• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fly inside monitor, need help

After a late night session with Nier Automata I went to bed last night, only to wake up this morning and find a freaking fly literally inside my PC monitor. Just back and forth inside the screen. I only see it in dark backgrounds (like GAF's dark theme) and immediately turned everything off and made this topic in hopes that someone may have some tips to get rid of this fucker. I really hope I don't have a permanent resident. So yeah, anyone have any advice?

Wasn't sure if this belongs on this board, so mods feel free to correct me.

Edit: Alright, well clearly guess it's literally the worst day for this topic. Anyway, it's only noticeable on some backgrounds so I guess I'm gonna have to live with it and hope it finds a way out.

I've got small ants inside 2 different monitors, at least they got out on their own but HOLY FUCK it's annoying to be using your PC and seeing that small fucker just running around and you try to click it but you realize it's real and just brought shame to your family again.

RAWRferal

"Small numbers of flies and insects are a characteristic of LCD screens. These are normal and should not be considered a defect."

Hairsplash

Pictures, or it did not happen.

If you remove the back of your monitor... will you be able to see your hand behind the monitor.?

kadotsu

Banned
I hate it when that happens.
34947mc%5B3%5D.gif

keraj37

Smash it with a hammer, take out the fly and kill it, then repair your monitor, and... everything is back to normal.

Top Bottom