• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First Look at Mr Freeze (Suicide Squad: Kill The Justice League)

Draugoth

Gold Member
If you thought the four playable villains of Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League were already a lot to juggle, get ready for Task Force X to grow. Rocksteady is planning to release four new characters over the next year of updates, with Joker already announced as the first to arrive in March, just take a look at M.Freeze coming at Season 2:

vOeRkQq.png

With Freeze seeming like a lock, it's worth considering the rest of Ross' leaked lineup: season 3's Lawless, a somewhat obscure character who was in the Suicide Squad during World War 2, and season 4's Deathstroke. I don't know what to make of Lawless, but Deathstroke sounds like a good pull if Rocksteady can properly differentiate him from Deadshot.

WB copyright striked (struck?) a post about this on Reddit so this design is confirmed to be 100% real.

barf GIF

Last edited:
Is this the video game equivalent of Mel Brook's The Producers? Are they intentionally trying to do everything to fuck this up so they don't have to pay clueless investors and keep all the money?

This has to be intentional at this point. No one could design this and earnestly say, "Yeah, this is so much better than what we did 10 years ago. Everyone is gonna love this.."

I am actively rooting for this to be a convoluted scam to have some faith in the humanity as backwards as that sounds.

Last edited:

Neolombax

Gold Member
Who is this? Mr Freeze's wife? Man I'm so glad I didn't fall into FOMO and buy this game. I don't care if its a woman or guy, but come on, this is bad character design. I don't want to play as this bland looking character. What on earth is having fur around your neck for when you're literally a frozen person??!

Even the much criticized Gotham Knights had a better design for Freeze
You're right, that is a much more creative design.

I'm going to find it hilarious if people suddenly like and reminisce about Gotham Knights 2-5 years after it already released and bombed.

My brain invented a new term upon seeing this design, which I would describe as "aggressively uninteresting". It is so devoid of style and showmanship that it's actually kind of impressive.

Kacho

I can tolerate creative liberties to an extent but that is way too much. Very “current year” Mr Freeze design. Just dreadful.

Kacho

WTF is happening at Rocksteady ?
The founders split mid-development. It’s not the same company anymore.

Rocksteady has creatives who are extremely out of touch (as we saw with the Joker reveal). It’s just a bunch of random people LARPing as competent game makers.

The one positive for them is Mr Freeze won’t do anymore damage to Suicide Squad. This is an additional bullet point in a long list of fuck ups for the game.

Last edited:
Top Bottom