• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Florida Police Arrest NYPD's Cop of the Year...

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
A Queens police officer who once won his precinct’s “Cop of the Year’’ award has been busted on cocaine-trafficking charges, sources said Tuesday.

Officer Philip LeRoy, who works in the 114th Precinct, was nabbed just before midnight Monday in Sunrise City, Fla., with two other men while allegedly buying 10 kilos of cocaine, sources told The Post.

LeRoy — the son of a retired detective — allegedly drove from New York with the intent to buy drugs in the Sunshine State and had his off-duty weapon on him at the time.

“Sunrise PD does this thing called forfeiture, which are like reverse drug-deal stings, where cops pose as dealers selling very cheap cocaine. They’re known for these kind of big busts,” a police source said.

“You got to be pretty stupid to do this deal in Sunrise.”

LeRoy, 28, was charged with felony weapons possession, cocaine trafficking and conspiracy to traffic cocaine, according to court records. His bail was set at $250,000.

More at the link:

http://nypost.com/2014/12/03/former-cop-of-the-year-busted-on-coke-trafficking-charges/

There are not enough 'brehs' in the world. What an asshole. I lived not too far from this precinct, mine was the 112th, though.

SimleuqiR

New York Finest.

I got family in the NYPD force. It just a shame that we humans are easily corrupted with even a little power.

Sulik2

New York Finest.

I got family in the NYPD force. It just a shame that we humans are easily corrupted with even a little power.

If the police were actually held accountable for their actions, I bet more officers would resist the temptation.

Volimar

When asked for comment, the NYPD spokesperson said, "I'll have to go back and take a look, but he still probably qualifies."

Volimar

USA Police are a fucking joke this year in particular.

Nah. People are just more aware of it because the media smells blood in the water after Ferguson.

Indeed. No more paid vacations for being disciplined would be a good start.

The other side of that is that it will rightly suck ass if someone accuses you of something you didn't do and you lose your income while they investigate. I'd prefer a new kind of leave where you are paid while they investigate, but if you're found culpable for something that would result in your firing, you are required to pay back the wages you earned while under investigation.

AlphaSnake

Nah. People are just more aware of it because the media smells blood in the water after Ferguson.

NYPD's caught shit and has been on the radar way before Ferguson happened, to be honest.

NYPD's caught shit and has been on the radar way before Ferguson happened, to be honest.

Yeah, and it is unfortunate. LAPD, NYPD (Insert big city name here)PD. They all have huge issues that I honestly believe no amount of house cleaning will solve. Rotten to the core.

The other side of that is that it will rightly suck ass if someone accuses you of something you didn't do and you lose your income while they investigate. I'd prefer a new kind of leave where you are paid while they investigate, but if you're found culpable for something that would result in your firing, you are required to pay back the wages you earned while under investigation.

This is more than reasonable. So of course it isn't implemented.

OnPoint

He just wanted to get it off the streets of Florida.

What better place to dispose of it than up the noses of people he sold it to?

And what's wrong with making a few bucks along the way?

I don't see a problem here.

The interesting thing about this is, I remember some time back.. maybe a year or two ago.. these "reverse-stings" in Sunrise were in the media because some of the people they arrested were basically claiming entrapment. I can't recall the specifics but it was something about them being put into these high pressured situations where they felt they had no options but to accept the drugs. Also because the Sunset PD is basically bringing criminals from outside their jurisdiction INTO their jurisdiction to make these busts.

Now, I mention this not because I think the NYPD officer could be innocent but because this could be a case where questionable police work actually caught a dirty cop.

AlphaSnake

Kill a dude? You're still good. Buy some coke? FUCK YOU.

Go away and take your derailing statements elsewhere. I will PM a mod if you try to turn this into a Ferguson thread. There's already a Ferguson thread, keep it contained.

tt1SPmk.gif

sangreal

Do they not have any crime in Sunshine? Seems like a huge waste of resources for a local PD to be importing criminals from across the country to sell fake drugs to

I guess they really want that forfeited cash

AlphaSnake

Do they not have any crime in Sunshine? Seems like a huge waste of resources for a local PD to be importing criminals from across the country to sell fake drugs to

I guess they really want that forfeited cash

Catching out of state criminals isn't the goal. Just happened that the idiot took the bait. I'm sure the purpose is to catch locals, it's just the dumbass drove all the way to Florida to buy cheap coke.

entremet

Why are New York cops so bad

It's the biggest police force in the US. You're gonna have some bad apples with that sample size.

My cousin is a cop and I've known many decent NYPD folks. It's tough that many wackos paint the whole department.

I do think stop and frisk is BS, but cops are just following orders from above.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
More disturbing to me is the fact that a police department is literally selling cocaine and keeping the money and the cocaine. I don't even care about the entrapment. It's disturbing. Circular.

Rembrandt

Banned
I mean nationally, but you're right of course.

Even then, when people think of corrupt police, the first ones they think of are either LAPD or NYPD.

More disturbing to me is the fact that a police department is literally selling cocaine and keeping the money and the cocaine. I don't even care about the entrapment. It's disturbing. Circular.

Is it entrapment if they initiated the deal, though?

It's the "vacation" part that people have a problem with. Particularly when someone says it's more like "house arrest," which to a segment of GAF is like being sentenced to play videogames and watch tv. I have no problem with cops having desk or "gym" duty, where they have to report to work but can't carry a weapon or do actual policing. It's also a reminder that corruption has consequence, even if it's only temporary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom