• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Finally saw Mystic River

Status
Not open for further replies.
A bit overrated, but still a damn fine film. All three male leads really owned the film, especially Sean Penn (though he was better in 21 Grams).

DON'T GET IN THE CAR!!

Pattergen

Yeah, I saw that tonight too. Interesting film. Can't decide if I like it or not. Dragged out a bit, and didn't quite deliver in the end.

I liked it enough, but the ending was given away way too earlier in the movie.
When the cops play the tape of the 911 call, and you hear the kid talking to someone, but hear no reply back... You knew it was the mute kid and his friend.

Yeah, I thought that was pretty obvious too. At least they didn't get to Jimmy at the LAST POSSIBLE SECOND "NO WAIT HE'S INNOCENT!!" Cos that would've been pretty lame...

nitewulf

i liked it a lot, totally predictable but that wasnt the point of the movie. i thought the movie was more about how relationships between people change over a period of time rather than a mystery drama. the acting by everyone, specially tim robbins and sean penn totally blew me away.

KingGondo

Banned
Kinda not-related, but I met Tim Robbins a couple months ago:

I go to Oklahoma State, and I got to go to the Final Four in San Antonio with the Basketball Band (\m/), and Eddie Sutton (our head coach) invited him to come to the game (apparently, his son picked us to win the national title).

Anyway, we lost the first game, but he ended up riding the BAND BUS back to his hotel--he sat *directly* in front of me on our charter bus; it was strange, but he seemed like a really down-to-earth type of guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom