• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fleet Foxes - Helplessness Blues [May 3], tour starts Apr 30 [presale Feb 1, 9am PST]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Desperado

wigYY.jpg

http://pitchfork.com/news/41402-fleet-foxes-return-with-new-album-tour/

Their self-titled debut album was Pitchfork's favorite album of 2008, and now Seattle harmonizers Fleet Foxes are back with album number two. On May 3 in the U.S., Sub Pop will release Helplessness Blues, the band's new 12-song LP. (Bella Union will release it May 2 in the UK.) Phil Ek, who produced the first album, co-produced and mixed this one.

04-30 Vancouver, British Columbia - The Vogue Theatre
05-01 Portland, OR - Crystal Ballroom
05-03 Seattle, WA - Moore Theatre
05-05 Oakland, CA - Fox Theater
05-06 San Diego, CA - Spreckels Theatre
05-07 Hollywood, CA - Hollywood Palladium
05-08 Tucson, AZ - Rialto Theatre
05-10 Austin, TX - Stubbs Waller Creek Amphitheater
05-11 Dallas, TX - Palladium Ballroom
05-13 Nashville, TN - Ryman Auditorium
05-14 Atlanta, GA - The Tabernacle
05-15 Washington, DC - DAR Constitution Hall
05-17 Boston, MA - Orpheum Theatre
05-18 New York, NY - The United Palace Theatre
05-21 Upper Darby, PA - Tower Theatre
05-25 Berlin, Germany - Astra
05-26 Munich, Germany - Dachau Summer of Music
05-28 Barcelona, Spain - Primavera Sound
05-30 Paris, France - Bataclan
05-31 London, England - Hammersmith Apollo

And from their website:

http://fleetfoxes.com/tour.html
Come back tomorrow, Tuesday the 1st at 9am PST, if you'd like to take part in the limited ticket pre-sale for any of the North American shows listed below. You'll also be able to pre-order the new album along with your ticket if you want to. Thanks!

Desperado

Forgot to mention, the title track is streaming at their website (or at the Pitchfork link) and you can download it, too.

CRS

Super excited for the album and gonna be even more excited when I buy my ticket tomorrow.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
Damn, they wont make it to Sasquatch this year.

Maybe I will catch them when they are in Portland.

Eric WK

I can only think of one or two songs on the first LP that I like more than this one. I think this album is going to be great. On atease, Robin was asked if there'd be any bonus tracks to accompany this record on iTunes or something and he said that they only finished recording the twelve that made the album, but that he's going into the studio soon to record a solo 7" so those are kind of/sort of bonus tracks. He said the 7" will be out before the album.

xxracerxx said:
Damn, they wont make it to Sasquatch this year.

Maybe I will catch them when they are in Portland.

Hoping they'll do either Lolla or Pitchfork (preferably P4K) since I'll be going to one of those fests this year.

The first album had a shitload of mileage my freshman year of college (great homework music). Hope this has the same sort of atmosphere.

ilikeme

Absolutely beautiful. I saw them live.. sadly I was a bit drunk but it was still amazing!

The lyrics are so good too, the naive(human!) longing of youth (or just anyone)

Can't come soon enough. Wonder if they'll add some more tour dates for summer? No scandinavia dates yet. Don't know if I can afford flying down.. or well sure I could.. hmm..

Ohh, excite!

CRS

Ok, here's the pre-sale page for the upcoming American tour dates. There's a four ticket per person limit put in place to make sure the Gosselin family won't be at any of the shows. Is that an outdated cultural reference? Anyway, you can also pre-order the new record "Helplessness Blues" (it's a real laugh riot) along with whatever ticket purchase you make and the record will be delivered to you when it's available, along with a complimentary digital version. Convenience. All prices include fees, except for shipping for physical tickets (just so you know, the included fees for each ticket are between $3-4 and reflect our exact cost to sell them - we wanted to keep prices as low as possible for you. That's also why the prices listed are in random pennies instead of the usual round number.) All tickets come with a download of the title track, which you can also find elsewhere, but whatever. Cool! Thanks very much.
:lol :lol :lol

Hell yes! I can't wait. I wish they were coming somewhere closer to St. Louis. I've been wanting to see this band live for a looooong time. I might have to cave in for the Nashville show if they still have tickets available.

