• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First Look at Mr Freeze (Suicide Squad: Kill The Justice League)

peish

Gold Member
Why they do this? Should i feel represented by this monstrosity?

Should i feel victorious seeing this shafting to the hateful bigotry chuds?

I like to see the back story of this version of Mr/Ms Feeze, is he male by birth but feeling confused?

What’s the title I should use? Is there an inclusive DEI title besides Mr or Ms?

SJRB

Gold Member
Just a reminder what we once had from the SAME STUDIO:

And now we get this Elton John glasses wearing doofus:

UNofoST.png

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
Who is this? Mr Freeze's wife? Man I'm so glad I didn't fall into FOMO and buy this game. I don't care if its a woman or guy, but come on, this is bad character design. I don't want to play as this bland looking character. What on earth is having fur around your neck for when you're literally a frozen person??!

Probably. Could be Nora who identifies as a male (He/Him pronouns) but is female presenting. Could be the first demiboy gender character in a video game.

I'd prefer classic Freeze myself, but they can't have too many straight CIS people in the game I guess.

Majormaxxx

If you thought the four playable villains of Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League were already a lot to juggle, get ready for Task Force X to grow. Rocksteady is planning to release four new characters over the next year of updates, with Joker already announced as the first to arrive in March, just take a look at M.Freeze coming at Season 2:

vOeRkQq.png

With Freeze seeming like a lock, it's worth considering the rest of Ross' leaked lineup: season 3's Lawless, a somewhat obscure character who was in the Suicide Squad during World War 2, and season 4's Deathstroke. I don't know what to make of Lawless, but Deathstroke sounds like a good pull if Rocksteady can properly differentiate him from Deadshot.
Animated GIF

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
I don't think Luthor would let that person into the Legion of Doom HQ. Looks like a school bus driver.

Scotty W

Banned
Why even fucking bother with this game? Just trash it and move on.
This is regime propaganda. They want you to hate yourself. Suicide Squad is an inversion of good meant to attack you and all that is holy.

They know people hate this slop, but they are absolutely desperate for it to catch on. Just think, has there ever been any franchise ever that has failed so consistently while being pushed so hard? Nothing else comes close.

Imagine what they would be able to do if it caught on? It would be able to run political commentary in the form of interactive denunciations, and people would eat it up.

StereoVsn

Is this the video game equivalent of Mel Brook's The Producers? Are they intentionally trying to do everything to fuck this up so they don't have to pay clueless investors and keep all the money?

This has to be intentional at this point. No one could design this and earnestly say, "Yeah, this is so much better than what we did 10 years ago. Everyone is gonna love this.."

I am actively rooting for this to be a convoluted scam to have some faith in the humanity as backwards as that sounds.
We will know for sure if they get “Springtime for Hitler” DLC! 😉

Edit: This is so aggressively terrible that I can’t but think they are doing it on purpose. Even if they wanted some non-binary DEI character they couldn’t have designed it this badly.

How did this a)Actually get created and b)How did anyone in management not immediately cut it and told their intern to knock off using AI image generation. Like what in the actual fuck is happening in that studio!?

Last edited:

LordCBH

Considering season 2 has no content like season 1, AND that almost nobody is playing this game, I think it doesn’t survive a full year.

Looks like someone brought their 5 year old child to the company and let him play around with a character creator. I will not believe that someone who thinks of himself as a designer would be happy with this design.

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
HAHAHAHA eat shit Rocksteady.

Gender swap Mr. Freeze, then make her look like a dude anyway.

I’m looking forward to all the stories about how tiny and underwhelming the spike in players is when this releases.

FunkMiller

Also... why the fuck are they filling this piece of shit game with terrible renditions of Batman villains? Neither Joker nor Freeze are long term SS villains.

Completely creatively bankrupt in every conceivable measure.

This really is a textbook example of woke pod people coming in like Buffalo Bill, slicing up a studio and wearing it like a skin suit. This might be the worst example of it I've ever seen. The same thing has happened at placed like Ubisoft, but even they don't compare to this. Just completely gutting the Arkhamverse in the name of all the usual bullshit. And they threw millions of dollars at this utterly doomed project. Totally insane.

