• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First Modern Warfare 2 details leaked?

Status
Not open for further replies.

farnham

Banned
the only thing im concerned about -> wii version yes or no

because if yes im going to buy 2 versions of the game this year

Eric WK

I'd love to see a robust community site for MW2. To go along with career stats and leaderboards, I'd like to see detailed stats across maps and gametypes. Heatmaps would be awesome too.

An upload feature would be awesome, but probably not within reason due to the insane amount of bandwidth that would be required for a userbase this size. Perhaps an in-game fileshare system a la Halo 3?

I know you're in the shadows somewhere here, fourzerotwo. ;D

kenta said:
KZ2 wasn't the first to do this, was it?

No, there were many games that had a similar mode prior to it's release. Off the top of my head, the games that had it were Team Fortress Classic, Counter-Strike, Halo 3, Perfect Dark, etc.

Eric WK said:
I'd love to see a robust community site for MW2. To go along with career stats and leaderboards, I'd like to see detailed stats across maps and gametypes. Heatmaps would be awesome too.

Well that's what the twitter site is for. Suggestion for the community site although twitter imo is a shitty way to attempt to trade any useful information beyond a sentence.

"*Vehicles will be in MW2"

That is what I was afraid of after playing part 4 and realizing a sequel would come.

Not good, it will destroy the MP just like it did for World at War for me.

Eric WK

Stoney Mason said:
Well that's what the twitter site is for. Suggestion for the community site although twitter imo is a shitty way to attempt to trade any useful information beyond a sentence.

Exactly. I was reading that and 90% of it had nothing to do with the community site at all.

Fortunately for us, fourzerotwo posts here.

Seriously, who the hell is ASKING for vehicles in CoD? Everyone I talk to on forums, and online HATES the vehicles in WaW. It just seems like they are doing it just because the last game had them.

Please IW, do NOT put vehicles in MP.

Digital-Hero said:
"*Vehicles will be in MW2"

That is what I was afraid of after playing part 4 and realizing a sequel would come.

Not good, it will destroy the MP just like it did for World at War for me.

Even if they do have vehicles

A.) I have confidence they would balance them into the gameplay far better than Treyarch.
B.) Since they generally are good at providing playlist options a non vehicle playlist style seems very likely.

Guled

SuperEnemyCrab said:
Seriously, who the hell is ASKING for vehicles in CoD? Everyone I talk to on forums, and online HATES the vehicles in WaW. It just seems like they are doing it just because the last game had them.

I want vehicles in SP, hells the pace of the game

SuperEnemyCrab said:

It feels so good to know I'm not alone. :D

*New Assault rifle: Diemeco C8 (Canadian forces M4 equivelant)
*Solider customization for each class (and each country)

Joint Task Force 2 REPRESENT. My Vegas 2 dude always rocks the CANPAT

In lieu of balancing the P90, it's probably a good idea to get rid of it.

That Brit rifle is cool too. Bullpup designs are nifty. Maybe we'll see the AUG?

Vehicles are fine in World at War, sometimes it just sucks that it takes 4-5 rockets to take one out. Imho they should go down with maybe 3 rockets or 2 satchels. I mean, if you're playing in a room with friends on your team and you are coordinated, then you can demolish a tank whoring team. But there are a lot of times when you're playing with strangers and find yourself being the only person actually trying to take out the 3 tanks that are murdering you on Seelow while your teammates are just running out dying. And in that situation it can take 4-5 deaths just to finish off 1 tank.

Guled said:
I want vehicles in SP, hells the pace of the game

Thats a totally different situation though. I loved (most) of the vehicle sections in the singleplayer games. And the vehicles actually worked ok in CoD3. But the tanks in WaW are overpowered. They just have to much health. In BF1942 infantry wasn't utterly useless when trying to take out a tank. Even with a bazooka it takes like 3-4 direct hits to take one out, not to mention trying to take one out with grenades.

I dunno, I have faith in IW but the vehicles in WaW MP have really soured me on the idea.

Vehicles would mean a very big shift in map design. Vehicles would not fit on any COD4 maps, although I don't have the map pack.

The thing I hate about vehicles is that I always feel the need to be capable of killing anyone on the opposing team. As soon as you make it so I have to depend on someone else to kill something, everything falls apart. Just a recipe for frustrating deaths. Why I always had to run around as an Anti Tank in BF2.

