• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT2| PAL reinforcements

pariah164

tbjFZvl.jpg
HNNNNNNNGH

Conor 419

Banned
Guys, I've 'lost' two characters early game, but both have referenced withdrawal from the battlefield as actually opposed to death, what's up with that? Early game shenanigans?

Also, do the battles get big later on?

Oh, and did anyone find that critical gif?

ohlawd

Guys, I've 'lost' two characters early game, but both have referenced withdrawal from the battlefield as actually opposed to death, what's up with that? Early game shenanigans?

Just pretend they lost an arm and leg.
Missing limbs = can't fight = can't use in a party = basically death

The maps? Yup and with more units.

I'd like to know what this is.

Doesn't seem like it.

Yes, no more teams at all. It'd be a nice surprise to get an Others 2 though... it shouldn't be hard to implement considering how they're all just avatars with custom stats and skills, and old art for portraits. On the other hand, the Spotpass notification updates have had some pretty big mistakes before in their descriptions, and this would be just an implication, so that line most likely doesn't mean anything.

Aww, thanks for answering.

Are you playing on Casual? If not, then... IDK. :|

oh yeah casual... well can't help on that one. Maybe that's the answer.

Never touching Casual unless you threatened or bribed me with monies.

pariah164

Are you playing on Casual? If not, then... IDK. :|

mandiller

Can you change the difficulty settings on the fly? So if I choose the medium difficulty can I knock it down to easy later on if I'm finding it too hard?

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
No? Classic Hard, no way would I play casual.

I lost the Mage lady and she was like 'lol gonna withdraw', so....

Mother and main story characters don't actually "die"

Can you change the difficulty settings on the fly? So if I choose the medium difficulty can I knock it down to easy later on if I'm finding it too hard?

You can't.

ohlawd

Good man. Then there you go, just refer back to my old post :p

Y'know what they say about people with big hands....

big feet

:3

Nope. Have to start over if you want to change difficulties and the classic/casual modes.

mandiller

Nope. Have to start over if you want to change difficulties and the classic/casual modes.

Ahh damn. I'm planning to play on newcomer mode and normal difficulty. Does the difficulty naturally ramp up towards later levels or is the game pretty much a cake walk for the average player on normal?

NeonZ

None of the female characters who can have children, or male characters who have any role in the main story after joining your team have death quotes, just retreat quotes. If you're playing on Classic, they still become unavailable though and you won't be able to use them anymore.

ohlawd

Ahh damn. I'm planning to play on newcomer mode and normal difficulty. Does the difficulty naturally ramp up towards later levels or is the game pretty much a cake walk for the average player on normal?

Sadly, it gets easier no matter what difficulty you're on even without factoring in DLC.

When DLC gets included in, oh mah gawd you can beat this game with your eyes closed, hands behind your back while getting a foot massage.

I think you should create another thread for that discussion.
And I was thinking this one would be spared.
Oh well *sigh*

See ya.

The only character that i lost so far is the Troubadour Ojou-chan in the early chapters, She had a similar "sorry, gotta withdraw" message.

Though i am at chapter 16 and i didnt see her since...

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Wait, so the Constitution character stat, Weight weapon stat and Rescue action are all gone?

Pair up replaced rescue, though it works differently so you can't hit-and-hide. But constitution and weapon weight were removed in FE12 and were not brought back for this game.

Wiseblade

Pair up replaced rescue, though it works differently so you can't hit-and-hide. But constitution and weapon weight were removed in FE12 and were not brought back for this game.

I definitely won't miss Con and Weight, but I've always liberally abused Rescue in the past. It's going to be weird adjusting to not having it.

ohlawd

EU cover for FE:A is not good, man. Look at it, it ain't even full screen.

Jelly at the artbook though. I didn't get mine months back. Stupid eb, probably forgot it on the way there.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
I definitely won't miss Con and Weight, but I've always liberally abused Rescue in the past. It's going to be weird adjusting to not having it.

I used it a lot too, especially against boss units. But oddly enough I had almost no trouble adjusting to it's absence in Awakening. Might be easier than you think.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
All spoilers are to be tagged, or make a spoiler thread.

Constitution was kicked out in the first DS FE game, FE11.

Weapon weight was kicked out in FE12.

They also switched out/kicked out the weapon weight and constitution relationship for attack speed starting in FE9 onwards.

javac

EU cover for FE:A is not good, man. Look at it, it ain't even full screen.

Jelly at the artbook though. I didn't get mine months back. Stupid eb, probably forgot it on the way there.

I didn't realise the EU box-art had a lot less on it hmmm. But still it's Fire Emblem! It wasn't even a year ago Reggie was all hush about it, at least we got it in the west :p

The artbook is pretty nice, the EU one is hardback!

It was a pre-order bonus :( Maybe eBay if people put them up?

I also got another similar art book with the 5 disc soundtrack I imported from CDJapan which I recommend you all do!

I Kinda want to have it in English :[ Unless there isn't anything extra (text wise) in it i might import it from CDJapan.

Is this like other games where some characters are not very good overall, or is every single character good in their own way?

And looks like Weight has been removed.

TWILT

Banned
Also, one of my characters just doesn't have a weapon, what's up with that?

Who? If it's Vaike, he's supposed to have no weapon. It's part of a mini trade tutorial in chapter 2.

Speaking of useful characters, When is the best time to level up Donnel? he is over lvl 20 and still a villager.

You should probably reclass him to Mercenary right now. Level 20 is more than good enough.

Speaking of useful characters, When is the best time to level up Donnel? he is over lvl 20 and still a villager.

Class change him after level 15, where he learns his last villager skill.

Or anytime afterwards once he starts capping everything.

You can also class change him at 30 right into his promoted classes if you are willing to stick with that horrible speed cap of 19.

ohlawd

Class change him after level 15, where he learns his last villager skill.

Or anytime afterwards once he starts capping everything.

You can also class change him at 30 right into his promoted classes if you are willing to stick with that horrible speed cap of 19.

Everyone always says change at 15 for his last skill but his 2nd skill is so useless. The bolded should be the answer everytime. It just so happens he starts capping at around that level so I guess it's more convenient to say reclass at lvl 15 when he learns his 2nd skill.

19 speed cap, what a beast. With that 66% Armsthrift proc.

javac

I Kinda want to have it in English :[ Unless there isn't anything extra (text wise) in it i might import it from CDJapan.

Well I had a flick through the book and apart from a little intro on the first page the rest of the pages are just images with no text like the one I posted above with character poses, sketches , some poster-art etc with the only text is the name of the character in English and a signature.

Another gaffer posted a few pics of it here.

Here's the soundtrack I got with a glimpse of the book you get with it.

I think the Japanese Soundtrack art book just has the track-listing in Japanese in regards to text.

It's 2am so if you want I'll take some more pics of them both tomorrow!

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Donnel should be reclassed to Mercenary ASAP. It has better growths and class base stats than villager. There is literally no reason to keep him as a villager beyond level 15, and I'd argue even Underdog isn't worth not relcassing at 10, since Donnel really doesn't need it.

All spoilers are to be tagged, or make a spoiler thread.

What constitutes as a spoiler? I think that gets difficult in this game since one gameplay mechanic is sort of a story spoiler. But I think everyone already knows about it by now anyway.

Chrom

Is this like other games where some characters are not very good overall, or is every single character good in their own way?

And looks like Weight has been removed.

They abolished Weight and Constitution, and in turn, Attack Speed. Now doubling is just Speed >5.

Gvaz

Banned
Everyone always says change at 15 for his last skill but his 2nd skill is so useless. The bolded should be the answer everytime. It just so happens he starts capping at around that level so I guess it's more convenient to say reclass at lvl 15 when he learns his 2nd skill.

19 speed cap, what a beast. With that 66% Armsthrift proc.

Nah, Underdog is neato. On early levels +20 dodge is nothing to sneeze at.

Top Bottom