• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First Look at THE FLASH [Extended trailer in OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cast photos released:

http://www.hypable.com/2014/09/16/the-flash-cast-images/

The-Flash-Grant-Gustin.jpg

The-Flash-Candice-Patton.jpg

The-Flash-Carlos-Valdes.jpg

The-Flash-Danielle-Panabaker.jpg

The-Flash-Tom-Cavanagh.jpg

The-Flash-Jesse-L.-Martin.jpg

The-Flash-Rick-Cosnett.jpg

Official synopsis is up plus a new poster:

“City of Heroes” – (8:00-9:00 p.m. ET) (TV-PG, LV) (HDTV)

THE FASTEST MAN ALIVE IS BORN — Barry Allen (Grant Gustin) was just 11 years old when his mother was killed in a bizarre and terrifying incident and his father (John Wesley Shipp) was falsely convicted of the murder. With his life changed forever by the tragedy, Barry was taken in and raised by Detective Joe West (Jesse L. Martin), the father of Barry’s best friend, Iris (Candice Patton). Now, Barry has become a brilliant, driven and endearingly geeky CSI investigator, whose determination to uncover the truth about his mother’s strange death leads him to follow up on every unexplained urban legend and scientific advancement that comes along. Barry’s latest obsession is a cutting edge particle accelerator, created by visionary physicist Harrison Wells (Tom Cavanagh) and his S.T.A.R. Labs team members, Caitlin Snow (Danielle Panabaker) and Cisco Ramon (Carlos Valdes), who claim that this invention will bring about unimaginable advancements in power and medicine. However, something goes horribly wrong during the public unveiling, and when the devastating explosion causes a freak storm, many lives are lost and Barry is struck by lightning. After nine months in a coma, Barry awakens to find his life has changed once again – the accident has given him the power of super speed. Thrilled with his new powers, Barry learns how to control them with the help of Dr. Wells and his team. However, keeping his secret from his best friend Iris (Candice Patton) is proving to be harder than he thought, especially when Joe’s new partner, Eddie Thawne (Rick Cosnett), catches her eye. When another meta-human attacks the city, it’s time to put Barry’s new powers, and himself, to the test. David Nutter directed the episode with story by Greg Berlanti, Andrew Kresiberg and Geoff Johns and teleplay by Andrew Kreisberg and Geoff Johns (100). Original airdate 10/7/2014.

the-flash-promo-shot-107184.jpg

i can't believe they friendzoned barry with iris. does this happen in the comics too before they hookup?

plus CW gonna prolong it for so many seasons. :(

i can't believe they friendzoned barry with iris. does this happen in the comics too before they hookup?

plus CW gonna prolong it for so many seasons. :(

I think they learned with the whole Clark/Lana thing.

I hope.

I really, really hope.

But the Arrow guys are doing this, and if their pacing is on point, Barry will give Iris a big damn hero kiss in the season finale before taking on the Rogues.

Calling it now.

Wiktor

Oh yeah, just go after the grieving woman whose fiancee got incinerated by a particle accelerator that blew up the city.

Class act, Barry.

What? She should become a nun, just because her husband died? It was nine months ago. You can make and deliver a baby into the world in this much time. Come on, don't be so cruel to poor lab girl :D

Wiktor

Oh hey, I noticed.

It was just too easy, Adrian.

No, you didn't. But it's not any reason to be ashamed. I understand the difficulty of browsing gaf on smartphone, while hiding in the shadows and stalking CW female stars. You've got better things to worry about that my hidden meanings, like bodyguards or police. ;)

anaron

Another awesome poster. I hope we see the suit gradually get to that shade of red and eventually morph into the classic outfit as the season progresses by having Barry wearing it down through his speed.

rakhir

So there will be two separete threads for Flash and Arrow, right? Maybe one CW Superhero thread would be better, since most of the posters will be watching both?

Because i'm definitely watching both.

^ I don't think bright, comicbooky costumes would work on television. Even Iron Man is toned down in his movies.

