• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Trailer for Halo: Season 2 Released (Paramount+)

Draugoth

Gold Member
new-poster-for-halo-season-2-v0-dyubunqettbc1.jpeg

#HaloTheSeries returns Feb. 8, exclusively on Paramount+. Stream two episodes at premiere and a new episode every Thursday through March 21st. Master Chief John-117 leads his team of elite Spartans against the alien threat known as the Covenant. As humanity’s best hope for winning the war, John-117 discovers his deep connection to a mysterious alien structure that holds the key to humankind’s salvation, or its destruction — the Halo.​

Last edited:

StueyDuck

What them cheeks been up to.

Edit: season 1 was totally fine for a Sci-fi show. Hopefully this season will be more of a Halo show

Last edited:

clarky

Gold Member
no one even knows this actor. its like they think they have tom cruise in the role.
Nah Pablo was great in The Wire. Granted hes not 'A' list but hes been in lots of things. It's Liev Schreiber's brother, aka Ray Donovan.

Not defending the show btw the first season was a pile of turd.

Last edited:

jason10mm

Gold Member
I mean shit, that is one hell of a trailer.

Hopefully the actual season is way fucking better than the 1st.

Also is it just me or was Kwan Ha literally not shown at all in the trailer? Everyone hated that story arc so I wonder if they're just going to ditch it.
Agreed. Trailer looks great, but let's see if all that was just 1 space fight and 1 good ground fight. I think I'm seeing Bokeem Woodbine in there but IMDB hasn't updated the cast for the new season so it's hard to say. I think they are just hiding her in the trailer though rather than excising her character completely.

diffusionx

Gold Member
I feel like this piece of shit show was as much of a nail in the coffin for Bonnie Ross' career than Shitfinite. It was obvious that this studio just could not manage this property, at all, like if it is a skill from 0-100 the bare minimum is like an 80 and they were giving us about a 10.

Spoilers

master-chief-nude.jpg
Me on the left

MarkMe2525

Looking forward to it. Season 1 was interesting for sure, but not what I was looking for in a Halo show. Well, I didn't know I wanted humping, but I was shown the light

Neill Blomkamp has made a total of 1 good movie in his career.

Very subjective.

Yeah fuck this guy. He's like a 'C' list Zack Snyder. D9 was great, but unfortunately a fluke. Everything else over 10 minutes long was trash.

District 9
Chappie
Elysium
Gran Turismo

All good movies.

He also did the Halo: Landfall short which was good. At least he understood Halo which is more than I can say for those currently involved.

clarky

Gold Member
Very subjective.

District 9
Chappie
Elysium
Gran Turismo

All good movies.

He also did the Halo: Landfall short which was good. At least he understood Halo which is more than I can say for those currently involved.
I said anything over ten minutes.

Glad you enjoyed the rest of his output, but everything after D9 was downhill for me. Ranging from average at best to downright fucking awful.

kiphalfton

Sucks that hollywood has to have the helmet removed. Even Mando had to do it to justify the actor being in the role. Its not the only fault of the show, its my biggest one.

That's the problem with every super hero movie/etc.

They have to show off the character's true identity... when really it should be unknown to 99% of the other characters.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Nah Pablo was great in The Wire. Granted hes not 'A' list but hes been in lots of things. It's Liev Schreiber's brother, aka Ray Donovan.

Not defending the show btw the first season was a pile of turd.
Oh I loved him in the Wire, but hes basically as no name as they come. Just odd that they would remove the helmet for an actor of his profile.

Just watched the trailer, i dont know why they wont use Marty McDonnel's soundtrack. This generic stuff is so forgettable.

clarky

Gold Member
Oh I loved him in the Wire, but hes basically as no name as they come. Just odd that they would remove the helmet for an actor of his profile.

Just watched the trailer, i dont know why they wont use Marty McDonnel's soundtrack. This generic stuff is so forgettable.
Edit: what kiphalfton kiphalfton said above.

If they must take MC's helmet off at least have it be a crusty Steve Downes in there..

This show does everything wrong, im not sure who its for. I can't even hate watch it.

Last edited:
Question for those who are good at doing this:

Remove the fact that this is Halo and remove any biases…is this the case of a show being a decent show but mainly bad because it’s attached to a well known property? Or is it bad even if it wouldn’t be known as Halo?

Like would I enjoy this if it were some random Sy-fy TV network series?

Sybrix

Who is watching this?

It looks like some generic space sci-fi crap you'd see on the SyFy channel.

This wont make it past season 3, if it even gets to that.

jason10mm

Gold Member

Remove the fact that this is Halo and remove any biases…is this the case of a show being a decent show but mainly bad because it’s attached to a well known property? Or is it bad even if it wouldn’t be known as Halo?

It isn't bad by any stretch (IMHO). But there are some REALLY dragging plotlines (the Kwan/Soren stuff mostly, but the persistent daddy/mommy issues with most characters as well) when it could have been a more tactical focused. I think they tried for a Battlestar Galactica (reboot) vibe with excessive interpersonal drama and tragic backstories all around too soon, we should have gotten more MC being a badass competent MC for a season. Obviously they had to limit the covenant stuff due to cost but I think they could have done more with it if they went with misty dark ship sets versus all the bright rooms and daytime desert quarry stuff. The show seems to expect a certain level of lore understanding from the audience but they also change a lot, making it hard to be engrossed at times.

cormack12

Gold Member

Aside from the costumes and main archetypal enemies, it's more of a show with Halo as the background. I got really into the books and all the background at one point and I'm not really a fan of the deviation to be honest. I would have preferred following the canon. I have been rewatching season 1 though and it's not as bad as made out second time round - but it's easier without the immediate reaction to pick out what worked and what didn't. The guy doesn't look or exude Master Chief just as Bella Ramsey doesn't look or exude Ellie. However, Bella's acting is more character driven and accurate, I don't think this guy gives off Master Chief vibes. At all. There was more 'John' in the kid scene with the hanging kid.

If it wasn't Halo I doubt I'd be back for season 2, not because it's terrible but because there are other shows I'd watch ahead of it. In terms of quality it's up and down, a bit like Alice in Borderlands for example, with some very good parts, some meh parts and some wtf parts.

Halsey is a hot waifu too, Miranda is cute and Cortana made a brief but impactful entrance.

Del_X

The biggest issue is that they do too many things and too many arcs in the first Season. Too many inner conflicts while trying to establish lore and external conflicts. If they had picked 1-2 internal conflicts to explore and not, like, eight it would have been better balanced and left room for some of the silly bullshit for later seasons.

I mean shit, that's a great trailer.

Hopefully the actual season is way fucking better than the 1st.

Also is it just me or was Kwan Ha literally not shown at all in the trailer? Everyone hated that story arc so I wonder if they're just going to ditch it.
I'm all for them nixxing the Kwan Ha character/storyline. I enjoyed S1 other than that.

Top Bottom