• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Warriors to get a free JP voice pack, and early DLC details

Maxinas

I really hope this becomes a trend. Optional and free, and a nice gesture to those who’d appreciate the Japanese VA over dubs.

I believe the 3 initial DLC packs will only have Fates, Awakening and Shadow Dragon characters.

Azura, Felicia and Jakob for Fates. Tharja, Severa and Inigo for Awakening. Minerva, Camus and Draug for Shadow Dragon. These are my bets.
Well, you can assume characters that are already in the game, but not yet playable, are going to be DLC characters. So that's Oboro, Niles, Navarre, etc. Data miners already found evidence of supports for Niles, which lends further evidence to this idea. So some of those characters you are expecting won't be in the game, at least not in the first 3 DLC packs.

Kinsei

Banned
Well, you can assume characters that are already in the game, but not yet playable, are going to be DLC characters. So that's Oboro, Niles, Navarre, etc. Data miners already found evidence of supports for Niles, which lends further evidence to this idea. So some of those characters you are expecting won't be in the game, at least not in the first 3 DLC packs.

There's a chance they will be available for free like Cia, Wizzro, and Volga were in Hyrule Warriors.

Doesn't Navarre have the same moveset as Lyn? It would be pretty shitty of them to charge for a clone.

I was expecting them to be released for free with a patch like the enemies in Hyrule Warriors. But now you made me afraid Koei Tecmo can go this route.

Glad that dual audio is day 1. However even though it is much appreciated I might stick with the English voice acting just so I can understand what they are saying without having to look at text while a million things are happening on screen. This will be the first warriors game in a while that actually has English voice acting again which will be kind of nice.

There's a chance they will be available for free like Cia, Wizzro, and Volga were in Hyrule Warriors.

Doesn't Navarre have the same moveset as Lyn? It would be pretty shitty of them to charge for a clone.

I was expecting them to be released for free with a patch like the enemies in Hyrule Warriors. But now you made me afraid Koei Tecmo can go this route.
Oh, that's a fair point. I certainly hope they will be free, but they haven't said anything about free content yet and keep mentioning the paid DLC so idk.

Eolz

It’s really not absurd to not include Japanese voices in a territory that doesn’t speak Japanese. It’s nice to have options but people have to get over this idea that it’s appalling to have dubbed voices.

It's stupid when some people don't speak english either, and when those voice files are in every cartridge anyway (just like with Zelda at launch).

cwistofu

I really hope this becomes a trend. Optional and free, and a nice gesture to those who’d appreciate the Japanese VA over dubs.
Not entirely on topic, but has any company other than Square Enix tried to actually sell Japanese VA as DLC? I remember Square did it for XIII-2 or Lightning Returns (or both?).

So scummy

Reknoc

It's nice to know that there will be a good few new characters. Gonna pass on the voice pack though, bad or not this'll be the first musou game since... 8XL? that I won't miss like 90% of the battle dialog.

NSESN

I will never understand the appeal of playing a game with subs. But either way the game still is lacking for me reconsider a purchase. The dlc being 3 characters only is also sad when they are from games already in.

Yeah, this is pretty standard for Warriors games. Although I would have laughed if Warriors added subbers to list of groups FEW has managed to piss off.

Oh BTW if you're holding out any hope that a DLC pack might include Characters like Ike or Roy as a bonus, an interview 2 weeks ago more or less confirmed those characters are essentially being held hostage for a sequel that may or may not even happen. Here's the reddit thread with the information.

Ridley327

I will never understand the appeal of playing a game with subs. But either way the game still is lacking for me reconsider a purchase. The dlc being 3 characters only is also sad when they are from games already in.

It's three characters per pack, for a total of nine.

Yeah, this is pretty standard for Warriors games. Although I would have laughed if Warriors added subbers to list of groups FEW has managed to piss off.

Oh BTW if you're holding out any hope that a DLC pack might include Characters like Ike or Roy as a bonus, an interview 2 weeks ago more or less confirmed those characters are essentially being held hostage for a sequel that may or may not even happen. Here's the reddit thread with the information.
There was a couple threads on this a while ago.

Kinsei

Banned
Still too little imo. If they are only going to do characters from games already in they could throw us a bone and make give us more.

Eh, with the amount of clones in the base game I'd rather have just a few from each game that are completely unique over even more clones.

There was a couple threads on this a while ago.

I don't recall seeing any threads about that particular bit of information on GAF. Guess I must have missed it. Still at least one person that's posted in this thread seems to not be aware of that so I don't think me posting that is going to cause problems.

Draxal

Not expecting that.

As well the fates pack would then have four characters already (Azura/Oboro/Niles/Iago).

But i'm not getting my hopes up.

Honestly, I thought the fates dub was pretty mediocre especially compared to the Awakening and Echoes dub, and since Fates cast dominate this game, and we're missing the original Vas for Camilla/Hinoka/Lucina.

NSESN

Eh, with the amount of clones in the base game I'd rather have just a few from each game that are completely unique over even more clones.
How do you know the DLC characters aren't clones? I really doubt Owaiin will have an original set.

Sterok

I full expect Navarre, Owain, Oboro, and Niles to be free DLC. I'm not too familiar with Koei's DLC practices, but I don't think even they are scummy enough to charge money for clones mostly already in the game. And then there's Oboro, who isn't a clone, but since she's with the others she should be free as well. Plus the game needs a non-pegasus lance user.

I full expect Navarre, Owain, Oboro, and Niles to be free DLC. I'm not too familiar with Koei's DLC practices, but I don't think even they are scummy enough to charge money for clones mostly already in the game. And then there's Oboro, who isn't a clone, but since she's with the others she should be free as well. Plus the game needs a non-pegasus lance user.

I don't know what they're planning for FEW, but with Hyrule Warriors they had the first three characters that showed up in the story as free DLC (Volga, Cia and Wizzro if I remember rightly) but the catch was they locked all the weapon upgrades for them behind the first DLC adventure map, making them pretty worthless without it.

I've not paid enough attention to FEW to know if they can pull the same type of technically free DLC.

Yes looks like the content is gonna be in line with what we got with Hyrule Warriors. Im gonna spend an insane amount of hours on this game.

Cool! I think I’ll give this one a go with JP voices. The DLC isn’t too badly priced, so I hope I’ll enjoy it as much as the Hyrule Warriors DLC. I still can’t believe this game is mere days away. Looking forward to playing it!

Top Bottom