• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Thoughts: Okami

Status
Not open for further replies.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Finally got around to playing it. Breezed through the first 5 hours or so.. but now nothing is compelling me to pick it up and play it again. It's great, everything looks nice, sounds are good, very Zelda-esque which I don't mind..

But it has that thing that I like to call "Capcom gameplay" in that things get so ****ing repetitive that I just feel like crying. Maybe it's just me, but in quite a lot of Capcom games they share this trait where it's just the same shit over and over again regardless of how much content they try to pump in.

:(

And holy shit at this thread. Just got a chance to take a quick glance through it. Page 5 = GAF classic worthy!

SantaC said:
:lol

Yeah. Maybe i'll do the same. Play Zelda for a week or so, and then come into gaf when most of the dust has settled.
Oh my God it will happen...

Hopefully the war of the century lies not within Twilight Princess, but can stay on the plane of console differences. That will be a good time to avoid Zelda impression threads on GAF.

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
Mr. Spinnington said:
Oh my God it will happen...

Hopefully the war of the century lies not within Twilight Princess, but can stay on the plane of console differences. That will be a good time to avoid Zelda impression threads on GAF.
:lol Are you kidding? I'll rush headlong into those threads! Some of the best comedy in recent GAF history is sure to be in there.

And the tears. Many tasty tasty tears shall pour from fanboys and haters alike.

DjangoReinhardt said:
To me, Okami is Zelda for a special-needs child. Once you get past the aesthetics, it's just a watered-down clone with the worst of the DS-style control gimmicks slapped on top. This should've been so much better - the pieces are there, but this game needed a ton more design work on the content end. Oh, well.

I just finished Okami. What a wonderful experience.

To me, the DjangoReinhardt post above is like a game review for a special-needs child. No, I take that back, special-needs children aren't necessarily crazy or stupid, so saying that would be a considerable disservice to those special-needs kids.

In short, If Okami is the short bus, consider me a happy passenger.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom