• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First Street Fighter IV commercial to air during CBS EliteXC Saturday Night Fights

Jim

SFIV commercial, a new trailer and Crush from American Gladiators kicking ass?
Yes please.

FIRST STREET FIGHTER IV COMMERCIAL TO AIR DURING CBS ELITEXC SATURDAY NIGHT FIGHTS MIXED MARTIAL ARTS (MMA) EVENT

New Trailer, Preorder Campaign Kickoff On StreetFighter.com Immediately Following

When: Saturday, May 31st, 2008 at 10 PM
Where: CBS (check local listings)

URL: http://www.streetfighter.com, http://fight.proelite.com/elitexc-primetime.html

SAN MATEO, CA – May 28, 2008 – Capcom®, a leading worldwide developer and publisher of video games, today announced that the first television commercial for Street Fighter® IV will debut during the CBS EliteXC Saturday Night Fights mixed martial arts (MMA) event. The EliteXC bout takes place on CBS on Saturday, May 31 at 9 PM EST. Immediately following the bout, the Street Fighter IV trailer will debut on the newly redesigned StreetFighter.com, along with the first chance for gamers to preorder Street Fighter IV for the Xbox 360™ video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and PLAYSTATION®3 (PS3™) computer entertainment system exclusively through GamesStop.

Viewers tuning in to catch the first MMA fight to ever air on US broadcast television featuring internet phenomenon Kimbo Slice battling British fighter James “The Colossus” Thompson, will be treated to the network premiere of a 60 second Street Fighter IV trailer and 30 second Street Fighter IV television spots, which feature a combination of stylized CG animation and game play, ending with a call to action that will drive viewers to the newly designed StreetFighter.com website.

On the website, players will be able to watch the new “artistic” trailer, featuring a stylized brawl between Street Fighter favorite Guile and new character Abel along with several other Street Fighter IV trailers and then immediately pre-order the Xbox 360 or PS3 version of the game from GameStop. Fans who pre-order Street Fighter IV will receive a limited edition collectable Street Fighter Tribute artbook, illustrated by top artists from the comic book and video game industries. A countdown currently running on the website tracks the time remaining until the new trailer unlocks.

Jim

SolidSnakex said:
Or it's an indication that the game isn't as far off as we might think. It's be pretty amusing if this actually came out before SSF2HDR.

I'm starting to think the end of 2008 is actually a possibility. Remix will probably be shit out by late Summer, maybe.

Art book, huh... I wonder what the quality of this will be like. I'm usually pretty averse to preordering stuff, but the book is snazzy, I don't see any reason why not to.

Xater

rhino4evr said:
I would say really possible. Why would they start the ad campaign for this so early. My guess is a late summer release.

That might be abit too early. They still want to make money with the arcade machines.

But whatever I wasn't expecting it this year at all because of that so it would be awesome anyway.

Fatghost

Gas Guzzler
Xater said:
That might be abit too early. They still want to make money with the arcade machines.

But whatever I wasn't expecting it this year at all because of that so it would be awesome anyway.

Maybe NA/EU gets a console release a few months ahead of Asia?

There really is no arcade business to speak of in the west.

Perdew

Fatghost said:
Maybe NA/EU gets a console release a few months ahead of Asia?

There really is no arcade business to speak of in the west.

That's what I would guess. I wonder if they will at least update the arcade with the characters they will inevitably add for the consoles, and then later with DLC.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
thirtytwoutside said:
Art book, huh... I wonder what the quality of this will be like. I'm usually pretty averse to preordering stuff, but the book is snazzy, I don't see any reason why not to.

Yea, I never liked to pre order stuff but this "art book" makes me very interested... and happy, considering how early the hype is starting. Like others have said, SFIV doesn't seem too far off... a late summer release would make my day :D

Teknoman

SolidSnakex said:
Or it's an indication that the game isn't as far off as we might think. It's be pretty amusing if this actually came out before SSF2HDR.

Heh if it did, then well...I feel sorry for all those who worked on SSF2T:HDR. I wouldnt complain though.

MoxManiac

Weird, never seen a company issue PR for a commercial.

I'm glad Capcom is planning on marketing this heavily. I think they are trying to reach lapsed gamers to get them to go "holy shit, street fighter, I remember that!"

Grayman

Oh that is this weekend. I've been watching EXC on fight network for about a year now but the event is still important for gaining new fans. Sadly the card itself is very weak compared to what other big orgs have done the last month and are doing.

Being in Canada i probably can't pre order sf4 and get the goodies?

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
SolidSnakex said:

The difference here is that SSF2HDR will be complete when it's eventually released.

SFIV won't be.

Fatghost

Gas Guzzler
ZealousD said:
The difference here is that SSF2HDR will be complete when it's eventually released.

SFIV won't be.

I think it's wishful thinking to think SSF2HDR will be bug free on release.

Grayman said:
Oh that is this weekend. I've been watching EXC on fight network for about a year now but the event is still important for gaining new fans. Sadly the card itself is very weak compared to what other big orgs have done the last month and are doing.

Being in Canada i probably can't pre order sf4 and get the goodies?

Any event that has Gina is good enough for me....

It would've been better if Ninja was still fighting Baroni though. And I'll be hoping James Thompson beats Kimbo, though he sucks so much ass I doubt that will happen. Actually I'm more excited about the card than I am about the game. :lol

Wow, this is great news on many fronts.

The fact that the hype machine is starting so soon (and on national television) indicates how seriously Capcom is taking Street Fighter IV. It also must be confident that the game can reach across genres.

Furthermore, an ad campaign now leads me to believe the game will be out soon. It would be unprecedented to advertise a video game to a non-gaming audience several months before release.

It is rumored the Japanese version will hit arcades within the next month or so. I think an August or September release here in the US is plausible. Capcom should not wait to release; there is no arcade scene in the States.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
brendanrfoley said:
Wow, this is great news on many fronts.

The fact that the hype machine is starting so soon (and on national television) indicates how seriously Capcom is taking Street Fighter IV. It also must be confident that the game can reach across genres.

Furthermore, an ad campaign now leads me to believe the game will be out soon. It would be unprecedented to advertise a video game to a non-gaming audience several months before release.

It is rumored the Japanese version will hit arcades within the next month or so. I think an August or September release here in the US is plausible. Capcom should not wait to release; there is no arcade scene in the States.
They should definitely take advantage of all the free balance testing.

Grayman

AranhaHunter said:
Any event that has Gina is good enough for me....

It would've been better if Ninja was still fighting Baroni though. And I'll be hoping James Thompson beats Kimbo, though he sucks so much ass I doubt that will happen. Actually I'm more excited about the card than I am about the game. :lol
Ninja and Baroni would have a really good fight. I guess Ninja is busy starting the new camp while Shogun rehabs his knee?

I hope that everyone kimbo fights beats him. I am cool with kimbo coming from his unlicensed boxing and learning sport but not with him being given "easy fights" for main events.

There is always time to get excited for SF4 much closer to release.

Grayman said:
Ninja and Baroni would have a really good fight. I guess Ninja is busy starting the new camp while Shogun rehabs his knee?

I hope that everyone kimbo fights beats him. I am cool with kimbo coming from his unlicensed boxing and learning sport but not with him being given "easy fights" for main events.

There is always time to get excited for SF4 much closer to release.

It would've been a great fight because of the bad blood between them that goes back a couple of years when the brawl broke up after the Coleman/Shogun "fight". He's actually gonna fight on the next Elite (June 14th), so I don't know why they didn't just have him fight Baroni, I think if he could get the fight to the ground, he would win easily.

I don't mind Kimbo, but the fact that I've heard people say that right now he could beat the likes of Fedor and Nogueira bothers me a lot, so I just want him to lose so that people can lay off his nuts.

Anyways, I'll try to remember to look out for SF4 commercial, maybe it'll get me excited about the game.

Grayman

That bad blood would be funny now since Wanderlei was working with Baroni at coutures gym a few times, possibly more.

I do not know how someone could put Kimbo into the same class as Nogueira and Fedor. I know people say stuff like that but I can't take it seriously.

But yeah Street Fighter...

Grayman said:
That bad blood would be funny now since Wanderlei was working with Baroni at coutures gym a few times, possibly more.

Well there IS some bad blood now between Wand and Shogun since Wand helped Forrest train for his fight with Shogun....

OT the SF4 commercial sucked almost as much ass as the event, the only good thing I got from it was nostalgia from my old SF2 arcade days.

Top Bottom