• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First Super Monkey Ball Adventure Screens

M

muphins

Unconfirmed Member
Looks pretty good. I was expecting them to look like Legos.

olimario

Banned
God forbid they use the amazing existing Monkey Ball engine.
The water in these screens looks terrible.

monkeyadventure0025uo.jpg

:(

I think it looks pretty good. I also don't see how the monkey ball engine could be adapted to a full 3d platfomer like this. I just hope it's not a super easy game aimed at 5 year olds.

MadFuzzy

olimario said:
God forbid they use the amazing existing Monkey Ball engine.

Given it's by a totally different company in the UK written under Sega direction, and most Japanese development teams don't even want to share code between teams in the SAME BUILDING, this doesn't surprise me in the slightest.

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
olimario said:
Here is Monkey Ball 2.
This looks nice.

ss_preview_dec021b.jpg
But remember:
This is Amusement Vision's game:
gxreview5in.jpg

This is Travellers Tales' game:
lego-star-wars-the-video-game-20050419001515190.jpg

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
Looks as expected.

Simplified level design, nothing like the original games. This game is dead to me.

<goes back to waiting for SMB3>

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
well I'm upset.

I better be able to ROLL TO THE GOAL in this one. If there isn't a ribbon marked goal that showers me with confetti when I break it, I'm going to kill a real live monkey.

Peru

I dunno.. a platformer monkey ball game is attractive to me. But at the same time I don't see why they couldn't make an adventure platform-based game with the rolling mechanics.

Those are PS2 screens? ...Damn. It doesn't seem to have the colorful charm of the real SMB games, but those are some sharp visuals.

ghibli99

Looks cool...

It's been said before my many others, but I've always wanted to play this series with the tilt sensor that was in Kirby Tilt 'n' Tumble...

190673.jpg

Or a custom controller that worked like those oldskool labyrinth games where you had to guide the marble through a maze... that'd be pretty sweet.

230166933.jpg

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
Jonnyboy117 said:
Those are PS2 screens? ...Damn. It doesn't seem to have the colorful charm of the real SMB games, but those are some sharp visuals.

Traveller's Tales are usually technically competent, but as subtle as a sledgehammer when it comes to game design.

Not really the best people you want in charge of a Monkey Ball game.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Looks better then I expected

Yeah, that looks okay. Super Monkey Ball is all in the control/game mechanics though..

(well, and level design as proved by Super Monkey Ball 2)

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
FUCK Monkey Ball Adventures. Fuck it up its stupid ass. No game announcement this generation has made me more upset. Partially because I fucking knew Sega would pull some shit like this.

I WANT MONKEY BALL 3! I WANT NEW MASTER LEVELS!

I remember talking to a contact at Eidos mid last year who said TT was on with a Monkey Ball game, knowing I'm a fan. I assumed it was a mobile phone title or something, though he said they were really excited about it. Must say that when this broke over last weekend it came as a shock. Wouldn't write it off now though. Also, SMB2 lost its way a bit. Not nearly as pure as it should have been - too many additions which were not needed. I imagine Nagoshi's power-tanning might be to blame. Have you seen the color of him of late?

Top Bottom