• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV EGX Livestream

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gbraga

We just learned today that Death is Ring magic, but for the rest:
No, you draw the three elements. But, you then combine those elements with items and THAT's how you create new spells.

Like, for example, if there's an Ultima, it would probably be a recipe of 99 Fire, 99 Lightning and 99 Ice, mixed with a dark matter. Something along those lines.

Think FFX's Mix

We did? What else came out today?

This great news. :) I don't know if I remeber it wrong or understood it wrong but I swear Tabata said a long time ago that Luna was actually not ever going to be a party member, nor any female character actually.
Definitely remember that wrong lol. Iris is in the party at one point too

FerDS

No, you draw the three elements. But, you then combine those elements with items and THAT's how you create new spells.

Like, for example, if there's an Ultima, it would probably be a recipe of 99 Fire, 99 Lightning and 99 Ice, mixed with a dark matter. Something along those lines.

Think FFX's Mix

Where did we learned that death is ring magic? University doesn't let me follow news of the game :(

DrBretto

Banned
We did? What else came out today?
Where did we learned that death is ring magic? University doesn't let me follow news of the game :(

http://www.mognetcentral.com/threads/final-fantasy-xv-general-news-thread.3288/page-286#post-39957

Q: Are there any classic spells we know from the FF series?
Tabata: The magic that utilises the Lucis royal family ring is different from the common elemental spells. To be more precise, it features such spells as Death. There is also magic intrinsically tied to the story of the game.

The last line is a mistranslation of sorts. According to some, it's actually that there are going to be magics that are unique to this game. Not necessarily tied to the story.

Think FFX's Mix

Nice, so this sorta reminds me of how I used to waste items with rikku that I later needed in FFX, I actually dislike this system due to how I like to horde everything :(

DrBretto

Banned

vkMfQug.gif

DrBretto

Banned
O no I read a good amount of that I'm out next gameplay trailer/video

Older Noctis will be featured in gameplay videos from here on out

That may also be a mistranslation.

There are multiple sources for the translations for this article, and some of the stuff is at odds with each other.
The alternate for this line is that they're just saying that the game will feature significant playing time as old Noctis.

DrBretto

Banned
Nice, so this sorta reminds me of how I used to waste items with rikku that I later needed in FFX, I actually dislike this system due to how I like to horde everything :(

Yeah. But, keep in mind, that's just a basic idea of it. How it's actually handled (ie, just how rare some of these things are) is totally up in the air. The FFX Mix comparison is just to paint a basic picture.

It's nice to have (sort of) confirmation that
you won't just be playing as older Noctis in the final battle or anything like that. Seems like it'll be a part of the main game.

Tyaren

Definitely remember that wrong lol. Iris is in the party at one point too

I meant very long ago. Before we knew about Iris. Also, is Iris confirmed to be a party member (apart from showing Noctis around town)?

Hah, I knew Tabata said there were no female party members:

http://kotaku.com/the-men-of-final-fantasy-xv-are-making-some-unhappy-1637994758

http://www.4gamer.net/games/260/G026084/20140917119/

That was in 2014. There wasn't that huge debate surrounding that for nothing.

Gbraga

http://www.mognetcentral.com/threads/final-fantasy-xv-general-news-thread.3288/page-286#post-39957

The last line is a mistranslation of sorts. According to some, it's actually that there are going to be magics that are unique to this game. Not necessarily tied to the story.

That may also be a mistranslation.

There are multiple sources for the translations for this article, and some of the stuff is at odds with each other.
The alternate for this line is that they're just saying that the game will feature significant playing time as old Noctis.

THAT'S SO SICK.

I'll read the whole thing.

Super excited for the ATR now.

I meant very long ago. Before we knew about Iris. Also, is Iris confirmed to be a party member (apart from showing Noctis around town)?

Hah, I knew Tabata said there were no female party members:

http://kotaku.com/the-men-of-final-fantasy-xv-are-making-some-unhappy-1637994758

http://www.4gamer.net/games/260/G026084/20140917119/

That was in 2014. There wasn't that huge debate surrounding that for nothing.
Yea she's in a car with them I mean if you can get out anytime I'd legit be upset she doesn't get out too Nd fight.

Ha so he did interesting!

So we have cor,luna and iris as guests I'm ok with that

Gbraga

Tabata: The magic that utilises the Lucis royal family ring is different from the common elemental spells. To be more precise, it features such spells as Death. There is also magic intrinsically tied to the story of the game.

The way he puts it, it wouldn't surprise me if it wasn't a mistranslation. Maybe the worshipping death angle isn't entirely gone? Just not part of the explicit narrative, but instead part of the lore you can get from notes and shit?

Because I at least never thought it would be that direct to begin with. More like "this goddess represents death, we worship her, therefore we worship death", and not "wooo death is great, let's sacrifice some folks". So it wouldn't be that dark to have it in some way tied to the lore.

I'll spoiler tag this I guess,
they call the summons the gods in that article so what exactly would be those blue things on the cover?

Watch Kingsglaive :D

Alright someone clear this up for me
Being a Lucian marshall, Cor's sword skills are beyond formidable and all that,
but where was he during FFXV Movie!?

