• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First Look at THE FLASH [Extended trailer in OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gemüsepizza;122658454 said:
Maybe because he hasn't mastered the speed force yet?

...I uh. He's going at super speed, so he's clearly using the speed force. The speed force prevents environmental damage. I don't know what more he needs to do.

I am not that familiar with Flash, but in the first issues of the New 52 Flash he learned to use the speed force to speed up his perception and thinking. That's why I assumed that this could be one of the aspects of the speed force he also has to learn, to run fast without affecting his environment. I don't know how this could be explained from a physical point of view, but then again Flash isn't really based on real science I guess.

IconGrist

...I uh. He's going at super speed, so he's clearly using the speed force. The speed force prevents environmental damage. I don't know what more he needs to do.

One way or the other the Speed Force just seems like it's inconsistent in its rules. I'm not well-versed in the Speed Force but the idea that it doesn't effect anything around him but he can use it to create wind speeds to put out fires doesn't make sense to me.

Penguin

Apparently, The CW has cast Plastique and as always, fine as all heck

kelly2.jpg

http://www.eonline.com/news/564179/the-flash-casting-scoop-it-s-time-to-meet-plastique

I'm down for a Flash series. Started Arrow but got sidetracked. Seemed pretty good, and I plan to catch up. I'm quite excited for this though...

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I guess Central City will be the supermodel infested sister city to Starling City. There aren't even ugly extras on Arrow. Haha

One way or the other the Speed Force just seems like it's inconsistent in its rules. I'm not well-versed in the Speed Force but the idea that it doesn't effect anything around him but he can use it to create wind speeds to put out fires doesn't make sense to me.

Yeah, seems like it's a power that isn't consistent. He way too powerful.

Looks cool just hope it doesn't become a big city version of Smallville except with the Flash. Funny to see Jesse L. Martin playing a police detective again.

Looks cool just hope it doesn't become a big city version of Smallville except with the Flash. Funny to see Jesse L. Martin playing a police detective again.

Nah, Flash (like Arrow) are actually made by people familiar with and fans of the comics and willing to embrace it as something more than a device to exploit during sweeps. I imagine much of the cast cares as well opposed to Tom Welling who couldn't have cared less about Superman with a selfish, whiny Clark Kent who saw his powers as a curse.

Okay stopped... How Smallville turned out still grinds my gears. >_<

D

Deleted member 102481

Unconfirmed Member
I can't wait for flash and arrow crossover episodes

Nah, Flash (like Arrow) are actually made by people familiar with and fans of the comics and willing to embrace it as something more than a device to exploit during sweeps. I imagine much of the cast cares as well opposed to Tom Welling who couldn't have cared less about Superman with a selfish, whiny Clark Kent who saw his powers as a curse.

Okay stopped... How Smallville turned out still grinds my gears. >_<

That was Tom Welling's fault?

That was Tom Welling's fault?

The Clark thing is a criticism of the show and the people who were in charge I should've have made that a lot more clear. Welling gained some official control in season nine as an executive producer and before then I can't imagine he didn't have any input given his position on the show after all those years. As for him not giving a shit about Superman, he never did and had zero interest in that side of the character.

Then there was the show's "no flights, no tights" gimmick that Miles and Gough started which IIRC was the reason Welling signed on and that was fine for at least the first four and a half seasons but when the show went longer than originally intended the flights aspect at the very least should've been dropped before they started introducing other characters that could fly. I followed the Smallville stuff rather closely back in the day which probably made me even more frustrated with the show, especially with the show runners that took over after the creators left, especially Kelly Sounders who's interviewers were just frustrating as hell to read with the obvious PR bullshit answers she'd give and hype that always failed to deliver.

Clevinger

Is it OK to talk about the leaked pilot episode? I'll put them in spoiler tags.

Yes. Cornballer said this:

"If this has leaked, just to clarify the way this is usually handled on TV GAF - please don't link or detail how to download it. Also, don't ask for PMs describing how to acquire it. If you want to post up some vague discussion under spoiler tags, that's typically ok."

saw the pilot and it was crap. dunno how people are even excited for this. arrow's was definitely better.

i was excited as i watched the trailrrs but that pilot was so shitty.

Batman Begins and Dark Knight were fantastic. TDKR was mediocre, Man of Steel was shit. But that is just for me.

Many people loved TDKR and MoS, yourself included. But that doesnt change that many others hated them or found them disappointing. You always seem to be so defensive about MoS in threads. Just accept that some people didn't like it. It in no way diminishes how much you and many others loved it.

I feel like I have to address and hopefully this will put to bed this ongoing battle that's been going on for a year.

I make no apologies in life of what I like whether it's movies, games, books, food, etc. I think, I hope, that when someone else does not like something I like we can just disagree on that and keep normal, friendly relations.
but when we are on a topic of say a Batman V Superman movie or even this topic or something completely unrelated (and I have witnessed it) just randomly talking about that particular movie and massively derailing the thread. that bothers me greatly.

it just really bothers me and it's a trend that I see not just with MoS but with other topics across this forum in the last couple of years that is really bringing down the level of discourse. so yeah, it irks me, but it's not just because of MoS but because of the need of individuals to score internet points to seem more edgy and cool. it's never my intent to engage in fights in this forum but when trying to find info on an upcoming movie or just wanting to talk about it, it really doesn't help to rehash old arguments.
thank you for reading and back to the topic.

very excited about Flash and so far everything is looking good (not just the ladies) does anyone think that one good way to revitalize the Green Lantern name would be to do a TV series? Hal Jordan is a ladies man so that takes care of the beautiful people part (hur hur) but more importantly Barry, Hal and Ollie are best friends and the possibilities for cross-overs would be awesome.

very excited about Flash and so far everything is looking good (not just the ladies) does anyone think that one good way to revitalize the Green Lantern name would be to do a TV series? Hal Jordan is a ladies man so that takes care of the beautiful people part (hur hur) but more importantly Barry, Hal and Ollie are best friends and the possibilities for cross-overs would be awesome.

I'd be afraid of seeing Green Lantern on a CW budget

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom