• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Finished Bloodborne 9 years later

The Dude

Got the plat for the main game, and finished old hunters 100% and wow what an absolute gem of a game. I'm sure it may have been talked to death by this point but I find it nuts we never even got a 60 fps patch for this gem, or even an actual mention of a remaster. 9 years is a long time imo and yet nothing but it still was a gem of a game to finish.

Some of the world set pieces, atmosphere, ambiance, just incredible for any game to date.

All around incredible experience, I'm annoyed for being so sidetracked back then... But it's a crime there's simply been no word of anything for this game in the way of a remaster.

The game while challenging I thought was pretty fair overall, never really ran into to many situations where it felt totally cheap.

In any case, great ride... If you never played it still think in 2024 it's a must play game 👍

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
200.gif

It only took you 9 years.....:messenger_winking_tongue:

Last edited:

The Dude

200.gif

It only took you 9 years.....:messenger_winking_tongue:
I probably should've waited for that even 10 years to really make a splash 💦😅

I been a destiny main all these years... Bloodborne was in the corner of my brain the whole time like I need to get back to that. Finally this year I broke free right around Diablo 4 dropped and the amount of gaming I been able to catch up on is staggering when letting go of fomo from D2.

The Dude

I finally finished it in December for the first time along with the dlc. Trying to play Elden ring after was a challenge. Bloodborne’s combat is so much better imo.
It was kind of opposite for I felt ER prepped me for BB, I just recently did the same got the plat in ER and then hopped back to bloodborne and man some of those fights in elden ring really gave me a run for my money, like malenia.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I been a destiny main all these years
I see...............
maomao-slap.gif

If It was Monster Hunter that would be understandable....but Destiny.....Destiny!? you chose that fucking game over Bloodborne!?

I should just.....
6f4842b89fe27c032cce31b18f0bc797.gif

Last edited:

The Dude

I see...............
maomao-slap.gif

If It was Monster Hunter that would be understandable....but Destiny.....Destiny!? you chose that fucking game over Bloodborne!?

I should just.....
6f4842b89fe27c032cce31b18f0bc797.gif

I was dug in like an Alabama tick man 😂 I got like 6k hours in destiny... It was mainly the pvp and just fomo.. But I know, that over BB is a crime against humanity

Kusarigama

Good job. I need to finish it as well. I am very close to the end. I've put it on hold for 4-5 yrs now though. Did you take any long hiatus during your completion?

Svejk

Nice! Congrats! Yeah, I put it off about 3-4 years ago when PS5 hit; in hopes for dat boost... Still waiting. Been contemplating whether waiting longer or just finally jump back in and complete it.. was about 70% through it.

The Dude

Nice! Congrats! Yeah, I put it off about 3-4 years ago when PS5 hit; in hopes for dat boost... Still waiting. Been contemplating whether waiting longer or just finally jump back in and complete it.. was about 70% through it.
Honestly that's why I jumped back I was about 50% thru and I figured let me see how it feels and even tho I'm a major fps snob it was worth it, I got used to it fairly quick but I don't think I would've started it at 0% at 30 fps. But if you're at 70 honestly I'd say pound it out it's worth it! 👍

Ywap

PC versions of Bloodborne and Demon Souls must be in the works behind the scenes right?

Would they really pass on all those $$$ considering how popular the genre is on PC?

Last edited:

Rickyiez

Congrats you just finished one of the best game ever made. A masterpiece I would say.

Unfortunately no, after 9 years I have accepted that its already buried with PS4.

Their source code was probably stored in the backyard of Miyazaki and he burnt it due to a vow with the Cosmic that there will never be a game as good as Bloodborne.

Last edited:

angrod14

That late area with the hidden three ringing bell chicks was complete BS and terrible game design. Nightmare of Mensis was also too rough initially. Otherwise great game.

Congrats on clearing it. Bloodborne is my #1 favorite Souls. Did you fight the Moon Presence???

Imo: Bloodborne > Elden Ring/DS3 >Demon's Souls/DS1 > DS2.

Just finish it. You can play a different build/playstyle the next time around that'll be just as fun, regardless of whether a remaster, remake, or sequel ever comes out.

ungalo

Finished it last year. Great game no doubt, probably my favorite FS game after Dark Souls.

Although it's far from perfect really but the game is almost 10 years old.

Top Bottom