• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First rechargeable lithium-carbon dioxide batteries

womfalcs3

Banned
Lithium-carbon dioxide batteries have 7 times the energy density of Lithium-ion batteries

Researchers at the University of Illinois at Chicago are the first to show that lithium-carbon dioxide batteries can be designed to operate in a fully rechargeable manner, and they have successfully tested a lithium-carbon dioxide battery prototype running up to 500 consecutive cycles of charge/recharge processes.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Last time I used rechargeable batteries were in the 1980s. Some shit called Dynacharge. Worst ever.

Normal batteries for me. Only time I use them is for TV remote control, gas BBQ ignition, and the "once every 5 years" battery swap for my car remote or garage door opener or fire alarm.

Not sure what people use batteries for, but every store has a huge shelf of them.

Last edited:

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Last time I used rechargeable batteries were in the 1980s. Some shit called Dynacharge. Worst ever.

Normal batteries for me. Only time I use them is for TV remote control, gas BBQ ignition, and the "once every 5 years" battery swap for my car remote or garage door opener or fire alarm.

Not sure what people use batteries for, but every store has a huge shelf of them.
What? Can't tell if this is a joke post or not.

Dural

HoodWinked

Gold Member
its always too expensive or can't be manufactured on scale always something that will prevent it from being used

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
giphy.gif

Top Bottom