• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First next gen Gameplay Pics: Lord of the Rings(PS5,Pc,XSX)

POfVJ5V.jpg

RZlokCz.jpg

qkLQBYR.jpg

AChNIJb.jpg

More at :

Looks OK I guess. A bit uninspired design imo.

Last edited:

Nickolaidas

Yea after looking at it more its current gen graphics at best 🤔👀😂
Current gen? It looks like a mediocre PS3 game, lighting effects excluded.

Thank God it's not a PS5 exclusive, otherwise X-Bots would have a field day with those screenshots.

It's obvious this artstyle goes for a Knack kind of thing - you can clearly see it with the beasts, but people will compare the visuals with those of Shadow of Mordor and that will be the game's visual downfall.

Last edited:
I'm going to assume this is an early build of a generation we know not much about it, and that includes developers and their lack of knowledge of how to utilize the console's power to its limits.

Still, looks decent enough, which only gets me more excited for the next generation.

Last edited:
Gollum: The Hobbitkind Odyssey

What in the fuck is with Gollum's face? That's as bad as that initial Sonic.

And those beasts. The one second from the right looks cartoonish, almost like a hyena from the original animated Lion King.

Last edited:

NeoIkaruGAF

Gold Member
Current gen? It looks like a mediocre PS3 game, lighting effects excluded.

Thank God it's not a PS5 exclusive, otherwise X-Bots would have a field day with those screenshots.

It's obvious this artstyle goes for a Knack kind of thing - you can clearly see it with the beasts, but people will compare the visuals with those of Shadow of Mordor and that will be the game's visual downfall.
Well Knack was GotG, so too bad this isn’t PS5 exclusive.

Starfield

That doesn't look very next gen to me. Wait for may 7th to see what we can expect from an early "next gen" 3rd party title (AC:V)

Nickolaidas

There are quite a few games which make me say to myself … "Why is this game being made?" This is one of them.

I mean, who thought that 'Boy, wouldn't it be cool to make a game about a crazy, pathetic being who talks to itself and gets bullied and beat up by everyone while it chows down on fish and imagines having a piece of jewelry' and someone actually greenlit this project?

I mean, who thought that 'Boy, wouldn't it be cool to make a game about a crazy, pathetic being who talks to itself and gets bullied and beat up by everyone while it chows down on fish and imagines having a piece of jewelry' and someone actually greenlit this project?

Going by at least one of the screenshots they at least had a thought of having it based around him having serious issues mentally, but I somehow doubt it'll turn into the next Hellblade.

SaucyJack

Presumably as it's Daedilic (developer of the Deponia games) this is going to be a point and click graphic adventure/puzzle game?

Kev Kev

looks like im going to be enjoying my new ps4 pro for a lot longer

lol, nah jk, it'll be a couple years or more before we see what these new systems can really..... at least i think that sounds logical? i dunno anything abut game design so.... just seems like itll take some time before devs can get the most out of the new tech

GreenAlien

There is something really off about the artstyle. I'm all for more LotR games, but this isn't what I have in mind... It's mostly the living things.. the environments are nice.

Well.. maybe it grows on you, I didn't initially like Wind Waker either.

HE1NZ

Banned
Looks okay to me. Cool art style. You guys are expecting too much. I don't think next gen is going to look all that different on screenshots.

There is something really off about the artstyle. I'm all for more LotR games, but this isn't what I have in mind... It's mostly the living things.. the environments are nice.

Well.. maybe it grows on you, I didn't initially like Wind Waker either.
I completely agree. The environment looks good but the creatures are all so average at best

Top Bottom