• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Question

8bit

Knows the Score
I've just played through the first ten chapters of FE on the GBA, but towards the end of chapter 10, Sain was killed just before I defeated the boss guy.
Will he turn up later, or do I need to redo the level?

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
Chapter 10 as in, your still playing as the girl (lyn is it?) if so then dont worry, the real game hasnt started yet.

I've got a question. It says in the pre-fight menu that I can trade with merlinus, but i cant find any sort of way to do that. I know i'm missing somthing very obvious, but i dont know what.

amrum

8bit said:
I've just played through the first ten chapters of FE on the GBA, but towards the end of chapter 10, Sain was killed just before I defeated the boss guy.
Will he turn up later, or do I need to redo the level?

Nope i think he's gone for ever
dead.gif

I'm on chapter 27 or 28 & i still have all my men
duel3.gif

Newbie, what chapter are you playing ?

AniHawk

Newbie said:
I've got a question. It says in the pre-fight menu that I can trade with merlinus, but i cant find any sort of way to do that. I know i'm missing somthing very obvious, but i dont know what.

Make sure he's out there on the playing field during a chapter. You can go to his tent and get whatever items you need. He just stores them though, as far as I know. He doesn't sell you new stuff or anything..

Newbie, what chapter are you playing ?

I'm on chapter 23, and btw what do I need to promote Hector, he's on level 20 and i want to get him to great lord

Edit:
Make sure he's out there on the playing field during a chapter. You can go to his tent and get whatever items you need. He just stores them though, as far as I know. He doesn't sell you new stuff or anything..

I know you can trade with him during the battle, i'm just wondering if you can do the same in the pre-fight menu

You need a Heaven Seal to upgrade your Lords. They're storybased, you'll get one soon.

As for Merlinus trading, go to trade with your characters. There will be an option now that says "transfer". That'll let you trade with Merlinus there.

You can even sell crap with him before a battle to clear up space.

Dragona Akehi said:
You need a Heaven Seal to upgrade your Lords. They're storybased, you'll get one soon.

As for Merlinus trading, go to trade with your characters. There will be an option now that says "transfer". That'll let you trade with Merlinus there.

You can even sell crap with him before a battle to clear up space.

thanks

DrGAKMAN

Banned
I've had characters fall and then restarted the chapter they fall in, but I noticed that when you beat the first part of the game (getting Lyn to her grandfather) that they have like a ranking or something and they actually tally how many times you've lost a certain character, even when you've reset to start that chapter over. Does this mean that all my efforts in keeping all my team alive are wasted?

Also, with Merlinus, you can trade all of your weopons & items to him by selecting I think "give all" or "trade all" with each character from the roster screen. Then I select the character's I choose to take into battle that chapter and then go to trade with merlinus and get each character's gear together for the battle...that way characters that aren't in battle that chapter can have their weopons/items available to characters who ARE in battle...in case you're low on supplies that is.

Once your merchant is deployed you don't have as much freedom in trading items with him before a chapter starts. You have to be standing next to his tent and forfit a turn to trade with him. But it's conveiniant to have him on the feild 'cos if you have a character who's got alot of items already they allow you to somehow give extra ones that you win, find, trade or buy along the way to Merlinus. So let's say your paladin (who should be loaded with weopons as he can use all sorts of them) doesn't have any spaces left for items/weopons defeats someone who leaves behind a rare weopon...it can be transfered to your merchant right on the spot without losing it.

Azih

I got more than halfway through the game a while ago, plan to pick it up again but you know what? Screw this.

I love the game, i love the strategy and I love the tension in trying to keep every one of your characters alive. But dammit I can't handle the shopping mid battle, especailly since Shopping is necessary because weapons break.

I always managed to get really high rankings in all the battles I played but I just don't want to have the hassle of sending one of my units around to shops when they could be fighting the enemy instead. Add to that the ludicrously high requirements of the Support system and the fact that the only reliable way to level up your characters is the colosieum (which plays hell with your rankings) and I'm sorry but the game asks me to make too many tradeoffs.

Top Bottom