• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV TwitchCon Presentation Stream

SilverArrow20XX

Walks in the Light of the Crystal
I found this vid (Bortherhood EP 6 preview) on the ffxv subreddit, OP claims Stella is back. It's just Luna tho.

But does Noctis really say Stella at :28?

I think OP made me imagine things lol

Also, where did he get this video from?

That "teaser" is most of the Luna "episode". There's maybe another 30 seconds of footage. I got the bluray 2 days ago. There is footage between each episode. Most of it's between 4 and 5.

Summary:

The first 3 scenes are just 5 second scenes of Luna paging through a notebook looking at notes on each of Noctis's party after their respective episodes.

After episode 4 there is a more substantial episode where we see Regis wheel Noctis into Luna's room where they meet for the first time and Regis tells him to introduce himself.
It then transitions to an animated version of the Kingsglaive opening where Regis runs away with Noctis leaving Luna behind.
Then there's a short scene of Luna looking at the Ring with Gentiana commenting on its power.

Post credits scene is Luna wondering if Noctis is safe, then we see the bros in the boat with Noctis thinking to himself "Sorry for the wait Luna, I'll be there soon".

OrionX

PSY・S;219301709 said:
ravus is stupid and ugly tho
who cares about that dumb doof

*sigh* So many non-believers. You'll regret your words and deeds!

pls don't suck Ravus :(

benzy

Apprently there's new info detailed in the intro:

two men awaken
one suffers the repudiation of the gods
another born to be a king
both are challenged to decide the fate of the world

Most likely
Noctis and Ravus

CuGAoknWYAAL3b4

JBwB

Not sure if these have been posted yet but here's yet more positive impressions of the game (from EGX).

But for every X positive impressions there's bound to be a negative one (this is literally the only one I could find).

Also as a side note, the build they showed off at Barcelona is apparently the latest and 'last build of the game'.

CuFkUxzXEAAtuKZ.jpg

wmlk

But for every X positive impressions there's bound to be a negative one (this is literally the only one I could find).

In truth, I’m still very excited to get my hands on Final Fantasy XV. However, I worry that it’s impossible for it to live up to expectations. This game cannot be good. It needs to be great to even register as “good” in the minds of the people. If Final Fantasy XV releases on 29th November to a resounding 7/10 on IGN, it might as well be a 2. I hate to portray scores as a meaningful metric, but they’re useful to illustrate a point: anything short of amazing for Final Fantasy XV is going to be viewed as a disappointment, but I hold on to my hope.

What's this guy trying to say? lol. Is he upset that the game could be just good? Is anything short of 9.5-10/10 a failure? It also seems like he didn't play the game with sound.

Asd202

Not sure if these have been posted yet but here's yet more positive impressions of the game (from EGX).

Also as a side note, the build they showed off at Barcelona is apparently the latest and 'last build of the game'.

CuFkUxzXEAAtuKZ.jpg

Interesting I guess what we're seeing right now will be the release date build.

Aters

What's this guy trying to say? lol. Is he upset that the game could be just good? Is anything short of 9.5-10/10 a failure? From what it sounds like, he didn't play the game with sound.

I think he means unless the game is amazing, it will be seen as a failure even if it's great. And I agree with him, partially. The 10 years hype is impossible to deliver. Same goes to TLG.

What I'd argue, however, is that not many people actually wait for 10 years outside GAF. Newcomers and casual series fans will also play this game, and they don't necessarily go in with huge expectation. In fact I didn't pay attention to it until the 2013 re-reveal.
I preferred FFXIII trailers, and I believe I was not alone. FFVXIII wasn't that important until FFXIII went multiplatform and VXIII became the only exclusive. (Sony fans in those years must have been living in hell)

Ishida

Banned
Seems this dude tested the frame rate for the final version. Any idea on what he says? I can't even watch the clip right now.

https://twitter.com/javi__andres/status/783974852365586432

It's not a good framerate test, sadly.

Post says "Better framerate than last preview? We'll put it to the test".

He's testing the PS4 version. He says he will do the first "quick test" by spinning the camera around. No framerate drops. He says it's a lot, lot better than the last time they tested it.

He finally says they hope the final version is just like this one, just as fast and fluid.

That's pretty much it, unfortunately.

Mailbox

PSY・S;219319103 said:
the review thread is going to be fun

f3gif.gif

I'm staying way the hell away from gaf's gaming side just before reviews hit until I play and finish the game.

I feel like this is the kind of game where I really need to hear no one elses opinion about other than my own.

LowParry

I'm staying way the hell away from gaf's gaming side just before reviews hit until I play and finish the game.

I feel like this is the kind of game where I really need to hear no one elses opinion about other than my own.

GAF sold Doom 2016 pretty good.

benzy

It's not a good framerate test, sadly.

Post says "Better framerate than last preview? We'll put it to the test".

He's testing the PS4 version. He says he will do the first "quick test" by spinning the camera around. No framerate drops. He says it's a lot, lot better than the last time they tested it.

He finally says they hope the final version is just like this one, just as fast and fluid.

That's pretty much it, unfortunately.

Thanks! Guess we gotta wait for DF and Gamersyde.

That's a damned good idea. Think I'll do the same.

xion4360

Lol, this is great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0YSe1moGd8

All I got was Coleman and Cup Noodle.

my translation is

"Darkness devours the world
shortening each day further
the sunrise dissipates in distant dreams
trapped by the eternal night
two men rise
one suffered the scorn of the gods
the other was born to be king.
they confront each other for the fate of the world
a storm is unleashed
In her shines the light of four heroes
ready to recover their world"

Ishida

Banned
Lol, this is great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0YSe1moGd8

All I got was Coleman and Cup Noodle.

Here's my full translation. I may have gotten some of the speaker's names wrong. It's kind of hard to listen to their voices with my crappy earphones. But translation is the best I can do as a native spanish speaker.:

=============================================

"Darkness devours the world.
Shortening each day.
Sunrise dissipates in distant memories
trapped in eternal night.
Two men rise
One suffered the repulsion of the gods,
the other was born to be King.
Both will face each other for the fate of the world.
A storm is unleashed.
In it, the light of four heroes shines.
Ready to take back their land.

A look into Final Fantasy XV.

The protagonist is Noc. He leaves his land behind to travel alongside his three best friends.

Noctis: "Well, yeah... I've gone traveling.

Prompto: "Hey! You are not going alone! What kind of travel?

Noctis: "Like bounty hunting."

Prompto: "Something like that. Four colleagues/friends that give hell to everything that stand before them.

Gladio: "And make due as they can..."

Ignis: "Having the deposit (Gas?) and stomach full, it costs some Gil."

Prompto: "Yes! Noct's old man left us his amazing car, but maintaining it is very expensive...".

Noctis: "And it uses up a lot of gas..."

Prompto: "So, what made you want to travel the world?"

Noctis: "As if you didn't know. It was not my idea."

Gladio: "You could be more specific!"

Prompto: "Someday you will go back home, right?"

Noctis: "Of course. I'm the Prince".

RECLAIM YOUR KINGDOM!
*The Kingdom of Lucis has fallen.
*Before the invasion, the King sends the traveling group away .
*Noctis and company go after the invaders.

Noctis: "Well, this is..."

Prompto: "Ignis! He likes glasses and cooking! He has the IQ of Sherlock Holmes!".

Gladio: "You expect someone to get that example?"

Prompto: "Noct! You say something, too!"

Ignis: "You could speak of my culinary talents".

Noctis: "Yesterday's Garula Stew was amazing. It was delicious, but the peas were excessive."

Prompto: "Next up, Gladio comes from a great family, but he's a beast. You can tell by his looks."

Ignis: "And by the way he acts."

Prompto: "If brute force is necessary, there he is, and he likes it."

Noctis: "The field, the drinks, the instant noodles..."

Prompto: "The girls... And Coleman!"

Gladio: "Aren't you supposed to sell me well?"

Noctis: "I'm next".

Gladio: "Noct. He likes fishing. C'mon, show off your latest catch"

Noctis: "A 50cm perch."

Prompto: "Ohh..."

Noctis: "Show a little more emotion!"

Prompto: "I don't know if I should be applauding or what..."

Noctis: "Only this one is left."

Prompto: "Prompto Argentum. I love photography and spicy food."

Noctis: "And girls".

Ignis: "I suggest you stop following them around with your camera, That's a crime, man."

Prompto: "Hey stop! Don't go in there! You are humiliating me! I want to make it clear, I'm not a stalker!"

Noctis: "Okay, let's go..."

*Montage starts*

Universal stories and feelings at the hand of the latest technology. The team of Final Fantasy XV.

=============================================

Soriku

I think he means unless the game is amazing, it will be seen as a failure even if it's great. And I agree with him, partially. The 10 years hype is impossible to deliver. Same goes to TLG.

What I'd argue, however, is that not many people actually wait for 10 years outside GAF. Newcomers and casual series fans will also play this game, and they don't necessarily go in with huge expectation. In fact I didn't pay attention to it until the 2013 re-reveal.
I preferred FFXIII trailers, and I believe I was not alone. FFVXIII wasn't that important until FFXIII went multiplatform and VXIII became the only exclusive. (Sony fans in those years must have been living in hell)

Am I the only one who doesn't think like this? Couldn't care less for the 10 year hype. I'll judge the game on its own merit. My expectations don't randomly get higher with every year that passes...that's ridiculous.

Philippo

Wait are you telling me
Ravus
actually is more relevant thant everybody else expected?

YYYEEEESSSSSSS!!!!!!

Top Bottom