• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT| Mount Breeding Simulator

This almost makes too much sense.

Hardy Bearing 3
Phantom Speed 3
Double Spur
Double Distant Defense 3
Double Breath of Life 3
Double Ploy

And then maybe seals get multiple paths. So Spurs become Drives or 2-stat Spurs. Or maybe even 2-stat Drives. Then that Fortify Res 1 seal can be transformed into a Fortify Def/Res 2 or dare I say a Buff Atk/Res 2.

PK Gaming

Summer Corrin, Cordelia, Cherche, and Elincia. All have reposition too. Just hard to use it in maps with breakable walls and defense tiles everywhere. Even on all flat arena areas, it's hard to figure out how to get in range of Rein/Lyn, kill them, then reposition out in the first turn before either of them instant kill you with or without a dancer. And the best tanks for the job (at least against Rein) is a unit that will require you sacrifice a 5* unit to get it done or a exclusive unit I won't be able to get until next spring.

Sorry for all the complaining, it's just frustrating is all. My horse teams have spoiled me.

Maps like the one Mupod posted are pretty much a lost cause, but you should be able to overcome Lyn + Reinhardt on flat maps with your team. Cordelia, Cherche and Elincia can kill both Reinhardt and Lyn on initiation, while retreating back with Hit and Run, where you can then pull them back even further with Reposition. Corrin can kill Reinhardt + Firesweep Lyn. It works in reverse too; you can Reposition closer to Rein + Lyn in order to kill them, then have another unit pull them back. The trick is to take them both out in one fell swoop. Since fliers immediately aggro Lyn, you can manipulate her into attack range fairly easily. Even better, if she splits up from Reinhardt.

Pejo

So can someone link me to an explanation, or explain these new support things? Like one where I pick my favorite unit, and one where I pick 2 units to become friends?

I picked B.Lyn and Cecelia to be friends, and they leveled up their bond already. Do they always get the buffs or does it only count if they're next to each other?

Also, I picked Ninian for my favorite or whatever, and her border went pink. What does this do in gameplay terms?

So can someone link me to an explanation, or explain these new support things? Like one where I pick my favorite unit, and one where I pick 2 units to become friends?

I picked B.Lyn and Cecelia to be friends, and they leveled up their bond already. Do they always get the buffs or does it only count if they're next to each other?

Also, I picked Ninian for my favorite or whatever, and her border went pink. What does this do in gameplay terms?
Ninian gets buffs at all times based on her rank with you.

Supported together characters (at srank) get +1 all stats when 2 spaces apart, and +2all stats when side by side. No bonuses when further

If you touch the "?" icon on the Summoner & Ally support screens, it explains everything pretty explicitly as well.

Summoner Support gives a single unit flat stats.
C: HP+3, Res+2
B: HP+4, Def/Res+2
A: HP+4, Spd/Def/Res+2
S: HP+5, Atk/Spd/Def/Res+2

Ally Support gives two units a personal Drive/Spur when they fight nearby of each other..
Adjacent ally units get:
C: Res+2
B: Def/Res+2
A: Spd/Def/Res+2
S: Atk/Spd/Def/Res+2

Ally units one space away get:
C: Res+1
B: Def/Res+1
A: Spd/Def/Res+1
S: Atk/Spd/Def/Res+1

And ally units further away then that get nothing.

Pejo

Ninian gets buffs at all times based on her rank with you.

Supported together characters (at srank) get +1 all stats when 2 spaces apart, and +2all stats when side by side. No bonuses when further

If you touch the "?" icon on the Summoner & Ally support screens, it explains everything pretty explicitly as well.

Thanks guys, very helpful! I think I might switch up my friendships a bit now, after understanding a little better.

*Edit* thanks to you too Senor - very easy to understand.

kewlmyc

Maps like the one Mupod posted are pretty much a lost cause, but you should be able to overcome Lyn + Reinhardt on flat maps with your team. Cordelia, Cherche and Elincia can kill both Reinhardt and Lyn on initiation, while retreating back with Hit and Run, where you can then pull them back even further with Reposition. Corrin can kill Reinhardt + Firesweep Lyn. It works in reverse too; you can Reposition closer to Rein + Lyn in order to kill them, then have another unit pull them back. The trick is to take them both out in one fell swoop. Since fliers immediately aggro Lyn, you can manipulate her into attack range fairly easily. Even better, if she splits up from Reinhardt.

