• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV Demo Previews/Impressions Thread

It's going to be like a normal download on psn right? I'm visiting my brother this week and having type 0 delivered here. If I login on my brother's ps4 (on my account), then download the demo, I'll still be able to download it on my ps4 at my place when I get back home right?

It's going to be like a normal download on psn right? I'm visiting my brother this week and having type 0 delivered here. If I login on my brother's ps4 (on my account), then download the demo, I'll still be able to download it on my ps4 at my place when I get back home right?
I guess? It will probably show up on your library like other promotional demos - Destiny alpha/beta, Guilty Gear demo, etc.

Oh man, my hype for XV is in an all time low right now.

I shouldn't have seen that teaser.

Hopefully Square doesn't show anything for that before XV comes...

Since I never played FVII - is it really that huge? Or are the others (8,9 etc) bigger (which I assume)?

Weird that they chose exactly that title to make a comparison. Or maybe because they assume fans like it the most? (not saying that they do though lol)
I'd say, in overall scope, FFVII IS pretty big. Probably not the LARGEST FF(I think FFIII-V are the largest adventures, if we are talking about the exploration of "more than one WORLD"), but still considerably great size. I think it's probably one of the last "classic FFs" in that regards. It's even the last FF where you can explore the oceans in a submarine(which underwater exploration occurs in it's own "undersea world map").

But as far as the context of the PR person, I think, like others have said, they mean "popularity". And funny thing, the folks at Square Enix once said that when they make a game that surpasses FFVII's quality and popularity(keep in mind, FFXIII, to them, wasn't it), THEN they said they'll remake FFVII. Not saying it's a sure thing, but if FFXV is a hit, we might see something drip down from the Mako reactor!

I guess? It will probably show up on your library like other promotional demos - Destiny alpha/beta, Guilty Gear demo, etc.

I seem to remember Tabata saying something about downloading the demo once or making sure you don't delete it, but.. I could have been mistaken or a bad translation. That's why I was curious.

SE and PS NA really screwed the pooch for Final Fantasy Type 0's launch. Its still not up on the PSN store. Are they trying to drive up physical sales? If so this is just shady business tactics.

Aureon

Please do not let me serve on a jury. I am actually a crazy person.
I wonder if they'll announce the sequel before the game releases!
When is LR on PC again? Need to doubledip the whole trilogy.

KH3D is horrible. Flow motion was such a bad idea.

Everything is a step back in that game compared to bbs.

Well, any gameplay is a step back to BBS-Aqua.

Kagari have you played the game? You seem more optimistic these days, quite refreshing to see.

Thank Yoshida for that. A Realm Reborn is glorious, and the name couldn't be more fitting after a decade of.. bleakness.

SE and PS NA really screwed the pooch for Final Fantasy Type 0's launch. Its still not up on the PSN store. Are they trying to drive up physical sales? If so this is just shady business tactics.
New game releases usually go up for preload the Sundray before release so maaaaaaaaaybe they'll have it by then

If it doesn't it's not happening lol

Wuut what happened?

The other thread about Type-0 =P

XV is still XV, but now this game is having to share hype with another game (that seems to be at least as good as XV).

But yeah, on one hand, I feel bad for not getting a PS4 in time to play the demo. But on the other hand, I don't even care that much anymore.

JJD

The other thread about Type-0 =P

XV is still XV, but now this game is having to share hype with another game (that seems to be at least as good as XV).

But yeah, on one hand, I feel bad for not getting a PS4 in time to play the demo. But on the other hand, I don't even care that much anymore.

Is this teaser on youtube?

I think it's because the original poster didn't want to have to split the hype lol

Yup. I never split the hype for Versus because back in the day I wouldn't really watch FFXIII's trailers, so I was always hyped for that.

But now... I just hope XV finishes production soon and everyone loves it, so we can move on to the next game.

Is this teaser on youtube?

Don't know if it was taken down, but yeah. Look for the other thread on Type-0.

SougoXIII

I just realize that i have to wait till Friday on EU to play this game/Type-0. Should I cancel my pre-order and get it on NA psn instead?

Epcott

It's so bizarre that the game is available for preorder everywhere except on NA PSN, I don't understand how that would come to happen

Yeah, this really bugs me about the NA PSN.

They have Uncharted 4 for preorder (a game pushed back to 2016) and MKX, but not a game due to be released in a few days. And so few games to preorder at that.

This is the press copy lol.

giphy.gif

Regarding that teaser...

There's no real spoiler, but spoiler-ed just in case :

Famitsu: So the song was created to service the special movie then. You said “connect it to whatever comes next,” so what was the thought behind the creation of the special movie?

