• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First Bleach: Heat of the Soul 3 Images

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
whoa finally there is bankai. I hope these developers are taking notes from namco and do this game 60fps like Tekken DR. And online play would help tons.

Too bad there are no Hollow boss fights like the grand fisher.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
neojubei said:
whoa finally there is bankai. I hope these developers are taking notes from namco and do this game 60fps like Tekken DR. And online play would help tons.

this is based in the anime show after all so that means, no vaizards no arrancar :(

This is possibly one of the few games that could convince me to splurge the $300+ canadian it costs to get a psp.

Where the first two any good?

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
Tsubasa no Tenshi said:
This is possibly one of the few games that could convince me to splurge the $300+ canadian it costs to get a psp.

It seems Bleach 2 is way better than the first one, but Bleach DS is still the king of the lot. I don't have Heat of the Soul 1 and 2 either, but I'll definitely get 3 for the Bankai.

Matix

Tsubasa no Tenshi said:

-Bleach: HTS-1:
Had potential, but turned out to be pure utter garbage (mainly becuase the shit only had 6 playable characters).

-Bleach: HTS-2:
Recyled the garbage from Bleach 1, and made it somewhat useful. Sadly it didn't add enough to make the game feel like a true sequel, which made it in the end seem like a slight upgrade..

Both games where released in a few months between each other, and scored the same in Famitsu (29/40). Since this game its coming out almost a year later from the the last title, actually seems to have a decent roster, and looks to be improved overall.. it might just be worth the cash (might).

Well it'll take more then 1 game to convince me to by a system (unless that one game happened to be a kick ass pokemon mmorpg) so we shall see how it turns out.

Not that I actually have the money to buy a psp now either way.

Sigh I'd think of importing the ds game if I had the cash.

Hero

Inferior to Naruto: Gekitou Ninja Taisen series on Gamecube. =/

Bleach just can't compare to Naruto in video games either.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Hero said:

:rollseyes: you don't give up.

this new arc has introduced like 20 new characters I can only imagine a Bleach game when the show catch up with the manga 60+ or so playable characters :lol

Hero said:

Honestly how can you expect a HANDHELD game to match up to a CONSOL one?

Yes the Naruto: Gekitou Ninja Taisen games rock. I know since I own the forth one and it's one of my favorte games ever. But I wouldn't expect say the DS to have a naruto fighting game that's just as good.

cvxfreak

Tsubasa no Tenshi said:
Honestly how can you expect a HANDHELD game to match up to a CONSOL one?

B0002FQD7M.09.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

B00009RG3L.09.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
neojubei said:

This statement is ironic since 8ing is developing both. But I guess that's something I shouldn't expect I-cannot-touch-a-Nintendo-product-or-I'll-turn-into-a-drone neojubei to know.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Monorojo said:
Here is hoping for a compilation of 1-3 to hit US sometime in the future.

Nah, here's hoping for a GOOD Bleach PSP sometime in the future. :p Both previous games were crap; basically simplified versions of the Naruto Gekitou Ninja Taisen games on the GC, just not as good. I don't get what's up with 8ing; Dimps was able to do a good job with DBZ Shin Budokai, and Cyber Connect did well enough with Naruto Narutimett Hero Portable, so why couldn't 8ing get Bleach to play as well and have as many features as their Naruto GC games?

If you want a good Bleach fighting game, get Bleach DS.

LegatoB

I wonder if they'll actually manage to keep the framerate up this time. A friend of mine was dumb enough to spend his cash on Heat the Soul 1 when it was new, and if you were fighting against Renji, several of his slash attacks would drop the frame-rate drastically because of the effects on them. It made fighting against (or as!) him a real pain. However, if you used a UMD loader to run the game at 333mhz, all the issues went away and the game was actually somewhat playable. It still wasn't very good, though, and I've heard Heat the Soul 2 didn't fix any of the technical issues from 1. Given the decidedly poor track record for the PSP games (and all other Bleach games aside from Bleach DS), I can't say I'll be rushing out to import this one.

Top Bottom