• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Finally played MK DS online

Had an absolute blast. Lots of fun and the best part *looks at MS* it's free. Sure it doesn't have all the features of Live but quite frankly I don't care. I have Live and it's a great service no doubt but I won't ever pay for it again once my subscription expires.

Um...yeah thats it. Just felt like sharing.

Bring on Wii MK.

Is there are any way to turn off the infinite spin change in Tetris DS? I won't buy Tetris again until they get rid of that crap.

Jonnyram

Wario64 said:
I find DS online games boring except for Tetris DS. Tetris DS is the best online DS game
I agree with you.
The main reasons they're boring are:
- poor friend system makes it a pain in the ass to track friends and play with them
- lack of a scoring/ranking system

The actual games themselves are sound, but as Tetris shows, the scoring system introduces more of a competitive element into playing with complete strangers.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
I also like how Tetris DS doesn't show you how many times you've lost. I would just keep playing even though I was on a losing streak

I must have had the longest Tetris DS game a couple night ago with some ~7000 ranker. We had a single game going on for like 10 minutes at least...it got to the point where the blocks were falling pretty fast. Good stuff.

Tetris DS is very fast in searching for a game too and I rarely have to deal with quitters (unless I'm playing the 4 player mode, which I don't like very much)

echoshifting said:
Is there are any way to turn off the infinite spin change in Tetris DS? I won't buy Tetris again until they get rid of that crap.

You will never, ever, buy a Tetris game for the rest of your days.

Unless the creator dies.

Brannon

If you don't like the infinite spin, then definitely play online; it forces the block in place after a certain amount of time (2-3 seconds).

Chairman Yang

if he talks about books, you better damn well listen
All that is needed for DS multiplayer to kick ass is for the next installment of Advance Wars to support online play.

I thought i'd probably not resubscribe to Live when I first got it, but now i think as long as there's an Xbox Live i'll be on. It's rare that things live up to the hype, Live is the real thing though, such a breeze to use, adds much more to the gaming experience imo.

Top Bottom