• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First Look At 'Thrawn' From Ahsoka

DKehoe

Maybe it doesn't really work when in motion (I haven't watched the show but I know they changed it for Rebels) but I prefer the no-pupil look for Chiss.

Sad Its Over GIF by Star Wars

Daneel Elijah

Gold Member
Snooooore... its Disney and star wars. He's gonna have a female understudy who is stronger than Palpatine and she'll do all the murders and then good guy female Skywalker will win because family 🤷‍♂️
It will even exist in two flavors:
The right hand
The copy , who even have jedi powers!
But both are dead/ stuck in their homeworld so it would be great to see them anyway.

Rockondevil

I'll give the show a go because I like Ahsoka, but I won't be giving it my all if it's trash like much of Disney Star Wars is.

Another Twilek which is just a human with head tails. Someone should really show them Return of the Jedi.
Never really cared for Hera, or Rebels for that matter, and I do see what you mean but I also don't think it's too far off to care either.
Though giving the lekku some patterning wouldn't have hurt.

6hzsMcT.png
6EmNnss.png
q03lU8j.jpg

Last edited:

jason10mm

Gold Member
I'll give the show a go because I like Ahsoka, but I won't be giving it my all if it's trash like much of Disney Star Wars is.

Never really cared for Hera, or Rebels for that matter, and I do see what you mean but I also don't think it's too far off to care either.

6hzsMcT.png
6EmNnss.png
q03lU8j.jpg
Now I just wanna see a skit of a Twi'lek struggling to put on that helmet thing, doing all the tricks women do to squeeze into tight jeans, blaming their period, it shrunk in the wash, etc.

But I'm still curious what the Ahsoka head things even are. Flesh? Bone? Some type of hair? Are the patterns natural, tattoos, or just make-up? So much of those species works for animation but the live action translation needs to settle on an answer.

LordOfChaos

Yeahhh some of the live action translations from Rebels aren't quite doing it for me, but I'm excited to see the return of Ezra plot

6hzsMcT.png
6EmNnss.png
q03lU8j.jpg
The problem isn't the makeup; it's the fact that they act completely human. It's been a problem for Star Wars ever since the OT and began creeping in during the prequel films. These are Star Wars aliens:

This is cosplay:

This is why people post threads that "Star Wars is a boring setting". Goddamn 50% of Star Wars takes place on Tatooine and every alien speaks Basic (English). The franchise has become so bad I'm honestly dumbfounded. I had to move on and invest my money elsewhere for my own sanity.

DGrayson

Mod Team and Bat Team
Staff Member
The problem isn't the makeup; it's the fact that they act completely human. It's been a problem for Star Wars ever since the OT and began creeping in during the prequel films. These are Star Wars aliens:

This is cosplay:

This is why people post threads that "Star Wars is a boring setting". Goddamn 50% of Star Wars takes place on Tatooine and every alien speaks Basic (English). The franchise has become so bad I'm honestly dumbfounded. I had to move on and invest my money elsewhere for my own sanity.

Ding ding ding.

Top Bottom