Having a hard time mentally picturing this since Lyn and Rein have 3 movement compared to two, so closing in on them with fliers and then backing off the start of the first turn seems impossible due to movement limitations, but I'll have plenty of chances to test this out tomorrow. Thanks.

Kitoro

So, we've seen the most popular characters roll in with multiple versions, between originals, holiday, and CYL versions.

Will Nintendo be able to maintain momentum off of holiday units and new releases for the remaining unreleased characters with decent new abilities for the foreseeable future, or is it time to start mixing things up a bit more? Halloween and Christmas themed units based on the usual favorites will definitely make for some nice boosts in sales, but I think it's time for some major new mechanics.

Does anyone think we'll see 6* units within the next few months? I'm wondering how else they can maintain interest without countless more Lucina/Ike/Camilla/etc. additions.

Draxal

So, we've seen the most popular characters roll in with multiple versions, between originals, holiday, and CYL versions.

Will Nintendo be able to maintain momentum off of holiday units and new releases for the remaining unreleased characters with decent new abilities for the foreseeable future, or is it time to start mixing things up a bit more? Halloween and Christmas themed units based on the usual favorites will definitely make for some nice boosts in sales, but I think it's time for some major new mechanics.

Does anyone think we'll see 6* units within the next few months? I'm wondering how else they can maintain interest without countless more Lucina/Ike/Camilla/etc. additions.

It does make me kinda worried tbh. What bothers me is that they're burning GHB units faster than they should have been. Something like Petrine will be a let down after Black Knight.

Free pull was 4* Sheena, and since my session had no colourless, I decided to pull the rest. Got a 5* Fae (+atk -res), 3* Jagen, 3* Beruka, and 4* Hinata. So not too bad. I'm in desperate need of Fury so I may even settle for Fury 2 from a promoted Jagen.

Semajer

6* units would suck. I think they're more likely to just continue altering the meta with new skills, weapons, and alt. units rather than just boost the stats of existing characters across the board with another tier of unit.

Speaking of alt. units what characters would you like to see in the Halloween banner? I've seen ideas like dullahan Eldigan and burning scarecrow Sigurd which I like.

Draxal

6* units would suck. I think they're more likely to just continue altering the meta with new skills, weapons, and alt. units rather than just boost the stats of existing characters across the board with another tier of unit.

Speaking of alt. units what characters would you like to see in the Halloween banner? I've seen ideas like dullahan Eldigan and burning scarecrow Sigurd which I like.

I think witch Corrin is a lock if cipher has anything to deal with it.

Anyway i'd go Corrin, Hector, "a preview' unit from Tellius like maybe a foot lance Mia, and and Marth.

Kitoro

6* units would be a fast track to me uninstalling

Even if a good portion of existing 5* base characters are able to be promoted to 6* with all those hundreds upon hundreds of badges we're sitting on?

I get the feeling that's what the badges will be used for. Promoting select existing 5* to 6* once the base 6* units roll out.

I'd imagine 6* units wouldn't see a huge boost in stats, but mainly have leader skills that shake up the meta. Maybe mono-element team bonuses and whatnot. Nothing game-breaking, but rather something new to aspire to, and something to burn those badges on.

Nohar

Free pull gave me Gunther 4*. Meh.

I'm looking for a good red unit. I guess I should wait for better banners? Could really use a good magic user too*. Oh well.
The game is quite fun, despite being quite limited (only 4 units, small maps). It will do the trick to keep me occupied while on transports, at least.

* Wait... The "free" Sophia can actually turn out decent/good? Wut? - Nah, nevermind, too much effort to make her worthwhile.

I wonder how they will address pool dilution.

Maybe split the pool, distributing good and bad heroes into each pool, while keeping the rates the same? You could arrange them by game.

kswiston

6-star units will for sure happen. Rarity creep has happened in every gatcha game that I have played.

However, it doesn't need to happen yet. Maybe after the first year. Another option is to keep the 5-star cap, but offer weapon upgrading.

Which amounts to the same thing, but won't piss of the whales with the +10 5-star characters.

Kitoro

6-star units will for sure happen. Rarity creep has happened in every gatcha game that I have played.

However, it doesn't need to happen yet. Maybe after the first year. Another option is to keep the 5-star cap, but offer weapon upgrading.

Which amounts to the same thing, but won't piss of the whales with the +10 5-star characters.

There's no reason 6* upgraded units wouldn't retain their +10 rating when upgraded, and fusing a 5* dupe into them would still +1 them at 6*. The whales would rest easy in such a case, should all 53 available 5* base units receive 6* promotions.

Nohar

Went on a pulling spree on a whim on the banner showcasing Ike, Ninian and Julia. Because I wanted Ike (duh). Here are the results:
  • Lyn 5*. Uuuuuuuh?! LYYYYYN--- Oh. B-tier. Don't care, that's my Lyn.
  • Nowi 4*. Urg. I dislike her character.
  • Effie 4*. Dupe.
  • Ninian 5*. YAAAAAAAS QUEEN! Gorgeous art btw.
  • Maria 4*. *shrugs*
Well, I still have no idea how to build a decent team, but I have more tools to play with now.

By the way, dragons inflict physical or magic damage?

Mupod

Went on a pulling spree on a whim on the banner showcasing Ike, Ninian and Julia. Because I wanted Ike (duh). Here are the results:
  • Effie 4*. Dupe.
  • Ninian 5*. YAAAAAAAS QUEEN!
  • Maria 4*. *shrugs*
Well, I still have no idea how to build a decent team, but I have more tools to play with now.

Wow, new players still have access to hero fest? Huh.

Ninian's a great unit to have, can never have too many dancers.

Tripon

• Effie 4*. Dupe.
  • Ninian 5*. YAAAAAAAS QUEEN!
  • Maria 4*. *shrugs*
Hero fest banner still up for new accounts, huh. That's is cool.

Shinypogs

I want an all villains Halloween banner. Less cutesy outfits more intimidation.

6* units would probs kill me.

Also a dancer GHB would be sweet. Theme it like Nils, lalum etc gets captured and has to work for the enemy and we have to win to save them but! We have to eliminate the enemy without killing them in the process. Is would have to not equip a weapon on them then since dancer Ai will sometimes suicide into combat and that's a harder variable to account for.

Enemy dancers are hard to workaround but also satisfying to beat in this game.

Kitoro

I can't help but to expect to see Camilla in a skimpy-ish devil/grim reaper costume as a spear user that actually appears as a scythe. Probably a character riding a flying pumpkin dragon, too. Also, a less confident character acting awkward as hell in full ghost sheet garb. Oh, and a skeleton horse riding cavalry unit, of course.

Nohar

Oh yeah, thats the banner you should be pulling on ... didn't know it was up for new accounts.

Well, considering I just got Ninian and Lyn (off-banner), do you advise me to keep trying my luck on that one or to keep my orbs for the time being? I'm quite happy with my current pulls, and since FE:H is a gacha game, we all know that better units are going to be released in the future (probably).

Anyhow, between Brave!Lyn, Lyn, Nephenee and Ninian, I should be able to deal with most threats (well, until I realize that the harder modes and battles require a lot of min-maxing and skill inheritance to be able to beat those).

Julia looks dreamy... That Naga book...

Draxal

Well, considering I just got Ninian and Lyn (off-banner), do you advise me to keep trying my luck on that one or to keep my orbs for the time being? I'm quite happy with my current pulls, and since FE:H is a gacha game, we all know that better units are going to be released in the future (probably).

Anyhow, between Brave!Lyn, Lyn, Nephenee and Ninian, I should be able to deal with most threats (well, until I realize that the harder modes and battles require a lot of min-maxing and skill inheritance to be able to beat those).

Julia looks dreamy... That Naga book...

I think elincia is the best unit out of both banners, however 5(8?)% > 3(6)% Off rate 5 stars in parenthesis, i forgot if the offrate in herofes gets the bonus boost as well.

Moonlight

Banned
tbh more than anything of the various things you could realistically expect I want a way to add merge bonuses to the story characters

fek

After getting Elincia I decided to finally put my feathers to use in a flier team:
SCorrin was ready because I use her in regular teams anyway.
For SCamilla I gave Raven+, TA3, Reposition, Hone Fliers. Already had G Tomebreaker and Blade+ but I will go with Raven instead. Still need a special.
For Cordelia I gave Goad Fliers, Firesweep+, L&D3, Drag Back, Reposition. Still need a special.
For Elincia: Luna, Hit and Run, Fortify Fliers, Reposition.

Sushen

Ok another flier setup question.

Now I'm considering Elincia, Cordelia, SCam, and SCorin as the team.

I've got 2 fortify and 2 goad fliers. What would be the best distribution of the c skills?

explodet

Free pull on the Death Blow banner got me a Kagero. Maybe I'll save this one in case a good dagger user is coming in the future (lol).

Top Bottom