Tabata:
Actually, right after Type-0 was originally released on PSP, we started pre-production on a new game. A little while later however, we ended up getting moved on to Final Fantasy XV, so we were unable to continue working on that project. The special movie is based on the images and ideas we had developed for that game. It isn’t just me who wants to make that game either; the Type-0 team does as well. So for us, we haven’t given up hoping for a chance to make that game someday. We wanted to relay the image from that pre-production phase to the users.

Tldr; It's Tabata's
devious way of throwing out his FF-ideas out there, so that there's demand for it even though it's not really an actual ongoing project atm.
;P

Translation credit goes to RyougaSaotome. Please find the actual translation here : http://dokidokikusoge.moe/post/113498353796/hajime-tabata-and-his-team-were-working-on-a-new

Regarding that teaser...

Famitsu: So the song was created to service the special movie then. You said “connect it to whatever comes next,” so what was the thought behind the creation of the special movie?

Tabata:
Actually, right after Type-0 was originally released on PSP, we started pre-production on a new game. A little while later however, we ended up getting moved on to Final Fantasy XV, so we were unable to continue working on that project. The special movie is based on the images and ideas we had developed for that game. It isn’t just me who wants to make that game either; the Type-0 team does as well. So for us, we haven’t given up hoping for a chance to make that game someday. We wanted to relay the image from that pre-production phase to the users.

Tldr; It's Tabata's
devious way of throwing out his FF-ideas out there, so that there's demand for it even though it's not really an actual ongoing project atm.
;P

Translation credit goes to RyougaSaotome. Please find the actual translation here : http://dokidokikusoge.moe/post/113498353796/hajime-tabata-and-his-team-were-working-on-a-new

I love you Tabata, bring us the FFs we want.

Regarding that teaser...

Tabata:

Tldr; It's Tabata's
;P

So basically it'll be a PS5 game.

I love you Tabata, bring us the FFs we want.

Yeah, I'm just saying that we may not necessarily see this game at all, or even in the next 5 years lol. It's barely a teaser, more of a product pitch.

IMO, Tabata's going to be forced to do work on XV-2 or at least a spin-off utilising the core foundations of XV before he can be allowed to 'go do his own thing.'

That's a loooong while away.

Falk

that puzzling face
Tabata is truly a worthy Nomura protege.

Makes secret ending trailers that you then have to write games around because of fan hype.

Rootbeer

Banned
I've only peaked a little at the videos because I want to save as much as possible for my play through of the demo

But does anyone know how much time it takes to complete the demo? Assuming you are taking a somewhat leisurely pace and exploring... which is why style. :)

Yeah, I'm just saying that we may not necessarily see this game at all, or even in the next 5 years lol. It's barely a teaser, more of a product pitch.

IMO, Tabata's going to be forced to do work on XV-2 or at least a spin-off utilising the core foundations of XV before he can be allowed to 'go do his own thing.'

That's a loooong while away.
Not necessarily, Tabata could easily be moved onto Type-1 after FFXV (XV sequels and/or the need for Tabata to direct them is a discussion entirely on it's own). Specially if the interest in such a game is high enough.

I've only peaked a little at the videos because I want to save as much as possible for my play through of the demo

But does anyone know how much time it takes to complete the demo? Assuming you are taking a somewhat leisurely pace and exploring... which is why style. :)
After a bunch of reports I think the average would be 3-4 hours-ish. Maybe a little more if you do everything, maybe a little less if you don't feel like doing everything.

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
It's so bizarre that the game is available for preorder everywhere except on NA PSN, I don't understand how that would come to happen

Well the Singapore PSN doesn't have it up for preordering either. I think with Singapore and perhaps the general Asia PSNs, it's more like "What's a digital pre-order???"

I don't recall pre-orders being an option ever.

As the day approaches, I'm getting a bit of a pre-buyer's remorse about getting the CE of the game. The CE will take at least a week to ship to me from Amazon. It'll cost me US$110 or so. The only thing I really care about in the CE is the really gorgeous steelbook. I don't care about the manga. I already have the superior Japanese artbook (200-300 pages as opposed to 80 pages). I'll probably look at the 5 summon cards a few times and then keep it somewhere. I'll get more bang for my money if I just order the full soundtrack and that doesn't run out of stock.

On top of that I'll buy this digitally on my PSN store as well since time zone differences should mean I'll play it earlier than the US store update. Of course I'm sure Asia PSN has its own Grace Chen in charge so the update timing isn't regular but the game should be up give or take a few hours on Tuesday.

TL: DR CE doesn't seem that worthwhile and I feel like cancelling.

Decisions...

charsace

The thing that I love about what has been shown so far in regards to this game is that it captures the feel of the early trailers. FF13's first trailers had a completely different feel from the games they delivered. With FF15 they aren't making the same mistake twice.

Top Bottom