back in 2012. I do not have FF 14 ARR purchased.

Is there any way for me to get my old character back, or is it toast? I didn't want to buy the game again until I figured out if I could get my old character back.

Thanks for any answers!

You'll be starting from scratch. Sorry.

Ikkarus

This might be super obvious but I've reached the credits for 4.0 but I can't seem to unlock Susano extreme. Is there a place / person I need to speak with? I've tried looking but nowhere states how to actually unlock it.

Really appreciate any help you can give GAF. :)

B-Dex

Thanks for any answers!

But if your account was a 1.0 one you'll get legacy status. And a cool chocobo mount.

scy

This might be super obvious but I've reached the credits for 4.0 but I can't seem to unlock Susano extreme. Is there a place / person I need to speak with? I've tried looking but nowhere states how to actually unlock it.

Really appreciate any help you can give GAF. :)

Should be in
Kugane again, the Wandering Minstrel. I believe he's next to the marketboards here. If you don't see him, there's a chance you might have to go and do the very original unlock for him back in ARR? You have to interact with him again after the first time to actually 'tell' him a story before you get the EX fight unlocked

Ikkarus

Should be in
Kugane again, the Wandering Minstrel. I believe he's next to the marketboards here. If you don't see him, there's a chance you might have to go and do the very original unlock for him back in ARR? You have to interact with him again after the first time to actually 'tell' him a story before you get the EX fight unlocked
Thanks! I'll check it out!

MikeBison

Wait, wait.

So pvp gives you experience outside of pvp?
Is that different to how it used to be?

What's the deal with front lines vs wolves den?

How much pvp to get the garo armour?

I just used the duty finder the other day and did this 8 v 8 thing and it was a cluster fuck.

Sorry for the stupid questions.

HowZatOZ

Banned
Tbh low level content is very boring, combat hasn't changed a great deal, but encounters do get more interesting later on, it's weather you can stick it out that long.
Ah bummer, thought they'd fine tuned it a bit and sped things up. Ah well, maybe one day I'll get back into a FF MMO.

katagai

Thanks for any answers!

If you had a 1.0 character created before they began preparing for the transfer of data to ARR, then it should technically be there. Also, since you had played 1.0, your 1.0 license works as an ARR one. You'd only have to purchase the expansions.

Top Bottom