Jtrizzy

glad to hear about co op. I'm with you guys though, fuck the vehicles.

I wish they would drop the fucking price on COD4 too. I'm kind of on the fence with Killzone's deadzone/acceleration thing and am considering re buying COD4 for the multiplayer.

Does it still have a strong community on PS3?

raYne

SuperEnemyCrab said:
Yeah, if it's just you getting killed over and over, why would you want to save it? I mean, I have had some pretty hilarious deaths in CoD over the years but I can't really say I would go back and watch them over and over.
Exactly.

Unless you can save Killcams of you doing the the killing it's pretty stupid.

raYne said:
Exactly.

That's why you do what Bungie does and record the entire match. Who needs a stinkin killcam then?

Record entire matches IW.

PedroLumpy said:
Vehicles would mean a very big shift in map design. Vehicles would not fit on any COD4 maps, although I don't have the map pack.

None of those maps would fit a vehicle either.

Vehicles are only in 4 of WaW's 14 maps. And they aren't in all modes so it's not like this means they ruin the game or anything.

raYne said:
Exactly.

Which is why honestly open speculation about some of this stuff is pretty useless imo without knowing if its true or the context of it.

A) All the 12 year old brats that play CoD4 will be pissed there's no more P90.
B) Plus fucking do not put vehicles in this multiplayer game. It ruined CoD: WaW.

DevelopmentArrested said:
A) All the 12 year old brats that play CoD4 will be pissed there's no more P90.

It's actually a pretty cool gun. Just tone down the range a bit on it for balancing purposes imo.

neoism

*Scorpion, P90, M21, R700, G3, G360 will not return
no sale, I was afraid this would happen, all M2 is going to be is an enhanced, and prettier version of MW2, I "wanted it to be "in the future" at least 100 years where they could have taken the modern guns of today and make them in to something we haven't seen before! If this is true, I loved the G3 my fav in MW. :(

Rayme

People. This list is fake.

I mean; I can't get into how-much-if-any is true, how much is false, etc (there's a reason why companies "don't comment on rumors"... it would NEVER FUCKING END), but this list wasn't put together by anyone with any insider information. There's also some craziness that should red-flag this as "stuff I made up and wrote down" (like grass camo for snipers... that's straight out of CoD4 MP).

Anyhow. List is fakey-fake potshots, sounds like a boring fucking game, and isn't from someone who's seen what's running on our devkits here, ahthankyouverymuch.

neoism said:
"wanted it to be "in the future" at least 100 years where they could have taken the modern guns of today and make them in to something we have seen before!

lol. So they should make a game not for the millions and millons who bought the prior version but a difference audience.

Seems like you can easily go play Killzone 2 if that is what you want.

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
Rayme said:

I mean; I can't get into how-much-if-any is true, how much is false, etc (there's a reason why companies "don't comment on rumors"... it would NEVER FUCKING END), but this list wasn't put together by anyone with any insider information. There's also some craziness that should red-flag this as "stuff I made up and wrote down" (like grass camo for snipers... that's straight out of CoD4 MP).

Anyhow. List is fakey-fake potshots, sounds like a boring fucking game, and isn't from someone who's seen what's running on our devkits here, ahthankyouverymuch.

Crisis averted

thank god.

Eric WK

Rayme said:

Cool.

Rayme said:

Nice. Coolio.

Which is sort of the point I was making earlier. :)

Rayme said:

But thats exactly what you would say if it was real though.:D

Nah I have faith you guys will make a game worth my $60. But if there are vehicles in MP I will freak out, man.

Colocho

Banned
I come for the campaign and stay for the multiplayer, and since the SP will most likely be awesome, day 1 for me regardless of how the multi turns out

Rayme said:

Faker must have been Canadian. C8 is dead giveaway.

bigcheese

Rayme said:

Yes!!!! Thank you, cause I was getting really mad if those were the only things they were changing. Now I look forward to the actual first details on the game.

Shishka

Works for Bungie
Rayme said:

ME THINK THOU DOTH PROTESTETH TOO MUCHETH

Fuck, I really really hope this is made up, mainly for the whole including vehicles thing.

I don't want battlefield, and the vehicles in WaW were a terrible addition. This was the one thing I didn't want to see :/

raYne

Rayme said:

Keep the G3, never put vehicles anywhere near MP and I'll buy two copies on principle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom