• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First JURASSIC WORLD concept art leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love the concept of Monorails being used to traverse the park.

The monorails ruin the fact that guests of the park wouldn't even take the guest jeeps around the park. So it basically forces a reliance on the monorail and also a lack of exploration of the park.

I dunno. I just don't like how it looks. It doesn't feel like Jurassic Park to me. It feels like generic sci-fi.

The monorails ruin the fact that guests of the park wouldn't even take the guest jeeps around the park. So it basically forces a reliance on the monorail and also a lack of exploration of the park.

I dunno. I just don't like how it looks. It doesn't feel like Jurassic Park to me. It feels like generic sci-fi.

This seems more like a tone piece. I imagine it isn't strictly defining the layout of the park and attractions.

amnesiac

Is that Isla Nublar or no? I thought I read something saying that it would take place on the original island but I'm probably wrong.

Coppanuva

Maybe monorails are just to get to other parts of the park to ride jeeps in? I mean if it's sectioned off enough, and depending on park layout, might make more sense to have mass transit between key sections with jeeps available to explore the individual sections.

linkboy

What I want to know is, where is all that water coming from on the mountain? That's a pretty small peak and island, and there is no obvious source of water to be draining out of the top of that peak.

The feathered dinosaurs are powering the pumps that move the water from the ocean.

Mistel

Banned
Is that Isla Nublar or no? I thought I read something saying that it would take place on the original island but I'm probably wrong.
It is taking place on Isla Nublar.
What I want to know is, where is all that water coming from on the mountain? That's a pretty small peak and island, and there is no obvious source of water to be draining out of the top of that peak.
It could be spring as the river source you could explain it away with the presence of an aquifer.

metzger203

Safaricar.jpg

My preferred modes of transport in GTA Online!
YpaNqNH.jpg

Maybe monorails are just to get to other parts of the park to ride jeeps in? I mean if it's sectioned off enough, and depending on park layout, might make more sense to have mass transit between key sections with jeeps available to explore the individual sections.

That makes a little bit more sense but that's if the company is wanting to save money on the fuel cost for the jeeps. I'm not saying that it is the intention or if this is what the park would look like but it seems monorail is more important than the vehicles themselves.

Though, if it went for a more similar approach of style to the original set of movies then I can see me liking the monorail. I think if it was more like a Disney World monorail at the park then it'd be awesome and i'd like it. It's more fitting for Jurassic Park then an Atlus Shrugged type of rail design. Eh, who knows though. It's only concept art.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
How dope it would be to throw a party there.

Hip Hop

That island would be awesome for a video game setting.

Why can't they do an open-world Jurassic World?

It would be amazing.

BigDes

Weren't the cars in the Jurassic Park essentially on a rail anyway? The gas powered jeeps seemed like they were staff/special guest only

Mistel

Banned
My preferred modes of transport in GTA Online!
Same too except I've got the open topped mesa. Nice and fun to drive whilst distinctive.
wait what?
It's very easy the Explorer is a benefactor dubsta and the Wrangler is a merryweather mesa it takes like 15 minutes or so to do if you're lucky.
either is good.
The Jeep's make most sense as they are the utility vehicles for the park. So I assume that something similar would probably be in this incarnation.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
So you can make like, custom decals in GTA5? Thats awesome.

Rootbeer

Banned
It looks awesome, but in a world where a Dinosaur park existed... is this really what it would look like? nothing about it screams "come see the dinosaurs!" about it to me. It's really pretty but... strange design choice.

really love the original JP park design.

It looks awesome, but in a world where a Dinosaur park existed... is this really what it would look like? nothing about it screams "come see the dinosaurs!" about it to me. It's really pretty but... strange design choice.

really love the original JP park design.

Well, it is concept art...

Weren't the cars in the Jurassic Park essentially on a rail anyway? The gas powered jeeps seemed like they were staff/special guest only

The tour vehicles were on a guided rail but the jeeps were staff/guest vehicles that could explore other areas the park that the tour vehicles could not get to. The jeeps were more beneficial for travel between the parks attractions, and the resorts/hotel, etc that the park offers. They're more convenient.

Dennis

Banned
I like that it looks really different from the original park.

I mean if you were just going to make a carbon copy of the first film what would even be the point?

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
I'm curious to see how the handle the giant gate with the new design.

Mistel

Banned
So you can make like, custom decals in GTA5? Thats awesome.
Yep someone even made the logo for it too using the crew thingy. As for the gate itself I think the location was booked for shooting, so I assume it's similar to the first one in that respect.

Rootbeer

Banned
Well, it is concept art...
And I don't think it's a vision worthy of the concept. There may be later concepts that are way better, including some that they decided not to go with. That is all part of the process, people can have opinions about these things, you know.
I like that it looks really different from the original park.

I mean if you were just going to make a carbon copy of the first film what would even be the point?

I don't think that's what people want, but they want something that feels authentic. Take a look at all the various theme parks and amusement parks around the world. They tend to have designs that compliment the theme of the park. I'm just not feeling there here. I guess the huts work?

Concept17

The thing with Jurassic Park is always felt like it put forward the possibility of dinosaurs in our lifetime. Would prefer a slightly more grounded, gritty Jurassic Park.

But if it did happen, it would be created by the richest people on Earth, and they would certainly go all out.

And I don't think it's a vision worthy of the concept. There may be later concepts that are way better, including some that they decided not to go with. That is all part of the process, people can have opinions about these things, you know.

Never said you couldn't! I just think it's a bit knee-jerky to criticize a bit of concept art without even knowing more about the script or tone. That exact design might work very well within the confines of the film's aesthetic.

Mistel

Banned
They where 3 films so far :p
I'm not sure I can't find any material for it being in the first film the second and third sure but not the first. In the book instead of Pteranodon's it has the aviary with Cearadactylus inside for the first Jurassic Park.

kai3345

Banned
Is this a reboot? Or does it take the previous films as canon?

I just don't understand why anyone in the fiction would think this is an awesome idea the second time

bengraven

Looks like they're going to for modern luxury resort instead of adventure island like the first film.

It's a very interesting direction and I can't wait to see it.

Nev

Banned

I just don't understand why anyone in the fiction would think this is an awesome idea the second time

According to the director:
Reboot is a strong word. This is a new sci-fi terror adventure set 22 years after the horrific events of Jurassic Park.

I guess the reason they would think it's an awesome idea is because they would have better security nowadays and have learned from previous mistakes. Considering it's a sequel, Dr. Grant must return in some form. He probably won't though and it will feel like a reboot.

Jawmuncher

It's canon with the other 3 films. The reasoning for another park is that it's a whole new corporation doing it.

I like it. So since it appears that the dinosaurs are elsewhere is this where the rides are? And where is this what the Lagoon wa referring to earlier?

linkboy

I guess the reason they would think it's an awesome idea is because they would have better security nowadays and have learned from previous mistakes. Considering it's a sequel, Dr. Grant must return in some form. He probably won't though and it will feel like a reboot.

Grant would have told the guy to fuck off the minute he even mentioned the words Jurassic Park.

Slermy

I dunno, I really dig the look. It looks exactly what I would expect Jurassic Park to look like if it were owned by a billionaire in 2015. The concept of the open park in Nublar with a modern resort look and feel really is appealing.

I love the concept of Monorails being used to traverse the park.

Also, I love the classic visitor center domes being snuck into the design in the first image.

Summed up my thoughts exactly.

jchap

Water pumps from the ocean its all for show

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
The prettier the attraction looks, the more engrossing it will be when the dinosaurs escape and start killing everyone. So this is good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom