• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Finally: Freeloader for Wii

Holy shit, this is awesome news! =D Cheap as chips American games ahoy! Too bad CodeJunkies only accept credit cards though, I hope some Aussie online retailer like DVDCrave or something eventually gets them in stock.

tabsina

i'm guessing australians are going to be crapped on regardless, unless they post it to here, which i doubt.. have any australians had any luck ordering it?

mutsu

tabsina said:
i'm guessing australians are going to be crapped on regardless, unless they post it to here, which i doubt.. have any australians had any luck ordering it?

No, but I am sure Play-Asia and such will have them available for ordering soon. Probably at a raised price, but oh well.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Infernal Monkey said:
Holy shit, this is awesome news! =D Cheap as chips American games ahoy! Too bad CodeJunkies only accept credit cards though, I hope some Aussie online retailer like DVDCrave or something eventually gets them in stock.

I hear this is the case.

Fredescu

tabsina said:

dvdcrave.com.au had the GCN freeloader until just very recently. I wouldn't be surprised if they get it in. I'm sure Play Asia and places like that will get it and ship to Aus, so I wouldn't worry about getting it from an Australian retailer necessarily.

tabsina

mutsu said:
No, but I am sure Play-Asia and such will have them available for ordering soon. Probably at a raised price, but oh well.

Fredescu said:
dvdcrave.com.au had the GCN freeloader until just very recently. I wouldn't be surprised if they get it in. I'm sure Play Asia and places like that will get it and ship to Aus, so I wouldn't worry about getting it from an Australian retailer necessarily.

sweet, thanks

tabsina

So, I think we need to set up some sort of poll

How long before Nintendo blocks our ability to purchase more of their games?
1 day
<7 days
2 weeks
1 month
fornever

Dot50Cal

Banned
fudgey_lumpkins said:
So has anyone order this already, or am I going to have to be the guinea pig?

I ordered as well. Had bad experiences with them in the past, but Im willing to try them again for this.

consoul

Prediction:
Next firmware update breaks Fwiiloader.
Instead of offering an update, Datel release "Fwiiloader MAX" at full-price.
Subsequent firmware update breaks Fwiiloader MAX.
Datel release Fwiiloader MAX v2, etc.

zoukka

MEGAGIGATERATON!

I was just about to order the PAL-version of No More Heroes but ordering it from USA FINALLY PAID OFF! Fuck yes the day could not start any better!

Should it work with any software-update?

->ordering now

EDIT: Ordered.

Keio

For a Finer World
I am cordially inviting the Fwiiloader to Finland for a state visit.

Now look at those sweet dollar prices: $ price x 0.65 = € rather than paying the same or a slight premium in a more valued currency.

Thanks Datel for unleashing the market forces on Nintendo's attempt at stifling international trade :)

zoukka

Keio said:
I am cordially inviting the Fwiiloader to Finland for a state visit.

Now look at those sweet dollar prices: $ price x 0.65 = € rather than paying the same or a slight premium in a more valued currency.

Thanks Datel for unleashing the market forces on Nintendo's attempt at stifling international trade :)

Where can you get it for dallahs?! Or are you trying to buy it from Gaffers?

Keio

For a Finer World
zoukka said:
Where can you get it for dallahs?! Or are you trying to buy it from Gaffers?
Meaning sweet dollar prices for every Wii game I buy from now on, sry.

It's strictly queen's heads for the Fwiiloader, I'm afraid.

zoukka

Keio said:
Meaning sweet dollar prices for every Wii game I buy from now on, sry.

It's strictly queen's heads for the Fwiiloader, I'm afraid.

Ah. But your dead right about the rates. My shining NMH did cost only 36€ including postages. Almost twice as cheap as in Euroland and it has the sweet sweet gore.

Europes game sales can die for all I care. And the mid-european countries can finally learn some fucking english.

Might as well ask this, i got a US Wii in PAL land, does the Wiiloader work on any region console, or do i have to buy a US specific disc?

EDIT: Just re-read the first post.. nvm

Kazenone

flipping_heck said:
Might as well ask this, i got a US Wii in PAL land, does the Wiiloader work on any region console, or do i have to buy a US specific disc?

For the Freeloader on GC, you had to get a disc specific to your region but that doesn't seem to be the case this time round (Not from what I can tell atleast)

Mdk7

God i hope that the US version of No More Heroes works fine with this... if yes (feedback deeply appreciated!!) i'll buy it in a heartbeat.

Wow, if this hasn't been crippled by a firmware update by then I'm certainly going to have some purchase fun on my next trip to the US in a few months. :D

8bit

Knows the Score
Bought! I do hope this works, and it's not D.O.A. like the early versions of GC Freeloader were.

ne1

One thing that kind of makes me regret getting a US wii while living in PAL-land is the damned region locked multiplayer (that, so far, seems prevalent); meaning I can't play mario strikers online with my friends since they all got PAL machines. I wonder if freeloading a PAL-copy on a US-machine would make it possible to connect to the euro servers instead?

tabsina

can you play brawl internationally? or are you stuck with local players?

ie. if i buy NTSC brawl, am i stuck playing americans?

Nocebo

Just placed my order.
Anyone know where euros can order SSBB? Amazon won't ship it to my region :(
Or maybe I'll just get an american friend to buy it for me and ship it.

8bit

Knows the Score
Nocebo said:
Just placed my order.
Anyone know where euros can order SSBB? Amazon won't ship it to my region :(
Or maybe I'll just get an american friend to buy it for me and ship it.

videogamesplus.ca has served me well in the past.

wsippel

Banned
bcn-ron said:
The European Wii hardware is inferior. The support for s-video output is missing. NOE will never miss an opportunity to shit on paying customers.
It's superior, actually. RGB is much, much better.

Guys,

I've tried to phone Datel this morning to get the question about it possibly being blocked by Wii updates, but the main phone number is just ringing out. I think I could get an answer out of their tech support but I can't call it from work because its a premium number.

If anyone else wants to try ringing them:

UK
Tel: 01785 810 800
Tech support: 0906 550 1236 (£1 per min)

US
Tel: 727-431-0650
Tech support: as above

I'll try again this afternoon, if no one else has had a go.

MidiSurf

Banned
radioheadrule83 said:
Guys,

I've tried to phone Datel this morning to get the question about it possibly being blocked by Wii updates, but the main phone number is just ringing out. I think I could get an answer out of their tech support but I can't call it from work because its a premium number.

If anyone else wants to try ringing them:

UK
Tel: 01785 810 800
Tech support: 0906 550 1236 (£1 per min)

US
Tel: 727-431-0650
Tech support: as above

I'll try again this afternoon, if no one else has had a go.

Any luck contacting them ? I

If anyone contacts Datel, could you also ask how it handles games with firmware updates on the disc? I've sent them an e-mail but I haven't received a response yet.

batbeg

Jaded Alyx said:
Play-asia says:

Suitable ONLY for US Version Wii™ consoles.

So are there different versions or not?

Well, the actual product itself has three different flags on it indicating it works on all region systems, and the official website describes it as working on all region systems, so I'm assuming Play-Asia is in the wrong on this one.

We'll know soon enough hopefully
I lied, it can't come soon enough.

Top Bottom