• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Finally! I tasted Peanut Butter....

royox

and its...not as good as EVERY USA media makes us, poor europeans, believe in every way possible (movies, shows, commercials...)

It's not BAD but...I mean...it's not Nutella level of good. I have a full canister, tried it alone with toasted bread and it's "eatable" (not bad but I can't say it's..."good", it tastes kinda weird...like if it was an hyperconcentrated peanut sauce).

Anything I can combine with it to make it better for tomorrow's breakfast? Mixed with Strawberry jam it's even good....dunno if I should try with honey or even with Nutella. I need some Ideas US-Gaf!

Cybrwzrd

Banned
Nutilla is a sugary and foul poop like concoction.

Peanut butter is a god tier condiment. Try it on a burger sometime

peanutbutter-jelly-bacon-burger.jpg

http://www.simplecomfortfood.com/2013/08/05/peanut-butter-and-jelly-bacon-cheeseburger/

peanut-butter-jelly-burger-1.jpg

https://www.macheesmo.com/spicy-peanut-butter-jelly-burger/

It will change how you eat burgers for life.

royox

The top one has bacon, ergo it is a breakfast food.

Not in my country. Breakfast is bread (+butter, jam, honey, Nutella...), cookies, and cereals.

Will try PB on burger next time I eat them tho...can't imagine the taste of the mixture.

Last edited:
Peanut-butter is an ingredient. Nutella is a condiment. That's maybe why you're not as impressed.

Honey + PB is good. Any jam, marmalade, jelly, etc with PB is good. PB on waffles or pancakes with maple-syrup on top is good. Mix PB 50/50 with a generic can of vanilla or chocolate frosting, put on top of brownies or whatever terribly-dry baked goods you've learned to tolerate in Europe, and that's pretty tasty too.

Also, some brands of PB taste bland depending on the quality and how much sugar was added to it.

Pagusas

Elden Member
Need to know the Brand OP. You have shit tier (peter pan) and god tier (Local Texas Honey). What brand did you get?

Tenaciousmo

and its...not as good as EVERY USA media makes us, poor europeans, believe in every way possible (movies, shows, commercials...)

It's not BAD but...I mean...it's not Nutella level of good. I have a full canister, tried it alone with toasted bread and it's "eatable" (not bad but I can't say it's..."good", it tastes kinda weird...like if it was an hyperconcentrated peanut sauce).

Anything I can combine with it to make it better for tomorrow's breakfast? Mixed with Strawberry jam it's even good....dunno if I should try with honey or even with Nutella. I need some Ideas US-Gaf!
Canadian Peanut butter enthusiast here, I do toasted bread, Crunchy PB on one side , nutella on the other and sliced bananas in the middle , That with a glass of milk and you have the tastiest breakfast ever.

I_D

Peanut Butter vs chocolate and sugar....

Not the best comparison, I'd say.

Just did a double-check to make sure I wasn't talking out of my ass: Nutella has as much sugar-per-gram as a Hershey bar.

Cybrwzrd

Banned
Not in my country. Breakfast is bread (+butter, jam, honey, Nutella...), cookies, and cereals.

Will try PB on burger next time I eat them tho...can't imagine the taste of the mixture.

Bacon holds no cultural boundaries. It is an all meals kind of food.

highrider

Banned
Peanut butter isn’t cake frosting like Nutella, totally different sweet level.

I like taking peanut butter and blending it with local honey in a saucepan, I can control the sweetness. I love it for breakfast or a late snack, I need to pick up some!

dreader

Neo Member
Try peanut butter and banana on toast :) also, try another nut butter like Almond or cashew butter on toast with banana... that's delicious! If you need a little helping hand, a little butter on the bread before you put your PB or nut butter is good too - a little rich but still yummy

Duallusion

I'm happy to eat PB (the crunchy kind) with a spoon without anything else so what do I know...
besides the fact that it's awesome.

hargwood

Banned
A couple of nice farmhouse slices, toasted with some sea salt butter and peanut butter on top. One of the goat brunches. You are obviously from the continent and thus have no righ to an opinion.

Top Bottom