• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First Look at Godzilla vs Kong

I found the story disappointing. Also the island and the creatures could have been better. I think Peter Jackson did everything better in his version.
Story, setting, and action were great. It was a legit Kaiju movie and I vastly prefer Kong's new design. Peter Jackson's remake is great but goes on way too long and the main character is so lame. At least Kong was unique and did it's own thing. Loved the 70's theme.

VulcanRaven

Story, setting, and action were great. It was a legit Kaiju movie and I vastly prefer Kong's new design. Peter Jackson's remake is great but goes on way too long and the main character is so lame. At least Kong was unique and did it's own thing. Loved the 70's theme.
Have you seen the 1976 remake? I think its better than Skull Island.

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
My hopes aren't high for this - the recent Godzilla with the little girl from Stranger Things was dull.

Hopefully HBO Max has a workable groupwatch feature by late March so my friends and I (or hell maybe GAF) can watch together Mystery Science Theater 3000 style.

Airbus Jr

Banned
Kong and Gorilla will fight

And new enemy will enter the scene

They both proceed with fusion dance like Goku and Vegeta did

Bam ! Godzilong is born !

Last edited:
Ya saw that comment, previously.

I think his penis would have loved to be going to and fro in Brie Larsons' beautiful breasts... no doubt about it...

Is that Jessica Henwick or what?

dfjhZma.jpg

What is everyone's favorite King Kong movie here? The original is the best in my opinion. I like all of them expect King Kong Lives and Kong: Skull Island. I bought the 2005 remake on Apple TV few days ago because I haven't seen it in 4K yet.

Easily the original 1933 movie. None of the others even come close.

I do like Skull Island but it's just a shallow movie going for easy entertainment. Not necessarily a bad thing so long as you go in knowing that's what it is. It is worth noting it has Larry Fong as DP and his cinematography really elevates the visuals by a large degree.

My hopes aren't high for this - the recent Godzilla with the little girl from Stranger Things was dull.

Hopefully HBO Max has a workable groupwatch feature by late March so my friends and I (or hell maybe GAF) can watch together Mystery Science Theater 3000 style.
She was the best character in that movie imo ( I know not saying much). Im actually very happy she is returning. It's nice to see a kid/teen lead in a Godzilla movie again.

Prison Mike

Banned
Why are they making Godzilla a bad guy now?! He was good in the last two movies now they are saying he is killing people. I swear to god if Godzilla loses
Looks amazing but yeah i get what your saying i reckon itl end up a draw and theyl open a diner together called godong kong will work the grill godzilla front of house.

Looks amazing but yeah i get what your saying i reckon itl end up a draw and theyl open a diner together called godong kong will work the grill godzilla front of house.
I mean I can deal with it but making Godzilla bad is weird now considering he saved the planet in the last movie. Idk I guess I will have to wait and see the movie. Still Hyped though!

Prison Mike

Banned
I mean I can deal with it but making Godzilla bad is weird now considering he saved the planet in the last movie. Idk I guess I will have to wait and see the movie. Still Hyped though!
Yeah im sure theres a twist thwy wont just blank out the last 2 movies just hope cinemas are open in uk to go see it.

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
Godzilla doesn't have t-rex arms but he's definitely at a reach disadvantage. He's going to need to get that tail involved. I feel like his nuclear breath has been nerfed a bit. Everyone fucking dodges it now.

Does Kong make some kind of tomahawk weapon or whatever he's using at the end of the trailer? Maybe out of Mechagodzilla parts since it's absorbing the atomic breath?

Last edited:

Dacon

Banned
I don't really like how it seems like the film is revolving around Kong being some kind of savior.

I also can't get over Kong shrugging off super radioactive blasts flying straight by him.

You wouldn't need a direct hit to get fucked up by that.

Top Bottom