• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FMV resurgence continues with lovecraftian "The Infectious Madness of Doctor Dekker"

Coming 2017 to PC, Mac, Linux
http://www.doctordekker.com/
Teaser 1, Teaser 2
Quite a few dev updates over here: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=691937244
The Infectious Madness of Doctor Dekker is a Lovecraftian FMV murder mystery, which gives players full freedom to question suspects by typing their own questions instead of picking them from a predetermined list. There are no point and click puzzles to solve, just questions to ask and evidence to inspect.

You are a therapist, tasked with treating the unusual patients of the recently deceased Doctor Dekker. All six patients are suspects in his murder, but nothing is what it seems.

Using keyword-based questions which unlock FMV responses, you’ll explore the shadow reality that your patients inhabit – a world full of X-Files strangeness and horrors that go bump in your head.

Can you uncover who killed Doctor Dekker without losing your own mind?
uzMXWTml.jpg

eGVEKbcl.jpg

RKdAG5Rl.jpg

rbe07WTl.jpg

Wow, this sounds like it's going to be a huge project
The main script for Doctor Dekker is now finished and was released to cast members on Monday. Weighing in at a whopping 250 pages if everything makes final cut we'll have... 1629 unique video responses for you to enjoy!
To put that in perspective, Her Story had 271 video clips
As we all know, size doesn't matter, so we'll also be adding another 100+ unique video responses from an ensemble of supporting cast members. For dev purposes we're calling them "side quests" - cameo patients with equally bizarre conditions who corroborate with the main cast and add some mystery of their own. So your six-suspect journey may have an extra 4-6 patients to interact with depending on the choices you make.
While video is front and centre, there are a few juicy bits of evidence you’ll need to have a look at. An autopsy report, a Cthulhu -esque Periscope video, Dr Dekker’s diary and more.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Elin is really tripping it seems.

All for more FMV games, especially Lovecraftian. Looking forward to this.
Pretty crazy that of all the genres to suddenly be revived like literally out of the blue, FMV make a comeback. Her Story, Contradiction, The Bunker, this game. There are probably others I'm forgetting at the moment

Zubz

Banned
As a fan of FMV and Lovecraftian stories (And also as a therapist), this looks pretty great; 1629 FMV responses is nuts! Sign me on for this one.

I just got my beta key for this this morning. I didn't have time to test it out before I had to head in to work, but I'm looking forward to testing it this evening.

Looks quite fun, and I've been a fan of FMVs since the 7th Guest.

If anyone's interested, I'll try to post some impressions after I get some time under my belt playing it.

Bought it today, haven't played it yet! Any impressions?
Not really any reviews yet, but the impressions I've seen have praised the acting and sprawling narrative, but have said the UI can be clunky and parser/keyboard based system can be frustrating at times

Although in my personal opinion, considering only really Facade, Her Story, and old school text adventures have even let you actually manually type queries, I don't mind some jank if it's ambitious. Hopefully it's not too annoying

Top Bottom