Shubh_C63

500 payers peak on steam for last 30 days.

WB and Rocksteady must be mad burning all that cash over this. I don't get it.
Its been 4 months now. I think they pull the plug on 2 full quarter? or when player count hits below 100-peak?

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
Lmao. I just remember reading that because of the whole "alternate universe" thing. I just really don't understand what's going on with that model.
What is the story anyway? I’ve read 2 different things:

This is Mrs. Freeze (Mr. Freeze’s wife who becomes a villain as well)

This is an alternate universe where Victor Fries (Mr Freeze) is a gender swapped Victoria Fries

Anyway leave it to 2024 DEI dipshits to gender-swap a male character then make her look like a dude anyway.

MiguelItUp

500 payers peak on steam for last 30 days.

WB and Rocksteady must be mad burning all that cash over this. I don't get it.
Its been 4 months now. I think they pull the plug on 2 full quarter? or when player count hits below 100-peak?
There's a possibility that all of the content may have already been included in the full cost of development, hell a lot of it may have already been completed or worked on. So, they might as well release it or they'd be essentially wasting even more money. At least that's what I'm assuming.

What is the story anyway? I’ve read 2 different things:

This is Mrs. Freeze (Mr. Freeze’s wife who becomes a villain as well)

This is an alternate universe where Victor Fries (Mr Freeze) is a gender swapped Victoria Fries

Anyway leave it to 2024 DEI dipshits to gender-swap a male character then make her look like a dude anyway.
So, won't really know before it comes out. But in the campaign alternate realities exist which produce situations and characters that are similar, but different. That's why the Joker is still alive and not the same. I remember the "big leak" awhile back mentioned there being a Mrs. Freeze joining the roster in the future. But I don't think there are more details than that. I just don't understand what they were going for with this model... It reminded me of "It's Pat" from the old SNL skits, but a modern version, lmao.

Last edited:

Ristifer

You know, I'd shit on the character design, but that's already been taken care of.

Rocksteady was able to write a great arc for Mr. Freeze in the Arkham games. I thought it was pretty wonderfully captured by both the writing and acting. The real tragedy here is that, now, with all of the trying in the world, they wouldn't be able to capture 1/100th of that character arc with anything they do. They don't have the talent, they don't have the approach, and they clearly don't have any damn vision. I don't care if it's from WB or whatever. This will be forgotten about, just like the main game, because of sheer incompetence and ignorance.

But, hey, they sure showed twitter how far they can bend over. So, points for you on that hollow victory, I guess.

Last edited:

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח
Is this the video game equivalent of Mel Brook's The Producers? Are they intentionally trying to do everything to fuck this up so they don't have to pay clueless investors and keep all the money?

This has to be intentional at this point. No one could design this and earnestly say, "Yeah, this is so much better than what we did 10 years ago. Everyone is gonna love this.."

I am actively rooting for this to be a convoluted scam to have some faith in the humanity as backwards as that sounds.
What an incredible Musical. Saw it on Broadway with Mathew Broderick and Nathan Lane.

SJRB

Gold Member
You know, I'd shit on the character design, but that's already been taken care of.

Rocksteady was able to write a great arc for Mr. Freeze in the Arkham games. I thought it was pretty wonderfully captured by both the writing and acting. The real tragedy here is that, now, with all of the trying in the world, they wouldn't be able to capture 1/100th of that character arc with anything they do. They don't have the talent, they don't have the approach, and they clearly don't have any damn vision. I don't care if it's from WB or whatever. This will be forgotten about, just like the main game, because of sheer incompetence and ignorance.

But, hey, they sure showed twitter how far they can bend over. So, points for you on that hollow victory, I guess.

It's gonna be Mr. Freeze doing backflips and skating on the side of buildings while throwing "cool" and "cold"-related oneliners and throwing grenades that explode in snow that freezes enemies.

Just like with Joker it's going to be the absolute bottom of the barrel type of stuff.

Top Bottom