• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Foamstars on is apparently "brilliant" and "game of the show" according to some press after hands on demo

Bartski

Gold Member
wait what

Tom Delonge Wtf GIF

Last edited:

near

Gold Member
If it's F2P it will do well. I will try it either way, but I can't say I'm surprised. There is a reason Splatoon is huge.

People also sure loved that Cyberpunk demo.

Hey, I hope it's good - aside from character design it did look like there was fun to be had. Game of the show? Pfft.

ReBurn

Gold Member
They could have released a playable preview after the digital show so everyone could play it instead of just fluffing the media, but they didn't.

ARK1391

Everyone trying to get invited to the FFVII: Rebirth hands on events i see. Smart way to suck up for an invite.

Raven77

OMG WHAT? You mean we can't properly judge something based on 1 minute of footage?

Why is this shocking to anyone? It's not like we knew much or saw much.

Tired Oh No GIF by One Chicago

KXVXII9X

Splatoon is one of my favorite multiplayer games ever so I can kind of believe it, but if I were Nintendo I would want to sue. It doesn't feel right that a game that almost copies another is getting so much credit. Talk about a creatively bankrupt industry. Remakes, copies, and Trend hoppers.

Aldric

Game looked fun tbh, not sure why so many people were shitting on it other than easy gaas hate.
Yeah I have no idea why so many people reacted so negatively to it, sure the inspiration is a bit too blatant but it's a good thing to copy Splatoon, it's one of the most fun franchises of the decade.

Mr.Phoenix

Why does this shock anyone?

Imagine, better looking, 4k version of Splatoon.

That's what I thought this game would be, a splatoon clone. Only shock is that its SE that's making it. Its one of those things that if you get the gameplay and the maps right, you have a hit on your hands.

ToadMan

It was a few weeks ago we were told to be excited about Redfall after the preview.

There is no gaming journalism - there’s just advertising which sometimes masquerades as being independent.

Last edited:

killatopak

Really the only thing hampering this game from being totally exciting for me is SE themselves.

I don't think I trust them in MP on anything not an MMO.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
If this were an adults only game with strippers firing foam, bodies glistening and all that - it could’ve been a contender.

If you’re going to do it, do it right.

MagnesD3

If this were an adults only game with strippers firing foam, bodies glistening and all that - it could’ve been a contender.

If you’re going to do it, do it right.
For some reason I feel that this is the energy they were going for, it's fucking weird for a Splatoon game...

justiceiro

Marlboro: Other M
Yeah, yeah, this is like those smash clones that always gets praised at launch and get forgotten 1 year after.

It's this year multiversus.

DrFigs

I thought it looked cool at the showcase. people were just bugging because they dislike the "gaas" buzzword

Pejo

Bunch of journos that spend their time talking about social justice issues instead of games and then write articles about how they shouldn't have to play/finish a game to review it, and they like this game.

I might just wait and not take this as any sort of actual metric.

Top Bottom