VeeP

Is the OT going to be a combined OT of Arrow & Flash like Vampire Diaries & Originals? Or will it be separate?

Edit: ^^ Dang I was either too slow or I didn't see that post lol.

Penguin

So there will be two separete threads for Flash and Arrow, right? Maybe one CW Superhero thread would be better, since most of the posters will be watching both?

Because i'm definitely watching both.

^ I don't think bright, comicbooky costumes would work on television. Even Iron Man is toned down in his movies.

Is the OT going to be a combined OT of Arrow & Flash like Vampire Diaries & Originals? Or will it be separate?

Edit: ^^ Dang I was either too slow or I didn't see that post lol.

Two different threads

Arrow season 2 was big enough on its own

And already some folks who may watch one and not the other

TheOddOne

- Deadline: CW’s ‘The Flash’ & ‘Jane the Virgin’ Get Backup Script Orders Ahead Of Premieres
With the CW‘s two freshman series, The Flash and Jane the Virgin, garnering some of the best reviews for new series this fall, the network is already looking forward to the second part of the season, ordering three additional scripts from each of the two shows. The vote of confidence comes two weeks before the Oct. 7 debut of The Flash and three weeks ahead of the series premiere of Jane the Virgin, whose star Gina Rodriguez is touted to be one of this season’s breakouts.

Giving any type of order to new broadcast series several weeks before their debut is unusual and comes after both The Flash and Jane had delivered a couple of more episodes, with the CW executives said to be very pleased with that they have seen.

The CW brass like having the network’s new fall series prepared for a possible back order with pickups of additional scripts early on. Last year, all three freshmen, The Originals, The Tomorrow People and Reign, received orders for three additional scripts in October, after two airings of The Vampire Diaries spinoff The Originals, one of The Tomorrow People and a week ahead of Reign‘s premiere, which had been pushed by a week. All three series went on to score full-season pickups, with two, The Originals and Reign, also making it to Season 2.

They should just get it over with and pick up Flash for a second season. It's going to be a guaranteed hit (For the CW), especially after The Originals proved that if they do a spin off from one of their already successful shows, then said spin off will also be successful.

Unless it's Supernatural.

They should just get it over with and pick up Flash for a second season. It's going to be a guaranteed hit (For the CW), especially after The Originals proved that if they do a spin off from one of their already successful shows, then said spin off will also be successful.

The thing about Originals is that they took the best characters and gave them their own little playground, and it was awesome.

Unless it's Supernatural.

It was maddening. I still haven't watched the backdoor pilot. The only episode of Supernatural I have never seen. But they had the ultimate backdoor pilot idea with The Men of Letters. Just focus on a small group of them in one central area and go from there. That was the best addition to the mythology in years.

The thing about Originals is that they took the best characters and gave them their own little playground, and it was awesome.

It was maddening. I still haven't watched the backdoor pilot. The only episode of Supernatural I have never seen. But they had the ultimate backdoor pilot idea with The Men of Letters. Just focus on a small group of them in one central area and go from there. That was the best addition to the mythology in years.

Don't fucking do it.

BowieZ

Banned
Grant Gustin is incredibly hot in most photographs, with make-up and without, but he looks really hagged and as though he has jaundice in his cast photo for this lol.

Considering who lab girl becomes in the comics...I sniggered.
Curious about how they will handle the Caitlin and Barry dynamic. By which I mean how much they'll follow the comic and how much they'll deviate from it. You can clearly see there will be a "grieving lady comforted by friendzoned guy" arc here already and I bet her dead fiance aka
Firestorm will be revealed to be alive by the end of the first season

anaron

Another awesome poster. I hope we see the suit gradually get to that shade of red and eventually morph into the classic outfit as the season progresses by having Barry wearing it down through his speed.

and apparently, this has actually already been confirmed. lol

At the Television Critics Summer press tour, it was said by executive producer Greg Berlanti that the team working on The Flash costume is "evolving the suit over time" with it stated to "become more vibrant and red" as the series progresses.
http://television.cosmicbooknews.co...ng-changed-8-episode-arrow-crossover-revealed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom