• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fitness |OT9|...You looked better before

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
I have giving up on pushing for a six pack before I turn 40 at the end of october. I got pretty close, but it took a toll on my energy levels and I started having days at the end of the week where I would feel pretty much like I had the flu but without the fever. Switched to eating at maintenance which I'll do for a few weeks, and then I will think about upping the calories to put on a bit more muscle. I'm pretty pleased with my overall transformation over 5 months, but damn if that belly fat and love handle fat is stubborn.

vFx8nEW.jpg

Hollycat

Anybody have any ideas for low stress exercise to build endurance? I've been pretty sick for a while now and gotten weak and fat but I'd like to try and get into shape. First I need to raise my stamina though, right now I can barely Walk around a park or carry groceries.

Right now I doubt I could walk a mile in 20 minutes.

mdsfx

Anybody have any ideas for low stress exercise to build endurance? I've been pretty sick for a while now and gotten weak and fat but I'd like to try and get into shape. First I need to raise my stamina though, right now I can barely Walk around a park or carry groceries.

Recumbent stationary bike?

Szu

Yoga or Pilates.

Alastor3

Question!! I sprain my right ankle a week ago (it's already feeling much better now but not entirely) and because of the crutches (that I bought and used for 1 day) my right wrist hurt a bit and I feel like a small burning sensation even after a week using the crutches...

Anyway, I wanted to know, what exercises I can do, if I can do any? Should I just train my left side ahah? Im sick of waiting for fully recovery.

ILoveBish

Almost back to normal, working out 2-3 days a week, home gym almost finished, lifts going up again. Went from PSMF till the wedding, 3 weeks of eating like shit (carbs) after the wedding and on lazy keto now but looking and feeling great. I'll post updated pics soon, just so damn busy.

Honestly, this was a LOT easier when i was single and had no responsibilities. Now with wife, mortgage, real big boy job, finding time is incredibly difficult for everything.

Its all worth it of course, but just saying that to let people who are in the position i was, to take advantage of your free time. Make the best use of it.

ILoveBish

Fitbros, we did it! Finally sold our house and officially moved out! Now on to the fun part (finding a new one)

Congrats man. Home ownership is seriously the best. Hope you find your new place soon.

We've been working on the house since we moved in months ago, it's so time consuming, but incredibly rewarding. Putting previous owners dead mulch into trash bags is so painstaking, there is always something to do.

first few days of Keto are a lot of fun, let me tell ya. Headaches, fatigue, carb cravings, runny shit/peeing all the time, brain dont make words good, etc

Just gotta get over this initial adaptation phase, gotta stay strong brehs.

My cousin just died. We were close. Drug abuse. This is the second person in my life to pass from some type of drug addiction.

If you know anyone that has issues, fight tooth and nail.

All of these demons are dark and incredibly difficult to fight no matter the drug of choice whether it's steroids or heroin. This is no fun to go through a second time.

mdsfx

My cousin just died. We were close. Drug abuse. This is the second person in my life to pass from some type of drug addiction.

All of these demons are dark and incredibly difficult to fight no matter the drug of choice whether it's steroids or heroin. This is no fun to go through a second time.

I'm really sorry to hear that man. I've had multiple friends die from overdoses. My wife lost her cousin a few years ago.

If it wasn't for my wife asking me to stop doing drugs when we were dating, I might be in the same boat, and who knows how that could have affecting my kids. I'm just lucky that I was able to choose her over my bad habits. A few years more and it may have been a different story.

Nelo Ice

Banned

Sorry to hear :(. I swear my cousin is headed down that path and but he won't listen to anyone. He's an alcoholic and he's had 1 DUI. He's incredibly lucky he doesn't have 3 on his record thanks to I think a cop messing up on filing on the report for both cases. He also snorts cocaine on a regular basis and I'm pretty damn sure he has sleep apnea since he snores really loudly and is overweight.

BumRush

So sorry bud. Wishing you and your family the best.

velociraptor

Sorry to hear that man.

Szu

Jack, sorry for your loss.

Chorazin

Walk more. It's that easy. Once walking is easy for you come back and we'll talk about ramping it up.

I really liked using a FitBit to keep track of all my steps, and the numerical feedback always gave me an easy to understand goal to surpass everyday.

Who needs abs? Not me!

Sorry to hear :(

I turn 44 on Thursday, thus the spare tire issues. I don't know, it might be loose skin, but I've weighed 200-ish for over a year now. Went down to 190, bulked to 205, back down to 195. Got a hydrostatic weighing in a couple of weeks to see exactly where I'm at.

Taking the shot in front of the kiddie desk makes me look huge though.

Zero²

I turn 44 on Thursday, thus the spare tire issues. I don't know, it might be loose skin, but I've weighed 200-ish for over a year now. Went down to 190, bulked to 205, back down to 195. Got a hydrostatic weighing in a couple of weeks to see exactly where I'm at.

Woah you look amazing man, good job!! Hope I can get there someday.

Lately feels like I'm not getting any stronger, must be lack of sleep and stress... Cant fuck wait for January when I'll have more time to focus on the gym. For now, what you guys think, should I increase volume or try slowly increasing weight? Or I should just say fuck it and workout normally to keep my gains for now?

Thanks guys. I appreciate it. Sad to read so many people with personal experiences. Really highlights how prevalent that shit is.

It's horrifyingly common and it really sucks because of how powerless it makes you feel. I'm sorry to hear you're dealing with this; hopefully it's the last time for you.

TheFlow

Banned

I like this

Szu

Awesome work, man. Hopefully, I'll look as good as you when I reach 44.

By next year. :(

You look awesome and super strong!

TheFlow

Banned
first few days of Keto are a lot of fun, let me tell ya. Headaches, fatigue, carb cravings, runny shit/peeing all the time, brain dont make words good, etc

looking forward to the before and after pics

You need more fiber! spinach omelette is heaven

You need more fiber! spinach omelette is heaven

get about 21g of fiber every day, 4000g of sodium, potassium and magnessium are on lock, and I drink hella water

The headaches/upset stomachs have gone away by day 4(today), but the low energy/brain fog I have is killer. And I would literally kill a man for some pasta right now. Love reading it takes like 4-12 weeks for me to become "keto-adapt" and for this to go away. Whee

Just taking it one day at a time

Thanks again for all the love, fam. Means a lot. If you ever wonder where I got my drive and conviction from, he was the catalyst XD

-

MG - you look insane, dude. Legit fucking amazing o_O

-

The leangains study on IF sounds good. I'd love to try IF but I'm unsure of how to break that in with being diabetic. I'd have to factor in a whole bunch so I wouldn't kill myself but I'm willing to take baby steps with insulin use. I figure if I can slam a 5.4 on my A1C without any major or worrying lows I'm at a good starting point with my math, timing and frequency. Insulin pump beats rock, paper and scissors.

-

Few weeks in on the bulk is going good. I've upped my routine to 7 days per week. I would normally rest on Saturday but I'm throwing more volume at everything, which takes more time since my rest intervals are 1.5-2.0 minutes so I'm splitting arms again.

OHP and Bench numbers are moving up again while squats and deads remain the same, but those two never dropped on my cut. Squats did just a hair by a rep or two but I was able to maintain most leg strength through vigilance and carb loading before leg days.

I'm going to talk to my doc about IF next month and report back. I'll have a plan worked up to ease me in and see what he says. I wouldn't mind giving it a shot.

I fail to see the spare tire. I hope I look like you when I'm 44.

BumRush

44? Damn dude

You look amazing...keep it up!

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Thanks everyone, but I owe a lot of it to overhead lighting and then playing with Levels in Photoshop. :)

I'm very pale.
Yeah, I am really jealous of people who can tan, at the slightest hint of bright white light any muscle definition I have evaporates. Somehow I don't think that is the case for you though, those legs are huge no matter what the lighting.

Top Bottom