• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First screenshots of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutants in Manhattan (Platinum)

Jawmuncher

Not bad, bit their faces look bad. Leonardo in that one image is terrifying.
Have a feeling this will be very similar to Transformers, which is fine by me.

I'm calling it. A playable demo of the game will be out before they even remember to announce the game.

I think the most advertised Platinum game was what, MadWorld? The games are so amazing but there's a fuckall attitude with how they are handled. Not saying it's wrong or even their choice, it's just that they are unique in the industry even regarding this stuff.

duckroll

I think the most advertised Platinum game was what, MadWorld? The games are so amazing but there's a fuckall attitude with how they are handled. Not saying it's wrong or even their choice, it's just that they are unique in the industry even regarding this stuff.

Bayonetta 2 and Scalebound both get a ton of attention. Announced early, lots of updates along the way, etc. This game hasn't even been -announced- and all we're getting from it are tons of leaks. It's hilarious!

TreIII

Bayonetta 2 and Scalebound both get a ton of attention. Announced early, lots of updates along the way, etc. This game hasn't even been -announced- and all we're getting from it are tons of leaks. It's hilarious!

And then Activision will say "Oh, that was the plan all along! We think you guys can do a better job hyping up a P*-made TMNT game than we could, so that's why we leaked it. Because you fans are so AWESOME!"

Yukinari

This game cant possibly be worse than Turtles In Time Re-Shelled or Out Of The Shadows.

The designs bug me but i trust Platinum to make gameplay that isnt shit.

original.jpg

I dunno about the eyes but other than that, I love it.

yeah, the faces are kind of unfortunate

Jawmuncher

And then Activision will say "Oh, that was the plan all along! We think you guys can do a better job hyping up a P*-made TMNT game than we could, so that's why we leaked it. Because you fans are so AWESOME!"

Probably going to launch along with the movie, then get sales during the holidays like transformers. Dunno what Acti's marketing plan is for these platinum titles, but they seem to feel it works.

If they have 2003 or 80/90s skins I'll just switch to those after the first playthrough. PG have been pretty good about having extra skins in their games.

ps3ud0

Are they following an art style of an existing TMNT cartoon or is this just Platinums take? Only know the original ones myself...

ps3ud0 8)

Zetta

While the faces are a bit off, I don't really care tbh. As long as the game is as good as Transformers I'll be very happy.

Stiler

looks disappointing.

Was hoping for a more realistic look to the graphics and more return to form for the turtles looks vs their ugly as hell Michael Bay movie look.

The eyes/noses definitely look weird on the faces here.

To me this game just "screams" another Legend of Korra game, which was terrible.

Was hoping for more Vanquish/Bayonetta vibe instead of this cheap cel-shaded bland looking game.

MightyKAC

Game looks good buuuuuut....

I'm REALLY hoping for a few different character skin OPTIONS if you know what I mean....

We need a cel-shading revival this gen. In a age where graphical leaps are becoming less impactful, cel shading makes sense. Going forward, developers should emphasize unique graphical style more in games outside of indies.

Artworks, achievements, screenshots already leaked and Activision haven't announced anything yet. What's next? Trailer and release date leaked before announcement?

mrmickfran

We meet again cell shading.

It's jarring how better CC2 is at cell shading than the rest of the industry.
CC2 are gods at cel shading. But other devs deserve love too.

Nintendo for Wind Waker and Skyward Sword, Clover Studios for Okami, Ignition for El Shaddai, and of course the OG Cel Shaders: Smilebit for Jet Set Radio.

duckroll

Artworks, achievements, screenshots already leaked and Activision haven't announced anything yet. What's next? Trailer and release date leaked before announcement?

The exact order is:

- Ratings in Australia and Brazil, including the title, platforms, and developer
- Achievements
- Main Artwork
- Screenshots

Card Boy

Banned
Is it so hard to ask for at least ONE good TMNT game that looks good and plays good? We haven't had a good once since the fucken SNES era. If its not the gameplay then it's the art style.

Top Bottom