• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

first Call of Duty: Black Ops 6 teaser

Oppoi

ucneIc7.jpeg
Even for you that's quite the generic AI response.

LordCBH

Is this the rumored Gulf War one?

Black Ops mostly hits, with the exception of 3 and 4, so I am interested.

Mortisfacio

Banned
I haven't played a COD since Modern Warfare 3 in 2011, but if this is on Game Pass I'll check it out just to try and understand why COD has remained so popular.

Grildon Tundy

Gold Member
I don't remember Mt. Rushmore getting vandalized back in 1991. I'm curious to see how that trailer ties into the Gulf War, if the rumors of it being in that setting are true.

Alright, here's my guess, judging from what this shows/the rumors.

It's the 90s, the bad guys are an anti-government militia in that 90s style, maybe Gulf War vets, incensed about "Gulf War syndrome" maybe some flashbacks to their experiences in the Gulf War.

Last edited:

Jakk

I honestly don't get how are people still excited for CoD. I try to at least check it out every year and it almost always seems like the same game with minimal improvements. The last one which felt like a substantial improvement to me was Modern Warfare 2019. Is this one going to be cross-gen again?

kikkis

I honestly don't get how are people still excited for CoD. I try to at least check it out every year and it almost always seems like the same game with minimal improvements. The last one which felt like a substantial improvement to me was Modern Warfare 2019. Is this one going to be cross-gen again?
For me gaming is about quality and not "innovation". If aint broke, dont fix it. Since 2019 revamped animations cod has been by far the best controlling fps.

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
I dunno it’s 90% about gameplay, mechanics, etc. the visuals can be subpar
The Switch 2 is poised to be around PS4 levels of performance and they are contractually obligated to support Nintendo for the next 10 years so are you saying COD fans will be OK having their games held back by PS4 levels of hardware when they are playing it on a PS6?

twilo99

The Switch 2 is poised to be around PS4 levels of performance and they are contractually obligated to support Nintendo for the next 10 years so are you saying COD fans will be OK having their games held back by PS4 levels of hardware when they are playing it on a PS6?

Yes.

My hope is that the PS6 wil be so powerful that eventually they are forced to make two versions of a video game, much like devs used to do with the Wii.

There were some Wii-only gems of large PS3/360 I.P.

Last edited:

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
My hope is that the PS6 wil be so powerful that eventually they are forced to make two versions of a video game, much like devs used to do with the Wii.

There were some Wii-only gems of large PS3/360 I.P.
So basically FIFA style Legacy COD games? That would be interesting.

Toots

Gold Member
Too bad they revealed Saddam as the antagonist, the teaser made me think we would play some Qanon dude part of the "Storm area 51 they can stop us all" clique :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Top Bottom