The dude has no excuse, he had to know about the invasion and he already knew about Noctis location and his purpose.
So the question is what was he doing the entire time?

We already know he's like bye and hi type of guy , but what he did with Lucis and Noctis is to much.

The way he puts it, it wouldn't surprise me if it wasn't a mistranslation. Maybe the worshipping death angle isn't entirely gone? Just not part of the explicit narrative, but instead part of the lore you can get from notes and shit?

Because I at least never thought it would be that direct to begin with. More like "this goddess represents death, we worship her, therefore we worship death", and not "wooo death is great, let's sacrifice some folks". So it wouldn't be that dark to have it in some way tied to the lore.

How fitting the ring has death magic Xp. And dammit I figured someone would say it's in Kingsglaive bah! Two more months

So, if the game is not delayed again (TABATA, PLS) it should be going gold in a month. In 15 days we will be at the same point we were right before the game was delayed.

Gbraga

Alright someone clear this up for me
Being a Lucian marshall, Cor's sword skills are beyond formidable and all that,
but where was he during FFXV Movie!?

The dude has no excuse, he had to know about the invasion and he already knew about Noctis location and his purpose.
So the question is what was he doing the entire time?

Probably entrusted with leading Noctis torwards his goal?

Remember that, while Regis knew about the invasion and sent Noctis off to Altissia in order to protect him, he was actually surprised by Lunafreya arriving in Lucis. He was actually hoping they would meet there and stay safe, so that probably forced him to change his plans, which could involve Cor. Maybe he sent Cor to Altissia to meet Noctis and guide him.

That's just random speculation, though. I guess we'll only know when the game comes out. The way Noctis acts early in the game, I can definitely see him asking Cor what the hell he was doing when his father got killed.

DrBretto

Banned
According to Lulcielid on Mognet, it is now officially 9/30 in Japan. Happy FFXV release day!!!

Oh god 60 more days, I'm not gonna make it, lol

Famassu

Didn't they always say that they've just downplayed the death-worship aspect, not that stuff related to it is completely gone. I mean, you DO go around collecting dead king's weapons and the Ring is definitely connected to some kind of spirit-world shenanigans with deities that might be somewhat death-related.

Gbraga

Didn't they always say that they've just downplayed the death-worship aspect, not that stuff related to it is completely gone. I mean, you DO go around collecting dead king's weapons and the Ring is definitely connected to some kind of spirit-world shenanigans with deities that might be somewhat death-related.

Indeed, you're definitely right.

EDIT: Oh, right, that painting from the Versus days is even in Kingsglaive, isn't it?

LKmRWmT.jpg

DrBretto

Banned
I actually feel OK with it. I've been looking at the countdown timer on Mognet for 180 days. I can do 60 more.

But, I could definitely use that ATR right about now. Anyone know what time it's gonna drop?

Edit: I mean, I'm DYING to play it, but I'll probably live.

OrionX

So I guess the "Goddess" is still in XV then? She was originally named after that ridiculously incompetent Goddess Etro, right? I assume that's changed, but I know they still had her painting in Kingsglaive. I always figured that was her in the logo too. Then there's the summons and the kotr, I'm gonna need a hierarchy chart for all these Gods. lol

DrBretto

Banned
, I'm gonna need a hierarchy chart for all these Gods. lol

Well, here you go, then! lol

latest

Edit:

Top to bottom likely actually means something. The goddess (probably renamed Eos) up top. KotR just underneath, the ancient representation of the Bros in the center (Left to right, representing Prompto, Noctis, Gladio, Ignis - Guessing Zelda-style reincarnation) Summons on the next step, but notice they are opposing in sides, suggesting that not all of the summons are necessarily on the same side, and then, of course, the daemons on the bottom.

There's your hierarchy. I highly doubt the placement is random.

Anbec7

C'mon we waited years! 60 more days is not that much
Honestly I would love to be finally playing it... lol

DrBretto

Banned
Haha, how could I forget about that beautiful masterpiece? So I guess the Goddess is on top then. The painting's supposed to appear in-game as part of a prophecy made long ago, right?

I've actually exhausted the brunt of my plot-related knowledge. I really prefer not to go too in-depth until AFTER I've experienced the full story the first time. It's just hard to avoid stuff with 7 free hours a day at work and an incurable FFXV info addiction.

pablito

In a way I'm glad it's coming out November and not tonight. The choice is made for me between playing the base version now or the pro version in November. Plus it'll be my favorite time of year :D

I still have Cold Steel 2 to finish, which will be followed by SMTIV: A which is waiting to be played. Then I have Pokemon pre-ordered too... So I'll be fine until November 29. Plenty of stuff going on in my life too, as well as my studies. It's gonna arrive faster than I want it to aha.

Falk

that puzzling face
Q: What makes guns special?
Tabata: You can attack from afar, but on the flip side you cannot use link attacks with them. They come in handy in infiltrations and such, since you can snipe enemies from a distance. Scenario-wise, they showcase the Niflheim engineering skills. Since we are talking about machinery here, they can be customized and upgraded. You can't warp with them, though.

The dream of tossing sniper into the air, warping to it and quickscoping is dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom