• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Warriors: Sakura revealed, new gameplay info, History Mode detailed

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
With the last Fates sibling confirmed*, I'm guessing they will probably start tackling the Shadow Dragon cast soon.

* There's three hero reveals at TGS, so I'm assuming one from each game. Presumably Azura will be there for Fates.

fire-emblem-warriors_u7k1o.jpg

Scans describing the story and systems are starting to appear, can't link them but in one of them you can see Validar from Fire Emblem Awakening (non-playable apparently but might be a boss or something).
EDIT : thanks to Blackkite here :
- Class Change confirmed, also by using Master Seal item. Shion/Rowan (& Lianna) can promote from Lord to Master Lord.
- will have Skill system. Can equip up to 3 skills. Skills are unlocked by bonding with other characters.
- has Emblem Shop system, apparently involving using materials & permanent stat boosts... need better scan to scrutinize
- History Mode is separate from Story Mode. It retells the original story of each FE game featured.
- In History Mode you'd move charas on 2D grids like the original SRPG. When ally adjacent to enemy, battle will trigger
- Famitsu shows that Validar will appear but as enemy NPC. Scenes in History Mode will also be fully voiced.
- And Famitsu notes that this History Mode map is from Shadow Dragon. Hope we can get better look at tomorrow's HQ scans

History mode sounds like the equivalent of Adventure mode in Hyrule Warriors, but with an actual story.

Zero-ELEC

Banned
- History Mode is separate from Story Mode. It retells the original story of each FE game featured.
- In History Mode you'd move charas on 2D grids like the original SRPG. When ally adjacent to enemy, battle will trigger
- Famitsu shows that Validar will appear but as enemy NPC. Scenes in History Mode will also be fully voiced.
- And Famitsu notes that this History Mode map is from Shadow Dragon. Hope we can get better look at tomorrow's HQ scans

Interesting...

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free

Welp....guess this game is on my radar again.
Seems to have a bit more content than i expected early on.

//ARCANUM

The only bad thing about this game is that it's coming out a week before Mario Odyssey! How will I have time for all DEEZ GAMEZZZZZ?

Moonlight

Banned
They were saving the best royal for last, I see. Hopefully we get a trailer for her soon enough.

History mode sounds dope, though. 2D grid map movement and scenarios based on all the other titles seems like it'll be super duper cool.

Effect

I mean, if Hyrule Warriors was any indication, content was never gonna be something this lacked.

In fact like Hyrule Warriors it's easy for there to be so much of it you just can't finish it all. Good problem to have I feel.

I want to get this game. Will be playing as much as I can before Mario drops since I know I'll be busy with that until Xenoblade releases. I'm just dreading the DLC cost for Fire Emblem Warriors. No way the season pass for this is $20. I think we might be hit with a $50 one here or they don't do one at all and it looks like the 3DS games with a lot of packs or individual pieces which can hurt if you feel like you need everything/

Waggles

I mean, if Hyrule Warriors was any indication, content was never gonna be something this lacked.
For real. Hyrule Warriors is the most content rich of the musou bunch, shy of Orochi 3 perhaps.

I'm still holding out hope that HW gets the remaster/rerelease treatment. I never got around to finishing even half the dlc, and I'd love a switch version with stable framerate and all the content from 3DS version.

PK Gaming

And the starting lords get to promote and gain new weapons too.

Maybe this game won't disappoint after all, eh?? Lots of stuff to play with it seems.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Azura cries in a corner.

Haha, I mean, I'm assuming they're saving Azura and Tharja as two of the three TGS reveals listed on Koei Tecmo's streaming schedule, with the third presumably being from Shadow Dragon.

Meanwhile we're still sitting at one Shadow Dragon character.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Nice. I wonder what History Mode looks like for Fates, with the multiple routes and all. I wonder if it will do a good job retelling the story, or will just play like Adventure Mode of Hyrule Warriors.

So, the core game looks like it will just be characters from Awakening, Fates, and Shadow Dragon, correct?

kewlmyc

So, are Male Corrin and Female Robin just skins or do they actively play a part in the story alongside their opposite sex counterparts?

Haha, I mean, I'm assuming they're saving Azura and Tharja as two of the three TGS reveals listed on Koei Tecmo's streaming schedule, with the third presumably being from Shadow Dragon.

At least Tiki is semi confirmed, but yeah I get it. We need some original Fire Emblem characters already.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
So, are Male Corrin and Female Robin just skins or do they actively play a part in the story alongside their opposite sex counterparts?

At least Tiki is semi confirmed, but yeah I get it. We need some original Fire Emblem characters already.

Female Robin is only usable outside the story, so presumably Male Corrin is the same.

Draxal

I'm not sure whats going on tbh.

We know marth's va is going to be at TGS.

Don't think Tharja will be revealed as she will be a "villian" initially.

I'm expecting 4 more Shadow Dragon characters with one of them being Navarre (also a villain).

Eliseo

Are they even needed? Going by FEH all you need is Camilla and Ike (can't believe the skinny ass Ike won)

Neoxon

Female Robin is only usable outside the story, so presumably Male Corrin is the same.
Safe assumption, though the image shows Male Corrin associated with Hoshido, with Female Corrin siding with Nohr. Maybe there's some choice involved.

Either way, I'm guessing that we'll get Azura, Tharja, & Tiki at TGS.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Safe assumption, though the image shows Male Corrin associated with Hoshido, with Female Corrin siding with Nohr. Maybe there's some choice involved.

Either way, I'm guessing that we'll get Azura, Tharja, & Tiki at TGS.

IS actually has been pretty consistent with that, in most of their media Female Corrin is on the Nohr side, and Male Corrin on the Hoshido side. You can see it reflected in the box art for Fates, and in Fire Emblem Heroes.

Neoxon

IS actually has been pretty consistent with that, in most of their media Female Corrin is on the Nohr side, and Male Corrin on the Hoshido side. You can see it reflected in the box art for Fates, and in Fire Emblem Heroes.
Yeah, I actually mentioned that in the other FE Warriors thread.

Weird, two pieces of info that contradict one another. Maybe the European release is English-only?

As I said in the Fire emblem Gamescom trailer thread:

Japan Expo Nintendo representatives are not really trustable, they said with Hyrule warriors in 2014 that the game will have a coop online mode...but it's not the case lol.

Merc_

Folks might not like the roster but you can at least say they're putting in that work in terms of content.

Top Bottom