CRS

Desperado said:
Anyone else getting 404 errors?

Yeah and now I got this. "Could not authorize the user 'manager' Attempt to connect to the server failed. Too many connections Contact your Tungsten administrator. "

ChldRebelSoldr said:
Yeah and now I got this. "Could not authorize the user 'manager' Attempt to connect to the server failed. Too many connections Contact your Tungsten administrator. "
Yeh I got this too. Fuuuuuuuuuu

CRS

And the sale is delayed. Kinda knew something was gonna happen.

Fleet Foxes Facebook said:
Update on pre-sale tickets! Due to a pretty unexpected spike in traffic, the ticket service was overwhelmed. We've been told they are working on it and will resume sales at 10AM Pacific time- so sorry for the inconvenience!

Dahellisdat said:
Yeh I got this too. Fuuuuuuuuuu
That was for the checkout part and was really excited that I was finally able to buy mine.

CRS

Fleet Foxes said:
Vancouver, Portland, Seattle, Oakland and San Diego presales will start at 10 am PST.
Hollywood, Tucson, Austin, Dallas and Nashville will start at 11 am PST.
Atlanta, Washington D.C., Boston, New York and Upper Darby will start at noon PST.

A few shows have their own time now. Hope there are still some good Hollywood tickets left.

Desperado

Tickets for most shows go officially on sale tomorrow.

I love the shift in style in 2:48. The first section is strongly reminiscent of Simon & Garfunkel, but the change in direction makes the song distinctly Fleet Foxes.

Haha! Nothing in the midwest, figures! :|

Anyways, if they can make another song like Blue Ridge Mountains, I am in! I can listen to that 10 times in a row!

Midas

There are quite a few amazing songs on this album. Really like it. Favorite song is probably the one where Robin sings about banal questions like why the earth is moving around the sun, but make the question the most important ever.

The Shrine / An Argument is blowing my mind. I don't want to spit hyperbole this early, but this is just magnificent.

Robin just said this on Twitter:

I'm glad it leaked, but kinda bummed because I wanted the winner of the Japan auction to hear it first. Seems less valuable now. Hrm.

CRS

ChubbyHuggs said:
The whole album is out already or just the song?
Whole album. Apparently, record label accidentally sent a stream of the album to people who pre-ordered it. Someone recorded it and put it online.

Really want to wait until a higher quality is up but I don't think I can wait a whole month.

Zilch

Banned
Considering that Expendable pisses himself to make the first post about an(y) album leak, I'm gonna go with "whole album has leaked".

Zilch said:
Considering that Expendable pisses himself to make the first post about an(y) album leak, I'm gonna go with "whole album has leaked".

Ha, only albums that I give a shit about. And this certainly falls under that category.

After one full listen it is glorious.

CRS

Expendable. said:
The Shrine / An Argument is blowing my mind. I don't want to spit hyperbole this early, but this is just magnificent.
Co-signed. It's really, really, really good.

K.Sabot

Bulbo Urethral Baggins said:
DP.

I just can't get past that song. Anyone have other favorites?
Oliver James

washed in the rain

noooooo loooooonger.

Edit: Also Drops in the River and Your Protector.

CRS

Bulbo Urethral Baggins said:
DP.

I just can't get past that song. Anyone have other favorites?
Like K. Sabot said, Oliver James is a gem.

My favorite has to be Tiger Mountain Peasant Song. Your Protector and He Doesn't Know Why are also great tracks.

The whole album is really good.

I'm trying to not freak out and just exclaim how good this is because I'm just excited that it is finally here, but... This is outstanding, they really delivered. I just wish it was better quality :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom